Have a Children's Book? I can help convert it to iPod/iPad

BlossomQueen

Playing the Waiting Game
Registered
Reaction score
Hi you guys (note to moderators: can I post this here?),

I'm a iPhone/iPad developer and I can work with you to convert any children's/picture/comic book into an e-Book app compatible with iPhone/iPad for the Apple store. As an author I know it's difficult to juggle both types of skills, so I wouldn't mind doing something like this. Shoot me any questions via PM if you would like to go further.

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is this a solicitation for paid services?

BlossomQueen

Playing the Waiting Game
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, it is. I'm building a children's book app myself and thought that maybe others wouldn't mind the service, and we could work out an arrangement (I'm mostly just doing it for experience). Is this the wrong area? Or not allowed on the forum?

Last edited:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Generally we just encourage people to put stuff like that in their signatures, so as to not be overrun with self-proclaimed editors and website designers and what-not, all wanting to advertise their services here for free.

Lately, I've been wondering about a sort of "classified ad" room, though -- someplace people could post both "Help Wanted" ads and "Services for hire" kinds of ads. I haven't made my mind up about it, yet, honestly -- but would be interested in what the community thinks.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Help Wanted" ads and "Services for hire" kinds of ads. I haven't made my mind up about it, yet, honestly -- but would be interested in what the community thinks.

My small voice in the community says, "Me thinks 'tis a great idea!"

A fee per word, size, and/or time frame may help keep space available more doable.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Mac, I like the classified ad idea. Whether I used it to advertise my own services (if I ever had services to advertise...) or not, I can see another obvious use for such a section. Like, I know several times I've come across a user who mentions doing, say, editing or cover art or whatever, mentioned in their signature or just in passing. Later, I try to remember who said it or where, and I come up blank. So if I'm ever in the market for such services (if I self-publish, for instance), then having a specific room to look through would help.

And in any event, I'd rather hire a fellow AWer for such services than some random person I've never heard of. :)