The Daily Rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and that makes it okay to feed to a horse? Poor animal's going to get sick.

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
Does she have authentic Greek goddess underwear? I guess we can just imagine that she does.

noranne

the possibilities are endless
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nora-bailey.com
I picked up my manuscript for the first time in over a week. woot. Eating delicious chocolate and ice cream as my reward. :) Also, I still love this book, so nyah!

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was a sausage too but I love that it's a corn dog.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
Wendy, is that a Lego kraken I spy in the background?? It may just be an octopus, but I have my suspicions.

And I'm currently a little put-out by Comcast. They sent an email saying there will be a preview week of certain channels. I was all excited because I thought I might get to watch more of Outlander (and the HIAK), but no. Sadly, the preview week doesn't include premium channels. Boo. :(

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
It's a corn dog.

Of course it is. Corn dogs are funnier. I hope. (For those who don't understand, my MC happened to invent the corn dog. And wears authentic Greek goddess underwear, since she is a Greek goddess. She gets a half-brother who is a talking horse. And discovers an affinity for a particular kraken... don't think I didn't notice that big octopus in the background, Wendy.)

Now is that little green bit by the fishing girl an enchanted frog, perchance?

Thanks for the laugh.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Wait, maybe what looks like two horses from the side is a very large three-headed hellhound. Ding, ding, ding!

QueenofLALALand

ignoring the odds
Registered
Reaction score
So the kiddos and I played LEGOs today...

x6kfgk.jpg

2n3gcx.jpg

This is awesome! I am highly impressed. I never managed to make anything with legos. Except for a block. I could make a mean block of legos.

I picked up my manuscript for the first time in over a week. woot. Eating delicious chocolate and ice cream as my reward. :) Also, I still love this book, so nyah!

Yay!

WendyN

8-armed cyborg tree
Registered
Reaction score
Of course it is. Corn dogs are funnier. I hope. (For those who don't understand, my MC happened to invent the corn dog. And wears authentic Greek goddess underwear, since she is a Greek goddess. She gets a half-brother who is a talking horse. And discovers an affinity for a particular kraken... don't think I didn't notice that big octopus in the background, Wendy.)

Now is that little green bit by the fishing girl an enchanted frog, perchance?

Thanks for the laugh.

Ding, ding, ding. Correct on all accounts. That's Persie's pool in the background, BTW.

Also, I discovered I don't have any LEGO pieces that look like fortune cookies.

Also, I spend way too much time playing LEGOs.

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com

That isn't possible. There is no too much time when it comes to Legos.

Though you might think so after stepping on that stray brick that got left on the floor.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Ding, ding, ding. Correct on all accounts. That's Persie's pool in the background, BTW.

Also, I discovered I don't have any LEGO pieces that look like fortune cookies.

Damn, I missed Dream Pool.

For anyone curious about Dream Tub and other aspects of the remodeling I mentioned ad nauseam, the contractors just posted professional pictures here I don't know why they say we live in Potomac. Our contracts (and all those checks we wrote) say Bethesda. The third and fourth pictures are of the upstairs hall bathroom BTW -- that isn't DT, and the lens used make the dimensions of that tub and toilet look peculiar. The detail is better if you look at all the pictures in XL.

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Wendy, Hathor, Now that I Get It, that's even more amazing.

My WIP is basically going to be unqueryable. I'm not sure if I like that or not. On one hand, I can do whatever the hell I want and it's fine. On the other, it sure makes having sent the last query on the current MS feel a lot worse.

Lonegungrrly

Registered
Reaction score
Love the Lego!

I've officially survived half way through the exclusive full request! (they want it for 2 weeks) I've been hammered the WIP this week, getting to 19k in five writing days (I'd set off some fireworks, but my wrists are aching from all the typing)

I've not heard a peep off any more queries, rejections or otherwise, in the last three days. I suppose no news is good news, right?

How's everyone else's week been on the writing/querying front?

Heathertruett

Wordy Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.madamerubies.com
Wendy, is that a Lego kraken I spy in the background?? It may just be an octopus, but I have my suspicions.
(

It's a corn dog.

Oh... you meant the OTHER kind of kraken...

Love the Lego!

I've officially survived half way through the exclusive full request! (they want it for 2 weeks) I've been hammered the WIP this week, getting to 19k in five writing days (I'd set off some fireworks, but my wrists are aching from all the typing)

Exclusives are hard. Congrats on your patience.

I got an R&R with potential yesterday, but it doesn't fit my current plans so it's on the back burner for now.

Lonegungrrly

Registered
Reaction score
I got an R&R with potential yesterday, but it doesn't fit my current plans so it's on the back burner for now.

Options are good! Contingency plans ftw. Were you one of the lucky ones getting their manuscript ripped into awesome pieces in Pitchwars?

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
If anyone's interested, Brent Taylor's info just went live at PM.

http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/brenttaylor/

I sent him a query about an hour ago and got a nice, personalized response. He said the manuscript wasn't "right for them", but I have a "pitch-perfect voice for middle grade". I wish he'd tell some other agents that! <grumblegrumble>

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
It's a corn dog.

Oh... you meant the OTHER kind of kraken...

I doubt Lego makes the other version ;) Or perhaps Hades puts up this decoration at his pool as a little private joke with the Mrs.

I couldn't help it; I just took a nap. I love to travel, but jetlag coming back always kills me if there's a new, large time-zone change. At least this morning I woke up at 2:30 in the morning, instead of 1. My brain is still mush, so I'm trying for mentally nonpaying activities for my awake (or semi-awake) periods. Time for a little walk in the sun.

I did some agent research this morning. Found one agent that seems to be begging to be called The One, even though I know I shouldn't fall in love, at least at this stage in the process.

krashnburn

I've gone to pink!
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Wendy! I'm honored I made it into your Lego day at all. And I must say, Hades is rather dashing.

Hathor--how many spices do you need, woman? *that's my kitchen-space envy talking*

gckatz

Chimaera
Registered
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thought that first picture had something to do with Theon Greyjoy?

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Wendy! I'm honored I made it into your Lego day at all. And I must say, Hades is rather dashing.

Hathor--how many spices do you need, woman? *that's my kitchen-space envy talking*

All of 'em. Plus 7 more in the pantry. We like spices and herbs :Shrug:

Before we had to stash them in different places in upper cabinets -- it would take 10 minutes sometimes to see if we needed to buy something or to find it when it was to be used. I have two boxes full of duplicate spices I discovered when moving back in because we often couldn't find things. Now they are alphabetized.

After 28 years of spice chaos, this was one of my priorities.

And yes, he does look dashing, even if it seems like he has 5 o'clock shadow. Maybe he just got back from summoning souls.

I've been meaning to ask, Wendy. What is that to the left? I thought the red thingie might be a pomegranate, but I can't tell what the table with leaves is supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.