Hello!

DallasWorth

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I'm an ace 17 year old snarky American with a penchant for dark and dry humor. I'm also about the single cuddliest demonic nerd queen you're going to meet. I try not to bite but sometimes it's very hard to resist the urge. I've been writing for four years now, lots of YA fantasy, sci-fi, and that one little bit of WB that of course is the one thing people read. I'm currently working on several novels but my favorite is a dark piece of modern fantasy that's going to be a four or five book affair that has completely changed since I started writing it. Nothing published, but I'm pretty devoted to what I've got.

So I'm rather certain I did that right! Hello to all you lovely people and please, have a piece of cake. :Cake:

T Robinson

Born long ago, in a different era
Registered
Reaction score
You may as well go straight to P&CE. You'll fit right in. Enjoy yourself.

RobLineberger

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, good, I was wondering where the cake had gotten to.

What is WB? glad people are reading it.

I won't cuddle you cause I'm 40, but welcome anyway and have a great time here.

DallasWorth

Registered
Reaction score
I'll definitely run and look at the P&CE thread then!

I'd be careful though... if you're losing your cake it might have lint on it... among other things

WB is Writers Block. When I have WB I've found out that the best way to get rid of it (for me) is to sit down and write through it on whatever the most random thing that comes into my head is. Sometimes it's good, most times it's so awful I'm embarrased I wrote it. In this case it's an awful little thing I posted on an rp site called "Dear Diary, I Murdered My Best Friend" featuring a character whose stupidity and shallowness annoyed me immensely. It made my writer's block go away, which was the point. It also got me over a hundred readers begging me to do more of the story I hated. Gave me a good outlet for low quality writing though, so with the good comes the bad.

Yeah, I'd be worried if you did. Thanks!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

DallasWorth

Registered
Reaction score
@All Thanks for the welcome! You people are so nice!

@regdog Thank you! I actually read those while I was waiting to be accepted. They were super helpful!
It'll probably take me months to get there considering how shy I get about posting in other people's threads and that I'd prefer give a little confirmation that I'm someone worth taking writing advice from before critiquing other people's work.

@ Shrykespeare Thanks so much for the interest for the interest! It's going to go up as Nightmare or The Dreameater Cycle so if you see it once it's up feel free to give a critique!

Callegro

Registered
Reaction score
Hi welcome!

I love your posts, so I am going to have to keep an eye out for your work!

oliverwendell

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow Newbie! I wish I'd started writing when I was as young as you -- good on you!

DallasWorth

Registered
Reaction score
@Callegro Thank you!!

I'm glad you like them! I'll certainly keep an eye out for yours as well if you post anything!

@Fourteenwords Welcome to you too! I'm sure starting a bit later has it's merits as well though.

DanaeMcB

Curious turtle
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! You could share your impressions as a reader in the critiquing forums, even if you don't feel confident talking about "craft" or giving advice. (I say that as a newbie. I assume no one would mind that sort of feedback!)