Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Welcome, David! We love young writers here. :) I do have a couple of things I try to go out of my way to make sure our teen members know, though, if you'll bear with me for just a moment:

[Standard welcome boilerplate for minors follows]

Welcome to AbsoluteWrite! We strive to be a environment that's appropriate for all of our members, but occasionally there are conversations/images/discussions/subject matter around the forums that make it an environment unsuitable for children. This is why we require a minimum age of thirteen, to register. (Well, that, and a Federal Law.)

Please remember that AbsoluteWrite is essentially a small city, and while we make every attempt to make sure that the conversations here are courteous and accurate, we can in no way ensure the purity of every member's motives. If anyone here does or says anything -- either in public, or via rep-comment or private message -- that worries you or makes you uncomfortable, please PM me (or any of the mods you feel comfortable talking to) immediately.

We definitely cannot account for the motives of anyone and everyone who follows these boards without being registered or logged in. Be safe.

Please consider NOT showing your birth year in your profile, and perhaps NOT using actual photographs of yourself in your profile or as an avatar. Strangers on the internet do not actually NEED to know that you're not old enough to order a drink, unless they're the stranger who owns the forum you've just registered for. ;-)

With that said, Welcome! Best of luck, here, and write hard!

Last edited:

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I just noticed you live in Canada, Kidwriter. Now that you're starting a business selling books, I know you'll want to do everything necessary to follow the rules. (My day job is in law, so I tend to be a stickler for the rules. ;) )

Since the internet sells across borders, you might want to consider registering a copyright in both Canada and the U.S. You can find out how by reading up on copyright rules online. Here's a link to Canada's Copyright Act and a very helpful Frequently Asked Questions site for U.S. Copyright rules. I couldn't find a similar FAQ link for the Canada site, but the U.S. site will be handy for learning about terminology, like copyright, subsidiary rights, derivative rights, and some of the myths about publishing that aren't true. It's something all of us have to learn and there's no better time than now to start. :)