Codex Writers Online

AbbyBabble

abbybabble.blogspot.com
Registered
Reaction score
Website
abbygoldsmith.com
I spend a lot of time on this semi-private forum for "neo pro" writers, Codex. There's a ton of honesty and really great tips about publishers, agents, indie-publishing, and anything else you might want to learn about.

Since Codex is semi-private, a lot of writers feel comfortable posting personal information about their struggles with life, career, agent, etc, with the guarantee that what is said on Codex stays on Codex. It's like a writer Reality TV show. I suspect most members post more personal stuff than what goes onto a public blog or social media. And yet it's a really helpful and friendly community. It's tightly moderated, so tension rarely gets out of hand. At any given time, there are probably only 40-50 active members posting.

Variety is the spice of life. Come join when/if you're eligible!

endearing

in love with Jesus
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, I first heard about Codex when I read Enchanted by Alethea Kontis, and her corresponding bio flap. I looked it up and it sounds really cool, though I'm not a pro writer yet.

Thanks for sharing about your experience! Definitely makes me want to look into it in the future. :)

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I am curious - is Codex limited to science-fiction and fantasy writers only, or can horror and romance writers with SFF themes join?

ETA: my questions were answered by a great rep from Codex. I qualify, so I'll be joining later in the week.

Last edited: