Greetings From Hot-as-Hell Brazil!

Blackbird26

Just a bird
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bbnest.wordpress.com
Well, hello there. :)

I'm a female, born and raised Brazilian, 25 years old (although that number will change come July) and I'm a writer. I've always been a writer, even before I knew how to write. Stories have always been a part of my personality, so much that looking back I feel stupid for how long it took me to take this seriously.

I like to say I write to appease the voices. My characters are much like real people to me. Now, that doesn't mean I'll get super defensive and weird if someone doesn't seem to think they're the most wonderful and precious fictional people ever created... It just means that I treat them as individuals and will often argue with them in my head like a crazy person. Whether I want to write them or not, they don't seem willing to ever shut up, so you know... might as well.

I occasionally venture in other areas, but what I love to write the most is medieval fantasy. That's the genre of novel I'm currently writing and the environment most of my voices come from. I also like stories with a darker twist, with a 'there's no happy ending to this' feel. Love is pain, life is pain, revenge is pain, but pain is how the human soul evolves in some ways, soo... The voices resent me, but they eventually find it in their wounded little hearts the ways to forgive me.

I'm here because my experience in the past few years has shown me that writers are the best people in the universe, which let me to want to hang around more places where writers meet. I've been eyeing these here message boards for a while, but only recently have I decided to register and maybe provide some critiquing and beta reading since I will be needing it from others fairly soon. It's always important to give a little for what you get (or hope to get in the future), I say.

Anyways... I've already rambled on for way too long in my opinion, so yeah... I'm just gonna... :gone:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Blackbird26

Just a bird
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bbnest.wordpress.com
regdog: Hello! I'll be sure to check those out asap.

Welcome! I envy the heat you have. Here in Colorado, it's pretty cold.

Thank you! :)

Yeah, the grass is always greener (or in this case kinda dry and brown-ish)... I always envy my RP buddy who lives in Canada right about this time of year too.

Shrykespeare

Patron Saint of Self-Doubt
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Blackbird!

I live in Arizona, and know ALL ABOUT the heat. Just glad it's January right now.

I write YA fiction. Would love to hear more about your work!

Blackbird26

Just a bird
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bbnest.wordpress.com
Welcome, Blackbird!

I live in Arizona, and know ALL ABOUT the heat. Just glad it's January right now.

I write YA fiction. Would love to hear more about your work!

Thank you for the welcome.

While I'm not allowed to post my work for critique just yet, my blog is a good place to visit the voices if you're truly interested. My latest post coincidentally is a bit a of a ramble about my WIP novel. *points at the signature linky*

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with YA, I'll admit. I don't like just any book in the genre, but when I do find one my mind goes all "TOO SHORT. NEED MORE NOW."

In fact I finished one just yesterday I wish was about 500 pages longer.

I've already gone through your signature links by the way (I like to click things... and read t-shirts), but if you have things posted here you might want to refer me to, you're more than welcome to do so. I would quite enjoy that. :D

Brutal Mustang

Loves interplanetary chaos.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, the grass is always greener (or in this case kinda dry and brown-ish)... I always envy my RP buddy who lives in Canada right about this time of year too.

Ain't that the truth! I used to live in Costa Rica when I was a kid. Never got hot, never got cold.

Shrykespeare

Patron Saint of Self-Doubt
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome.

While I'm not allowed to post my work for critique just yet, my blog is a good place to visit the voices if you're truly interested. My latest post coincidentally is a bit a of a ramble about my WIP novel. *points at the signature linky*

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with YA, I'll admit. I don't like just any book in the genre, but when I do find one my mind goes all "TOO SHORT. NEED MORE NOW."

In fact I finished one just yesterday I wish was about 500 pages longer.

I've already gone through your signature links by the way (I like to click things... and read t-shirts), but if you have things posted here you might want to refer me to, you're more than welcome to do so. I would quite enjoy that. :D

Wow, so much attention!

I did post an excerpt from my book in the SYW thread some time ago, but it underwent some changes before I published. If you've clicked on the Amazon link, maybe you've read the excerpt from the book, as many people often do. If you've watched the video review, then you know basically what the book is about.

If you are interested in reading the rest of it, let me know. I am trying to amass as many reviews as I can.... if you think something as un-fantastical as my story qualifies for your blog, of course.

Checked out your blog. I like it, despite it being as un-me as it gets, if that makes sense. But sometimes you need polar opposites in your life, I've found, just to keep you grounded.

Blackbird26

Just a bird
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bbnest.wordpress.com
Wow, so much attention!

I did post an excerpt from my book in the SYW thread some time ago, but it underwent some changes before I published. If you've clicked on the Amazon link, maybe you've read the excerpt from the book, as many people often do. If you've watched the video review, then you know basically what the book is about.

If you are interested in reading the rest of it, let me know. I am trying to amass as many reviews as I can.... if you think something as un-fantastical as my story qualifies for your blog, of course.

Checked out your blog. I like it, despite it being as un-me as it gets, if that makes sense. But sometimes you need polar opposites in your life, I've found, just to keep you grounded.

Ah yes, I sent a sample to my kindle app, but I have not opened it yet. I'm in the middle of writing something at the moment I want finished by tonight (it probably won't be because I keep interrupting myself, but I want to say I tried). I did watch the video and I was able to grasp what the book is about, although the reviewer spoke awfully fast and I might not have understood everything she said without the aid of subtitles.

If by un-fantastical you mean that it's not similar to the type of stuff I write, you don't have to worry about that. I like to keep one foot firmly planted in my little medieval bubble for good measure, but I read wide and the people who follow my blog don't expect all my posts to be about my own kind of stuff; those posts are actually not as frequent as they probably should be.

In fact the review I have posted so far was for a book that was as un-me as it could possibly get. The YA novel I'm yet to review is not too far in the un-me spectrum; although quite the fantastical book. So I would be glad to read and review yours if you want me to.

Either way I'm going to read that sample. :D

PM me or send me an email (found under the 'find me on' or 'contact the bird' on the blog) maybe?

annapalooza

Learning about time management
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I do not envy your warm weather living, I can't handle the heat at all. I turn into a miserably complain-y puddle of goo. It would be embarrassing if I wasn't too busy going "Auuuuuuugggggghhhh"
Congrats on making the decision to get serious about your writing! I've tried to make that decision...a few times. But I'm really totally gonna do it this time...probably. We'll see. :D

Blackbird26

Just a bird
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bbnest.wordpress.com
Welcome! I do not envy your warm weather living, I can't handle the heat at all. I turn into a miserably complain-y puddle of goo. It would be embarrassing if I wasn't too busy going "Auuuuuuugggggghhhh"
Congrats on making the decision to get serious about your writing! I've tried to make that decision...a few times. But I'm really totally gonna do it this time...probably. We'll see. :D

Thanks for the welcome. :D

A complain-y puddle of goo is a good way to describe me this time of year. Can't wait for Summer to be over.