Ladies, if you could take a pill that made your vagina smell like peaches, would you?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
You know what? This is too much for a Thursday, but it's also too... too something not to post.

So these two biotech guys got banned from Kickstarter, but still managed to get this project underway for crowdfunding through Tilt.

Two startup founders, both men, are previewing plans "for a new probiotic supplement that will enable women to change the way their vaginas smell," according to Inc. Magazine.

<snip>

Austen Heinz and Gilad Gome, who each have their own biotech startups, joined together to create Sweet Peach, which encourages the idea of biohacking to "alter the code" of our bodies.

Nitasha Tiku of Valleywag points out that there's no clear reasoning behind why vaginas were targeted for change but that "having sex organs that smell like fruit might help women better connect with their bodies, as though the way they smell pre-hacked is a malodorous barrier to body acceptance."

because

The pleasant scent is there "to connect you to yourself in a better way,"

That's very kind of them, but how am I now going to fix my brain, which they just broke?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Are they going to follow up with a new probiotic that will cure their ignorant, misogynistic, douchebagness.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Allman Brothers Band made an album entitled "Eat a Peach."

Backs slowly out the door...:gone:

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely.

Related, I read that fenugreek makes you smell like maple syrup (everywhere, not just there). I think it's just some kind of weed cows eat or something, but they sell it in capsules. So I gobbled it up for a couple of days and omg, I smelled luscious.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
The article says that their next project is to make dogshit smell like bananas, but I have to say that their priority list makes me a little sad.

Bad Smells To Fix:

1) vaginas

2) dogshit

I wonder where skunks fit in. Is it before or after ballsweat?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I'm wondering what it would do to the sales of actual peaches and bananas.

I've got the giggles so damned bad over this. I'm a mess and I've got stuff to do! Dammit!

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Where is the poll?

Also, it would not be an improvement, so, no.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
You know...this is kind of crazy. I wouldn't do it, and I'm offended that this initiative is coming from two men.

BUT.

I can understand why a woman may wish to change her...scent...if possible without injury to the rest of her body and/or insides. My emotionally-abusive ex-husband used to wrinkle his nose if I asked him for some oral action. He said it made him gag.

This made me so self-conscious that it took some time for me to feel comfortable with my current husband, and he spent hours trying to convince me how much he enjoyed pleasuring me that way. (Hours I very much enjoyed, I must say.)

So my point is...sometimes men can make a woman very self-conscious...to the point of thinking that changing her scent would be a good idea. 10 years ago, it may have been something I considered. I guess it's no different than society making women feel like we should all be 5'8", 105lbs, with big boobs and long legs. (Okay, I don't think most women think that way, but you know what I'm saying.)

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
o7onz6.png

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi
Definitely.

Related, I read that fenugreek makes you smell like maple syrup (everywhere, not just there). I think it's just some kind of weed cows eat or something, but they sell it in capsules. So I gobbled it up for a couple of days and omg, I smelled luscious.

Given your name here, I'd imagine you're all for it. :)

Reaction score
In a similar case, I knew a woman who claimed she could tell what a man ate a lot by the taste of his bodily fluid. She said coffee made it bitter but strawberries really left a pleasant taste.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
In a similar case, I knew a woman who claimed she could tell what a man ate a lot by the taste of his bodily fluid. She said coffee made it bitter but strawberries really left a pleasant taste.

I don't know about all that, but I do know that my husband tastes horrible if we have asparagus with dinner.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
So my point is...sometimes men can make a woman very self-conscious...to the point of thinking that changing her scent would be a good idea. 10 years ago, it may have been something I considered. I guess it's no different than society making women feel like we should all be 5'8", 105lbs, with big boobs and long legs. (Okay, I don't think most women think that way, but you know what I'm saying.)

First off, I think most women probably do feel like they should be 5' 8", 105lbs, with big boobs and long legs. Except for 105 being a little too thin for my liking and medium-sized boobs would be more my speed, I would like to be all of those things and 25 years old, too. It's the bolded and highlighted focus on the aching gulf between the wishing and the what-is that causes so much pain.

I doubt that these biotech guys set out consciously to dial-up the broadcast of you're-not-good-enough. I think it's likely they Weird Science high-fived each other enthusiastically without a second thought to the subtext, but it's a lousy one.

Last edited:

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
First off, I think most women probably do feel like they should be 5' 8", 105lbs, with big boobs and long legs. Except for 105 being a little too thin for my liking and medium-sized boobs would be more my speed, I would like to be all of those things and 25 years old, too. It's the bolded and highlighted focus on the aching gulf between the wishing and the what-is that causes so much pain.

Maybe you're right...but that's sad. I guess I used to feel that way...minus the 5'8 part since that couldn't ever happen. Took me years to feel comfortable in my own skin. It's sad. God I pray my daughter doesn't ever feel inadequate.

I doubt that these biotech guys set out consciously to dial-up the broadcast of you're-not-good-enough. I think it's likely they Weird Science high-fived each other enthusiastically without a second thought to the subtext, but it's a lousy one.

I don't think that's what I was trying to say. I wasn't lumping them in the same category as my ex. I think I was just trying to make the point that women WILL buy this if it becomes available. Not all, but enough. Women buy hair dyes and highlights, makeup and padded bras, high heels and girdles. Women that can afford to get boob jobs or face lifts or Botox do.

I don't think this pill would be any different.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Um, no.

I'd actually be worried that it would throw off the pH balance and make me more susceptible to infections and such.

And I have no desire to smell like peaches.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I don't think that's what I was trying to say. I wasn't lumping them in the same category as my ex. I think I was just trying to make the point that women WILL buy this if it becomes available. Not all, but enough. Women buy hair dyes and highlights, makeup and padded bras, high heels and girdles. Women that can afford to get boob jobs or face lifts or Botox do.

I don't think this pill would be any different.

No! I was agreeing with you in that they were in at least a sidecar category to your ex, only without the overt hatefulness.

(And I could certainly be wrong about that. They may be cruel little shits.)

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
The article says that their next project is to make dogshit smell like bananas, but I have to say that their priority list makes me a little sad.

Bad Smells To Fix:

1) vaginas

2) dogshit

I wonder where skunks fit in. Is it before or after ballsweat?

Nah, skip ballsweat. Fermunda cheese.

StarWombat

Burrowing Mammal Par-Excellence
Registered
Reaction score
I... literally don't understand. Maybe I'm odd? But this doesn't make any sense to me as something that either a man or a woman would want. What's the benefit? Is this just some sort of 'we can do this, so why don't we do this'?

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
No! I was agreeing with you in that they were in at least a sidecar category to your ex, only without the overt hatefulness.

(And I could certainly be wrong about that. They may be cruel little shits.)

I wasn't sure...LOL We're good. :)