Not new but back for the first time in a while

BrianJamesFreeman

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.BrianJamesFreeman.com
Hey everyone!

I'm not exactly new here -- I lurked for a long time before I registered and then posted for a while before work and life devoured my free posting time :) -- but I thought I'd say hi and check whether some of my old favorite threads are still here. Off to search now...!

Brian

Last edited:

Shrykespeare

Patron Saint of Self-Doubt
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Brian.

Damn, those are some cool-looking book covers! May have to check them out!

BrianJamesFreeman

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Welcome, Brian.

Damn, those are some cool-looking book covers! May have to check them out!

Thanks! Several of them feature artwork by Vincent Chong or Tomislav Tikulin, who are great to work with. The Random House one came from someone in their art department, of course. Covers for anthologies can be so tough sometimes, but I think they did a great job. It's probably easier when you have names like Stephen King and Kelley Armstrong to splash across the front. ;)

Brian

Shrykespeare

Patron Saint of Self-Doubt
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! Several of them feature artwork by Vincent Chong or Tomislav Tikulin, who are great to work with. The Random House one came from someone in their art department, of course. Covers for anthologies can be so tough sometimes, but I think they did a great job. It's probably easier when you have names like Stephen King and Kelley Armstrong to splash across the front. ;)

Brian

Well, duh.

I love working with the artist who is doing the cover for my book. Her name is Glenda Rankin. We still have some details to iron out, but I'm exceptionally pleased with her work so far.

BrianJamesFreeman

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Well, duh.

I love working with the artist who is doing the cover for my book. Her name is Glenda Rankin. We still have some details to iron out, but I'm exceptionally pleased with her work so far.

It's always nice when you find a cover artist you click with! These days I have 10 or 12 I consider my "go to" artists that I can trust to do the work without any worry and it's a good feeling. I also have another dozen or so who are amazing artists and completely unreliable, which is a less good feeling, of course. ;)

Brian

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back