2016 Presidential Candidates: I Wanna Be Elected!

Ladies and Gentlmen, Choose Your Contenders!

• V.P. Joe Biden (D)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Former Sec of State Hillary Clinton (D)

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • Sen. Joe Manchin (D)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gov. Martin O' Malley (D)

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Sen. Bernie Sanders (Independent)

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D)

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Former Sen. Jim Webb (D)

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Former Gov. Jeb Bush (R)

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Dr. Ben Carson (R)

• Gov. Chris Christie (R)

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sen. Ted Cruz (R)

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (R)

• Gov. Bobby Jindal (R)

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Gov. John Kasich (R)

• Sen. Rand Paul (R)

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Gov. Rick Perry (R)

• Former Gov. Mitt Romney (R)

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Sen. Marco Rubio (R)

• Rep. Paul Ryan (R)

• Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R)

• Gov. Scott Walker (R)

• Unnamed Candidate.

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, weren't the 2014 Elections fun? All the positivity, innovative ideas, clean campaigns and general good feeling that comes when Americans exercise their civil duty and go to the polls to cast their ballot for the best and brightest in candidates offered up by our peerless two-party system.

Well, we're only two years away from doing it all again and guess what? We'll be electing a Brand New President too!

Not to slight the independents sure to throw their hat in the ring, but this list of possible candidates is already long enough.

Choose one Democrat and one Republican. Or hell, choose more. This is America and we like lots of choices. That's one reason Golden Corral exists. It can't be for the food.

Last edited:

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
So many likely choices there. I'm sure quite a few will run, but at this point in the game, I'm not ready to place any wagers.

ColoradoGuy

I've seen worse.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisjohnsonmd.com
I'd like to see Zombie Ronald Reagan run. That's who most of the republicans pretend to be anyway. Might as well have the real thing.

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to see Zombie Ronald Reagan run. That's who most of the republicans pretend to be anyway. Might as well have the real thing.

He's way too liberal to get the Republican nomination today.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
I heard Reagan signed an executive order on immigration. Them's grounds for impeachment, by today's standards.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
a throwaway vote for vice president dipshit and a bump for the alice cooper reference.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
a throwaway vote for vice president dipshit and a bump for the alice cooper reference.

And here I was sure you'd be the one to give Terrible Ted and Governor Goodhair some Texas-size love. :LilLove:

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
We really have to pick one of the Republicans?

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What I like best right now is the outstanding analysis so far. It's already a new high for P&CE.

...and is this an example of said "outstanding analysis?"

Meanwhile...

Jim Webb, a veteran of Ronald Reagan's administration who served one term as a Democratic U.S. senator from Virginia, has launched a presidential exploratory committee. Late Wednesday night, Webb uploaded a 14-minute statement to YouTube, and a campaign site—Webb2016.com—went live.

“I have decided to launch an exploratory committee to examine whether I should run for president in 2016,” says Webb in the video. (A transcript is paginated on the new site.) “I made this decision after reflecting on numerous political commentaries and listening to many knowledgeable people. I look forward to listening and talking with more people in the coming months as I decide whether or not to run.”

Now it's a race! :hooray: Can't you feel the excitement? :sleepy:

Amadan

Banned
Reaction score
What I like best right now is the outstanding analysis so far. It's already a new high for P&CE.

In fairness, a poll like this is pretty much nothing but snark-fodder.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We really have to pick one of the Republicans?

Heck no! You can pick as many as you want!

Picking one now doesn't mean you have to pick one later.

I picked Carson as my Republican choice, mostly as a reminder to me that you can still be highly educated and remain an asshole.

I was thinking it but I'm happy you were the one who said it.

Well no, of course not. It's me applauding said outstanding analysis. Isn't that obvious?

I would expect nothing less from AW's foremost inteellectshukal.

In fairness, a poll like this is pretty much nothing but snark-fodder.

Snark now. One of these folks will likely be your POTUS later.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Hillary's a shoo-in. Her kissy-kissy review of war criminal Kissinger's book cements her War Hawk credentials with the military-industrial complex, and as a woman and a democrat, she can hawk away around the world without re-energizing the anti-war left, which has to be a major concern for the imperialists.

The military will get its budget restored, the neocons will get the New Order they so desperately crave, and everybody will be better off except the average person in the US or any country she decides to invade for "humanitarian" reasons.

It's pure win for anybody who matters in the world of politics today.

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hillary's a shoo-in. Her kissy-kissy review of war criminal Kissinger's book cements her War Hawk credentials with the military-industrial complex, and as a woman and a democrat, she can hawk away around the world without re-energizing the anti-war left, which has to be a major concern for the imperialists.

The military will get its budget restored, the neocons will get the New Order they so desperately crave, and everybody will be better off except the average person in the US or any country she decides to invade for "humanitarian" reasons.

It's pure win for anybody who matters in the world of politics today.

Does that mean yours wasn't the fourth vote for Rand "I've Done More for Minorities Than Anybody" Paul? :rolleyes

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I voted for most of these, I think it'll be a real fight.

I didn't vote for Biden as I was thinking he would be too old to run, but I don't really know how old he is (especially compared to Reagan), and it might be fun to have Mr. "this is a big fucking deal" in the running as well. He seems to have been a loose canon as VP, which is probably why I haven't heard anything from him in months or years.
I thought all Republicans have been "Not George Dubya Bush" for the last seven years or so.
I'm thinking of the Ramones "I Wanna Be Sedated."

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Looking into the murky fog two years forward, my knee twitches for the Repubs winding up with John Kasich. They managed to be very successful in this recent by-election by suppressing/limiting the right-wing/"Tea Party" zealots, and not having candidates like Akins/O'Donnell/Mourdock spouting absurdities for newsbytes nationwide.

Which doesn't mean they still don't have some of those people around, only that they didn't show up much this year. Which also means I don't think the Republican powerbrokers will be favorable to having an extreme right-wing social conservative firebrand as nominee. Kasich is not a dope, and is a skilled, experienced politico within the mainstream GOP structure. He runs, he becomes attractive to many.

caw

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
Looking into the murky fog two years forward, my knee twitches for the Repubs winding up with John Kasich. They managed to be very successful in this recent by-election by suppressing/limiting the right-wing/"Tea Party" zealots, and not having candidates like Akins/O'Donnell/Mourdock spouting absurdities for newsbytes nationwide.

Which doesn't mean they still don't have some of those people around, only that they didn't show up much this year. Which also means I don't think the Republican powerbrokers will be favorable to having an extreme right-wing social conservative firebrand as nominee. Kasich is not a dope, and is a skilled, experienced politico within the mainstream GOP structure. He runs, he becomes attractive to many.

caw

I'm thinking that too. Although a lot of people thought the same of Tim Pawlenty, too, and I can see Kasich just as easily ending up being the Tim Pawlenty of 2016.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Does that mean yours wasn't the fourth vote for Rand "I've Done More for Minorities Than Anybody" Paul? :rolleyes
Who needs Rand to ruin people's lives? We've got Richard Nixon II waiting in the wings. At least according to Mother Jones, Common Dreams, Slate, or just about anybody.
Common Dreams said:
If Hillary Clinton’s latest book, “Hard Choices,” was not an obvious enough sign of her presidential aspirations, then her recent Washington Post review of Henry Kissinger’s new book, “World Order,” seems to have sealed the deal. In it, Clinton builds on her already hawkish tenure as secretary of state to prove she can bang the drums of war harder than President Obama and that she can embrace a diplomatic approach so iron-fisted as to put her in the same league as a man that Christopher Hitchens called “a war criminal.”
Slate said:
Clinton also approvingly quotes a passage in Kissinger's book about “respecting national sovereignty” and “adopting participatory and democratic systems of governance.”

Biographer Walter Isaacson and former Slate contributor Christopher Hitchens are among those who have written that Kissinger leaked information about duly elected President Lyndon Johnson's Vietnam peace talks to presidential candidate Richard Nixon, who sabotaged the talks in an effort to improve his chances of winning the election. Kissinger is also infamous for advocating and planning the overthrow of democratically elected Chilean President Salvador Allende. There's also the fact that the president with whom Kissinger worked most closely—Nixon—is the only president in the 238-year history of our country to have resigned in shame after being caught urinating on the Constitution. And Clinton wants us to know that this is someone whose conception of democracy she shares!
Mother Jones said:
In the review, she calls Kissinger a "friend" and reports, "I relied on his counsel when I served as secretary of state. He checked in with me regularly, sharing astute observations about foreign leaders and sending me written reports on his travels."
She knows what Kissinger has done. She knows what Kissinger represents. There's none of that in her self-serving review.
Seems kinda silly to worry about Rand Paul, who I'm sure you're thoroughly convinced has no chance in hell of being elected, when so many people are fawning all over someone that even many on the left recognize as Richard Nixon II.

It's pretty clear who's the bigger threat to the well-being of the nation and the world, yet there are droves of people just aching for her to "lead" them.

Perception really isn't reality, it seems.

Last edited: