Hello from a newb!

Haleighm

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I have been lurking around for about a month, so I figured I should introduce myself and get involved. I'm a stay at home mom, and in my spare time I write. When I have even more time, I go on long reading binges, but that doesn't happen as much as I would like. I have already found a ton of valuable information while looking around here, and I'm excited to learn more. I hope to participate regularly and get to know some of you!

Mary_MO

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
My names Mary or you can just call me MO either one works for me. :) I want to extend the same welcome everyone here has done for me. I'm still new too, so I'm trying to still "Learning about Thick Skin"...lol I doubt that I'll ever post my work here though, but that's me.
Everyone here is really nice and very helpful. Look around say hello to the Golden Oldies at the very top of the new members board. That's were I started.
Have fun and best of luck with all your writing endeavors. :)

T Robinson

Born long ago, in a different era
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I have been lurking around for about a month, so I figured I should introduce myself and get involved. I'm a stay at home mom, and in my spare time I write.

A stay at home mom with spare time................

What a concept for a fantasy work.

Oh, welcome.

Haleighm

Registered
Reaction score
T Robinson- ha ha! It can be hard to come by, but my kids are still young enough that I can take advantage of the magical nap time.

Shrykespeare

Patron Saint of Self-Doubt
Registered
Reaction score
A thousand welcomes, Haleighm!

I will take as many new friends as I can get!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

RCtheBanditQueen

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Haleighm! I am new too. You sound kind of like me, only I'm a stay at home wife, not a mom. Unless you count me being mom to 8 chickens, 2 horses, a cat, and 11 itty bitty goats. :D I doubt they are as much of a handful as little humans though. :)

What genre(s) do you like to write/read in?

Haleighm

Registered
Reaction score
Hi RCtheBanditQueen! It sounds like you definitely have your hands full as well. I will read just about anything, but my favorites are always stories that help me discover something new about myself. I write mostly science fiction and some fantasy, but I'm trying to broaden my scope and see how I do in other genres as well. What about you?

RCtheBanditQueen

Registered
Reaction score
I will read just about anything, but my favorites are always stories that help me discover something new about myself.

I agree. I like stories that make me think. Occasionally I enjoy a story that leaves me psychologically shredded, like Jack London's "To Build A Fire", but rarely, as I don't have the stomach for much like that. :p

I mainly write Westerns (what I know best), but I've dabbled in science fiction and (I guess you'd call it) contemporary fiction to expand the horizons as well. I've dipped a toe in poetry as well, but mostly when the urge strikes to write something humorous or satirical. :p