NFL 2014 season

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a very pleased Bills fan this week. I'm certain I won't be much of the rest of the year. but the way the last decade and a half have gone, being able to say we were ahead of the Patriots for a week is about the best I can hope for. :D

That and seeing the team actually play football when the momentum turned late. Most Bills teams would have lost this week's game. Usually on a turnover.

And then we got our news about the sale, and it seems likely the team might actually stay in Buffalo (especially since I think the Sabres and Bills being in the same market has some bearing on ownership - not sure what but I've seen it mentioned in a few places)

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Holy smokes, I cannot wait for the Broncos to play Seattle (Sept. 21)! The way the Broncos played this past Sunday was stunning. That'll be the game to watch!

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
So ... what's going on with Johnny Football? I thought he was the new Messiah? Is he playing today?

Threak 17

Registered
Reaction score
God's gift to football is still stuck with the second string. Unless Brain Hoyer gets hurt, or fails miserably, Johnny Football is holding a clipboard and thinking about what commercial offer he may accept next.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Hail to the Redskins, even though it was only Jacksonville.

RGIII went out and Cousin's showed why the Skins did not trade him. He blows out the Jags. Defense had a great showing, nine sacks on the day. I think the only one who did not get a sack was the coach.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
I was rooting for the Bills today as well and I hope whoever buys them keeps them in Buffalo...

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Man, the Jets always seem to find a way to lose. Have a touchdown pass called back because the coordinator made a last second timeout... and the OC isn't even allowed to call timeouts according to the rules.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
I really ha...ha...don't care for Jay Cutler, but wow, the job he did tonight was flat incredible. I don't care that the D gave them the chance. Cutler had to get the job done.

And after the Hawks looked mediocre at best in SD, I do appreciate Chicago taking care of the Niners! Woot!

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
You must be even more pleased this week!
I am! Though it's hard to be that excited when your team goes 1-for-howevermany in the red zone >.>

I was rooting for the Bills today as well and I hope whoever buys them keeps them in Buffalo...
Luckily, the deal with the Sabres owner seems like a done deal, so it looks promising. Which means I can finally cut off my moratorium on buying new Bills gear. :D

Man, the Jets always seem to find a way to lose. Have a touchdown pass called back because the coordinator made a last second timeout... and the OC isn't even allowed to call timeouts according to the rules.
That had to be one of the more bizarre things I've seen. I couldn't believe that happened. And then they still got charged the timeout, insult to injury. :(

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I really ha...ha...don't care for Jay Cutler, but wow, the job he did tonight was flat incredible. I don't care that the D gave them the chance. Cutler had to get the job done.

And after the Hawks looked mediocre at best in SD, I do appreciate Chicago taking care of the Niners! Woot!

That was mad, wasn't it?

Me in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters - :rolleyes:

Start of 4th quarter - :eek:

Middle - :ROFL:

End - :hooray:

That was a messy messy game. Way too many penalties. Bad calls. And Niners just blew up in the last 15 mins.

Just.... mad.

Oh well, that's football! LOL!

Last edited:

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I know! Weird week. I started it thinking we were going to be 0-2 but it ends up with all four at 1-1.