• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for MG Beta Reader (will swap if interested)

Status
Not open for further replies.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Post 9 is most up-to-date.

Hey, I was hoping to get a review on my 38k MG novel. It's about a sixth-grader with a talent for pranking spine-tingling, goosebump-popping, hair-rising, ghost-squealing, nefarious teachers and uses his prank club to unleash a barrage of pranks of justice to save his favorite teacher's job. I warn you, don't stand too close to these maniacal trio of teachers, it's been rumored that their wickedness is contagious!

I can take as harsh of criticism that you are willing to provide. I will also do a beta swap if you want.

Last edited:

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Edited it a tad to give a better idea of it.

shibby

Registered
Reaction score
Send it my way :)

What are you looking for, feedback wise?

Shibby

fortworth

Registered
Reaction score
Swap

Hi,

I have a dark comedy/urban horror (adult themes, 23k words) in its second draft that needs critiquing for theme, story, character etc (no line edits needed).

I would be more than happy to take a swap with your piece and go through it thoroughly. I also have some experience with writing MG myself.

Hope this is of some interest to you.

Chris.

Last edited:

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Send it my way :)

What are you looking for, feedback wise?

Shibby

I don't need line-by-line. Basically a handful of things:

1. How is the pace? (i.e. do some places drag while others are too fast?)
2. Overall thoughts of the story (but really looking to see if you enjoyed it/thought it was a fun read. With this type of novel it is all about the fun obviously, not about a deep meaning or moral.)
3. How is the voice? Does it sound too old?
4. How is the dialogue? Does it come across normal for the characters?
5. Does the beginning drag or is it the right pace

If this is okay message me your email and I will send it your way. Do you have a story or piece you want me to look at as well?

Hi,

I have a dark comedy/urban horror (adult themes, 23k words) in its second draft that needs critiquing for theme, story, character etc (no line edits needed).

I would be more than happy to take a swap with your piece and go through it thoroughly. I also have some experience with writing MG myself.

Hope this is of some interest to you.

Chris.

Definitely. So just kind of overall thoughts you want then? What I am looking for is provided in the quote above. If this works message me your email and we can swap!

shibby

Registered
Reaction score
I don't need line-by-line. Basically a handful of things:

1. How is the pace? (i.e. do some places drag while others are too fast?)
2. Overall thoughts of the story (but really looking to see if you enjoyed it/thought it was a fun read. With this type of novel it is all about the fun obviously, not about a deep meaning or moral.)
3. How is the voice? Does it sound too old?
4. How is the dialogue? Does it come across normal for the characters?
5. Does the beginning drag or is it the right pace

If this is okay message me your email and I will send it your way. Do you have a story or piece you want me to look at as well?

Hey buddy,

I've only just seen this, ignore my p.m haha.

So far I'm half way through chapter 5.

I'll either email or PM you some feedback :)

Shibby

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Hey buddy,

I've only just seen this, ignore my p.m haha.

So far I'm half way through chapter 5.

I'll either email or PM you some feedback :)

Shibby

Awesome! Look forward to it whenever you finish.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Bump! I made some edits and doing a final read through of my final three chapters this weekend and was hoping for someone to read through it and just let me know if anything jumps out at you.

Anyone interested?

authorMAF

Registered
Reaction score
Website
authormaf.com
Bump! I made some edits and doing a final read through of my final three chapters this weekend and was hoping for someone to read through it and just let me know if anything jumps out at you.

Anyone interested?

is the information you crossed out in your first post still relevant? If not, could you describe what your story is about? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.