First Novel Published!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
After much toil and trouble (more toil, I have to admit!) my first book How the Wolf Lost Her Heart is out on Amazon. There will be paperback editions in the next week, but I'm proud to announce the Kindle edition is up and running.

It's true that it's a huge challenge self-publishing and I've had some brilliant help from people in the self-publishing section who have shared their expertise, so big thanks to those people! After the mountain of rejections, I decided this was the road I wanted to take and I'm very pleased I did. There's still a long way to go of course, but I'm hopeful that this will be the stepping stone towards bigger and brighter things.

Here's the front cover; I was very pleased the first time I saw it.

23qyxax.jpg

So yes - first book published! I'm ecstatic - I achieved the goal I'd set myself 12 years ago, to be published before the age of 30, albeit not quite as I'd expected, but I'm thrilled nonetheless and very optimistic about what the future holds. :D

Last edited:

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! That's quite an accomplishment!

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Self-pubbing is a tremendous challenge! Congratulations! Wishing you tons of success!

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs on the first book and good luck with sales!

robertt

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.lacydawnadventures.com
Just for curiosity, if you don't mind saying, how much money do you think that you've spent in total on this project? I understand if you don't want to share that info. The sequel to Rarity from the Hollow is almost finished and I'm exploring options. Thanks

Reaction score
Thanks, J.B!

Hi Robertt - do you mean just this book or getting my name out as a writer aswell, e.g, creating websites? If it's the book alone, I've spent about $25 (£15) so far. $15 went to a promotional company who will feature the book on their website; they have a lot of readers so I'm hoping this one will boost sales. A further $10 went towards ordering the proof on Createspace.

I'm lucky in the sense I'm connected to proof-readers, editors and book cover designers; as a freelance writer, rather than pay upfront, general payment includes me using my freelancing abilities to return the favour. Also, in terms of promotion/creating a website/marketing myself, it's something I feel I can do on my own with the assistance of a few helpful friends. It will be some time before I'll be able to tell if my strategy works, but I've got my fingers crossed! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.