Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Activa and Jared commercials would be on my "top ten" list as well. I believe the FTC made Activa change their older commercials because they were misleading.

There used to be one of those ED commercial with a smirking woman that was pretty annoying. "You know *giggle* when he *hee hee* wants to *smirk* be romantic."

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
AXE commercials get on my nerves, but I like the Geico squealing pig and I love the pothole commercial. (Probably because I worked with a nurse that sounded exactly like that. She could do that commercial spot on and would do nursing versions of it when the doctors asked her to do something she didn't want to do.)

Geico Pothole Commercial

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dawg, I hate those stupid swiffer commercials where the dust people jump onto the swiffer and 80s music starts playing... Baby come back....

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
There used to be one of those ED commercial with a smirking woman that was pretty annoying. "You know *giggle* when he *hee hee* wants to *smirk* be romantic."

Oh, I know the one. Grrr...obnoxious!

Someone, somewhere, must enjoy commercials like that, or they wouldn't keep the damn things on the air. Who? Who? :(

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dawg, I hate those stupid swiffer commercials where the dust people jump onto the swiffer and 80s music starts playing... Baby come back....

All that dusting commercials are a little strange. They talk about getting your house as clean as it can be with the product . . . but the person is wiping away a quarter-inch of dust or slime, so I don't think it really mattered much how clean the house was before.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
AXE commercials get on my nerves, but I like the Geico squealing pig and I love the pothole commercial. (Probably because I worked with a nurse that sounded exactly like that. She could do that commercial spot on and would do nursing versions of it when the doctors asked her to do something she didn't want to do.)

Geico Pothole Commercial

While I loathe the squealing pig (the first commercial featuring him was OK, I guess, but the later ones send me rushing for the remote), I do like many Geico commercials, including the pothole.

I get a particular kick out of the guy who has the three middle-school popular girls following him around and discussing how gross his food is. And I rather like the one where the guy tries to save money on dating sites by working his personal ad into karaoke tunes ("my sign is Sagittarius, I'm into Spanish cheese, my hairline is receding but I'm getting a weeeaaaave....")

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I know the one. Grrr...obnoxious!

Someone, somewhere, must enjoy commercials like that, or they wouldn't keep the damn things on the air. Who? Who? :(

There was an ED commercial where the guy was throwing a football through a hanging tire with great glee. Give it? Putting it in the hole!

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't mean to bring back the horror of those commercials!! But I have to say--Ac--Ti--Vi--Aaaa---drives me to the brink of insanity!! And let's not get into the Tampax, Playtex, Always commercials---'for when it's your time of the month'!!

:roll: Who the hell is happy when it's your time of the month??!!

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
There was an ED commercial where the guy was throwing a football through a hanging tire with great glee. Give it? Putting it in the hole!

Ha! An old boyfriend and I once spent some time analyzing the ED commercials that have the two people in side-by-side bathtubs -- you know the ones?

I just couldn't understand why they chose that imagery -- I couldn't think of anything less conducive to canoodling than being in two separate tubs. I mean, logistically, you'd have to climb out, and...

Anyway. He told me I was on the wrong track -- pointed out how there was always some long thing jutting out in front of the two people in tubs, and that symbolically...

Well. I decided he was right. But while the discussion rather increased my affection for the boyfriend, it made me dislike the commercials that much more.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There used to be a Wendy's commercial where people where flying around a giant greasy burger and grabbing piece of it. It sort of made me sick at the stomach. I thought maybe it was just me, but then my best friend just happened to mention that the Wendy's commercial made her sick.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"I'd just like to say a word about . . . diarrhea."

For those of you old enough to remember that one.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I must not remember the commericals I dislike, which is probably because if it's annoying, I'll mute the TV until it's over. I love the new Dos Equis commercials.

"Mosquitos...refuse to bite him...purely out of respect."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIQ0gyQxJ4A

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There used to be a Wendy's commercial where people where flying around a giant greasy burger and grabbing piece of it. It sort of made me sick at the stomach. I thought maybe it was just me, but then my best friend just happened to mention that the Wendy's commercial made her sick.

Aha! That reminds me of one I hate! The Carl's Jr. commercials with the people eating the huge gut bomb burgers and letting stuff drip down their chins then licking the paper. They make me nauseous.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score

A heartwarming bonding moment! :D

Seriously -- I get so excited when someone hates the same thing I do. I had such a moment not long ago with regard to the book Eat, Pray, Love. I loathe and detest it, and would destroy it with fire if I could. But almost every woman I know raves about it and thinks it's the best thing ever. If you say you don't love it, it's like saying you hate babies or kittens.

Then one day a friend and I were in a bookstore, and we passed a table stacked with copies of EPL. She said casually "oh, I hated that book." I practically hugged her. We went for coffee afterward and spent an hour talking about all the reasons we found it unbearable. It was So. Wonderful.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aha! That reminds me of one I hate! The Carl's Jr. commercials with the people eating the huge gut bomb burgers and letting stuff drip down their chins then licking the paper. They make me nauseous.

Wasn't there a similar scene in the movie Tom Jones where the two lovers are sitting at table eating great legs of something and having food drip all down their chins. I suppose it was suppose to be sexy. It wasn't.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score

Wasn't there a similar scene in the movie Tom Jones where the two lovers are sitting at table eating great legs of something and having food drip all down their chins. I suppose it was suppose to be sexy. It wasn't.

I hate all commercials with food all over people's faces. I don't care if it's a cute little kid with food all over her face -- it's not appetizing. It's certainly not sexy.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is there anyone who didn't want to see the Tidy Bowl man drown?

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
"I'd just like to say a word about . . . diarrhea."

For those of you old enough to remember that one.

Oh, mercy----I remember that one!! Look how far we've come!! Now we can talk about menstral protection, OBG informers who tell us what to use to not get pregnant... bunch of girls sittin around at a party talkin about the ring they stick up their... like that ever happens!! Really!!

Y'all wanna come over for a party? :D

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Is there anyone who didn't want to see the Tidy Bowl man drown?

I was trying to come up with ways to reach in the screen to facilitate the process.

FYI to toilet product manufacturers:

Just because it's cartoon bears doesn't make the idea of little pieces of toilet paper clinging to their azz less disgusting.

That woman who says "Let's get real about what happens in the bathroom" -- forget which commercial that is, but it's got to go.

All commercials talking about how some toilet papers don't get you clean enough have to go.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I bought a chokolit pie 'n it fell down on the floor :cry:s I had an eclair though. :D

I despise all commercials. :)

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hate all commercials with food all over people's faces. I don't care if it's a cute little kid with food all over her face -- it's not appetizing. It's certainly not sexy.

Like the one where the spaghetti is swatting the woman in the face, or the burrito is slapping the guy? Some antacid commercial, I think. Hate it with a passion.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I bought a chokolit pie 'n it fell down on the floor :cry:s I had an eclair though. :D

I despise all commercials. :)

*Takes off hat and hums dirge for the pie*

Eclairs? Did you say eclairs? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.