tumblr_llxitahskz1qzb9z6o1_500.jpg

Her best friend/ Love Interest Hannah (16):
tumblr_lpk4dydQVV1qbhrnxo1_500.jpg

Detective Jacob Chase:
tumblr_lpjbd29z6E1qlp6s3o1_500.png

AmyJay

Registered
Reaction score
No idea who this guy is, but he is the spitting image of my story's antagonist, Michael, right down to the haughty stare:

chris1b.jpg

I haven't yet come across any pictures that look like how I imagine my main characters. But that's because I have such specific images in my head and I'm super picky.

JeanniGrace

Word Nerd
Registered
Reaction score
FredXGeorge, love your cast!

So far I can only find a few of my characters, and only one of my main main characters.

Laura Leighton as Lyssa Beth the mom of my main character Dip, she's the queen of the Light and Dark Courts of Faerie. She's also blonde but Laura Leighton was just too perfect to pass her up for hair color.
Laura_Leighton_main.jpg

Scarlett Pomers as Keelin, best friend and personal bodyguard to Dip.
x10892.jpg.pagespeed.ic.K3BA7Lou51.jpg

Liv Tyler as Kayla, Duchess of the Changelings and Dip's cousin.
liv_tyler_641697571.jpg

Elle Fanning as Alli, Dip's younger sister.
87174353_rpfY4283_c.jpg

My main character, Dip (short for Serendipity) is difficult to cast because I can see her so well in my head. Imagine a female celtic warrior from two thousand years ago, but brunette with blazing blue eyes. Now put her in a private school uniform and wedges, and that's Dip. Anyone have any suggestions? She's 17.
Or for Danny, her boyfriend. He's 18, a mechanic, and human. He's gotta be able to be both charming guy next door and kick-ass. Kinda like Jared Padalecki but younger and with curly black hair.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Alexandra+Daddario+KzFeMgTaFSbm.jpg

Alex daddario has these crazy blue eyes and she's a brunette, but maybe her face shape isn't what you're looking for

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Does this have to be YA? This is a cool thread and I know who I would want to play my characters, but my books aren't YA.

Mharvey

Liker Of Happy Things
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I gotta find a way to cast the MC of Raven's Wing... but I just can't find a picture of a blond 17 year old guy dressed like Mal from Firefly, holding two pistols. I just can't see *anyone* looking like him until they have the props. Might have to tap out on this one.

Chris P

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cool! Story of Paper Thin: A paper company hires Eric Sarobbin, a business wonder boy who puts the company on top but who has a taste for the teens and adolescents in the company's summer youth work program. Jimmy, the narrator, and Phil, the company president, must make use of political favors, bribery, blackmail, and maybe even worse to keep the scandal out of the newspapers.

Starring:

Colin Firth as Jimmy Osgood, the narrator and CFO of the corporation. I wanted someone who looks distinguished but who is ordinary enough to blend in.

colin-firth.jpg

Edward Norton as Eric Sarobbin, the wonder boy. I need someone of age to be a business executive, but young enough and young-acting enough to be appealing to his teen victims

edward_norton_actor-4300.jpg

And George Clooney as Phil Ruddick, the hard-driving and incredibly well-connected president and CEO of the Ruddick-Rayburn Paper company.

george_clooney.jpg

He's come a long way from Return of the Killer Tomatoes, huh?

clooney85.jpg

Last edited:

Chris P

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I gotta find a way to cast the MC of Raven's Wing... but I just can't find a picture of a blond 17 year old guy dressed like Mal from Firefly, holding two pistols. I just can't see *anyone* looking like him until they have the props. Might have to tap out on this one.

I see Photoshop in your future.

Chris P

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
HA... now there's an idea.

There's a free program called Gnu Image Manipulation Program, or GIMP, which is quite funny if you know British slang. It's supposed to do everything Photoshop does, but I've found it very difficult to use (but some people swear by it).

Chris P

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I need someone to play my reporter who's snooping around the case.

Female, black hair, mid 20s. I picture her dark-complected Caucasian, but mixed race Asian or African, or full-blooded Mideastern descent will work. Must look good in Buddy Holly glasses.

Any suggestions?

mickeyDs4

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.disneygeekwriter.blogspot.com
Full Cast of "Ghosts in the Piano" the companion to "A Ghost of You"

"I was six years old when my sister died." This is the story of Alexandra "Lexie" Porter, the baby sister of Ithaca from my book A Ghost of You. Set in New York City, Lexie's life revolves around three things: Her family, piano and Jonathan Larson High School for the Arts. A gifted pianist, Lexie auditions for one of three piano spots against Greg Paulson. Her best friend Pepper Leigh Stavros is also auditioning but for dance. Pepper Leigh is a brilliant ballerina.

The Porters

Lexie%2BPorter.jpg

Victoria Justice as Alexandra "Lexie" Amanda Porter: 16 going on 17; daughter of Max and Lauren; goddaughter of Tricky and Jett; best friends with Pepper Leigh; a gifted pianist; is the straight man to Pepper Leigh's dramatics; the only of her sisters to take to music; falls for Greg Paulson, fellow pianist at school; wants to play piano for the New York Philharmonic; birthday November 23rd, 2010

Max%2BPorter.jpg

Eric Bana as Max Andrew Porter: 58; father of Ithaca and Lexie; step-father of Ada and Memory; husband to Lauren been married for 17 years but together for 27; best friends with Tricky and Jett; father-in law to Fitz Hamilton; godfather of Pepper Leigh; a retired musician; birthday October 19th, 1968

Lauren%2BStewart%2BPorter.jpg

Rachel McAdams as Lauren Julia Stewart-Porter: 55; mother of Ada, Memory and Lexie; step-mother of Ithaca Porter; godmother of Pepper Leigh; been with husband Max for 27 years, married 17; best friends with Arcadia Arvine; founder of the Mothers of HIV foundation, a group who supports the research to find a cure for HIV/AIDS; birthday February 22nd, 1972

Ithaca%2BPorter.jpg

Emily Osment as Ithaca Vianne Porter-Hamilton: deceased; biological daughter of Stacey Mark; daughter of Max and Lauren Porter; sister to Lexie and Memory; wife of Fitz; goddaughter of Tricky and Jett; aunt to Pepper Leigh; died when she was 25 from complications due to progressing AIDS; is mentioned often by family and friends; birthday March 23rd, 1991, died July 19th, 2016

Fitz%2BHamilton%2Bolder.jpg

Josh Lucas as Dr. Fitznathan “Fitz” Hamilton: 40; son-in-law of Max and Lauren Porter; was married to Ithaca before her death; is HIV-positive; moves back to New York after his wife died to be closer to her family; is a pediatrician specializing in HIV/AIDS; birthday August 31st, 1987

Fit%2BHamilton%2Byounger.jpg

Scott Michael Foster as Fitznathan Hamilton: In photos and flashbacks

Memory%2BStewart.jpg

Katie Leung as Memory Kelsey Stewart: 30; adopted daughter of Lauren Porter; is currently in law school at Columbia University; best friends with Hadley Arvine; blind since birth, has Seeing-Eye Dogs always German Shepherd with tough suerhero sounding names; birthday August 4th, 2002

Ada%2BStewart.jpg

Adair Tishla as Ada Nichelle Stewart: deceased; daughter of Lauren; step-daughter of Max; was best friends with Ithaca; died on May 6th, 2002, two days after her eleventh birthday after battle with HIV; is remembered fondly by members of the family; birthday May 4th, 1991, died May 6th, 2002

The Stavros-Howards

Pepper%2BLeigh%2BStavros.jpg

Halle Steinfeld as Pepper Leigh Stavros: 16; daughter to Philip “Tricky” Howard and Jethro “Jett” Stavros; niece of Ithaca Porter; goddaughter to Max and Lauren Porter; best friends with Lexie Porter; attends J. Larson High School for the Arts; plans to audition for Julliard; wants to be a principal ballerina in the American Ballet Theatre; falls for her pas des deux partner JD; birthday April 19th, 2010​

Jett%2BStavros.bmp

Ben Affleck as Jethro “Jett” Malachi Stavros: 64; father of Pepper Leigh; partner to Tricky; been together 47 years, were legally married in July 26th, 2011 two days after the equal marriage bill was passed in New York; godfather of Ithaca Porter and Donny Arvine; owner and founder of Tricky Stavros Designs; is a respected member of the fashion community; lectures at Parson’s and at J. Larson High School for the Arts; birthday December 12th, 1962​

Tricky%2BHoward.jpg

Johnny Depp as Philip “Tricky” Xavier Howard III: 65; father of Penny Leigh; husband to Jett; been together 47 years, were legally married on July 26th, 2011, two days after the equal marriage bill passed in New York; godfather to Ithaca Porter and Hadley Arvine; a retired magician; teaches showmanship and magic at J. Larson High School for the Arts; birthday July 10th, 1962​

Friends & Teachers & Classmates

Albert%2BArvine.jpg

Eddie Cahill as Albert Arvine: 60; retired detective in the NYPD; fahter of Hadley Arvine; married to Arcadia; life long family friend of Max, Lauren, Tricky and Jett​

Arcadia%2BArvine.jpg

Lisa Edelstein as Arcadia Arvine: 58; retired detective in the NYPD; mother of Hadley Arvine; married to Albert; life long family friend of Max, Lauren, Tricky and Jett​

Hadley%2BArvine.jpg

Romola Gari as Hadley Renee Arvine: 26; daughter of Albert and Arcadia Arvine; twin sister to Donald “Donny”; goddaughter to Philip “Tricky” Howard; best friends with Memory Stewart; attends Sarah Lawrence and is a pre-med student’ birthday June 12th, 2006​

Greg%2BPaulson.jpg

Sean Berdy as Gregory "Greg" Marcus Paulson: 17; a deaf pianist at J. Larson High; quiet and shy; keeps to himself; takes Tricky’s showmanship class; falls for Lexie​

Angela%2BPaulson.jpg

Heather Whitestone (Miss America, 1995) as Angela Claire Paulson: 43; Greg’s mother; is deaf but speaks and has the cochlear implant in her right ear; Birthday February 24th, 1983​

Tony%2BPaulson.jpg

Ty Giordano as Anthony “Tony” Forbes Paulson: 46; Greg’s father; is deaf but speaks well; is a highly respected business owner in Manhattan; Birthday March 16th, 1980​

Josiah%2BDewey.jpg

Austin Butler as Josiah "JD" Handler Dewey: 17; dancer at J. Larson High School; partners with Pepper Leigh; falls for Penny Leigh​

Chloe%2Band%2BMariah%2BPerkins.png

Rebecca and Camilla Rosso as Mariah Emily and Chloe Melissa Perkins: 16; the “mean girls” of Larson; Birthday May 5th, 2010​

Nicholas%2BWexler.jpg

Ben Barnes as Gavin Michael Olson: 30; Greg's interpreter; is gay​

Melinda%2BNorman.jpg

Calista Flockhart as Melinda Norman: 42; Director of Jonathan Larson High School for the Arts; remembers Ithaca fondly​

James%2BReese.jpg

Matthew Perry as James Reese: James Reese: 40; piano teacher at Larson; loves Lexie and Greg​

Ryan%2BSlater.jpg

Sascha Radetsky as Ryan Slater: 36; ballet teacher at Larson​

Claire%2BBailey.jpg

Charlize Theron as Claire Paula Bailey: 36; Max’s assistant at Ada Records; is accused of having an affair with him; Birthday March 10th, 1990​

Stacey%2BTyler.jpg

Jessica Capshaw as Stacey Lianne Mark-Tyler: 54; Ithaca’s biological mother; former cocaine and heroin addict; asymptomatic with HIV for years, gave the disease to daughter Ithaca; has been an absent figure for most of her daughter’s life; works for/dates Beckett Tyler, a soap star; is only seen at Ithaca's funeral; birthday January 12th, 1972​

Beckett%2BTyler.jpg

Jason Lewis as Beckett Tyler: 62; Ithaca's step-father; married to Stacey Mark; is a guest lecturer at Larson for the acting class; Birthday October 10th, 1964​

DrunkenLilacs

Growing tipsier as we speak
Registered
Reaction score
Characters trying to survive the hurricane of revisions:

Her hair
l.jpg

with her face
2.jpg
Female MC: Nothing (No) Seventeen.

031.jpg

Male MC: Everything (Ev) Sixteen.​

It's told in both their POV's, and they remain nameless throughout the entire book.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad someone brought this back up because I found the most perfect girl ever for my WIP. I have her as Zoe Kravitz above, but Zoe has a sort of jaded look to her. Alex isn't jaded. She's very curious and naive. I picture her as kind of plain looking.

Basically like this, but one of her eyes is a different color. But still, even the look in her eyes is perfect:

tumblr_lqkovn02bA1qhk4un.jpg

Archie1989

Is Published!!!
Registered
Reaction score
It pains me to say it, but Lindsey Lohan is a ringer for my MC, Amber. She's a pain-in-the-ass redhead with a huge attitude and a list of vices a mile long.

lindsay-lohan-bazaar-6-de-45971414.jpg

GFanthome

At the computer, opening a vein
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Don't know why, but I thought I was the only one who had fun with this sort of imagining.

Main character Catherine is petite and attractive with long, dark brown hair. Actress playing her would have a shy, engaging smile. I'd like to think that if the character was cast for a movie, the actress would be some unknown newcomer and this role would be her big break.

For her love interest Adam, I've always pictured him looking something like Zak Efron, but with shoulder-length, 70s hair. Thing is, by the time my novel makes it to that point, Zak will probably be too old to play the part - LOL!

Last edited:

DrunkenLilacs

Growing tipsier as we speak
Registered
Reaction score
i know i post here a lot hehehehe. but this is for my current wip, tentatively called WHAT WINTER LEFT US.

MC Falon (Elizabeth Olsen), seventeen:
hail7.jpg
falon.jpg

Charlie (Keegan Allen), eighteen
charlie2.jpg

Nancy (Chloe Moretz), thirteen
nancy.jpg

Last edited:

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
so for my current project, working title Peep:

Protagonist: Christian Callaway (17)
His physical appearance is why he doesn't get a lot of flack for being a complete creep/asshole/freak. He's a hardcore misogynist, generally angry and occasionally violent. He'll be fairly insane by the end of the story

tumblr_lr25xgvBdT1qfdfmlo1_500.jpg

The Girl Next Door: Eliza (17)
The girl Christian stalks. Her characterization is tough because she's actually really nice, but she'll be vilified because it's in first person. Trying to not make her too much of a stereotype, but she won't be as complex as she can be because of the unreliable narrator. She begins the story as barbie blonde but later chops off her hair and dyes it dark brown.

tumblr_lrfi4l0gv61qenmjco1_500.jpg

Mharvey

Liker Of Happy Things
Registered
Reaction score
Here's the primary cast for The Other, the sequel to Noxbringer.

Kodi+Smit+McPhee+Australians+Film+2011+Breakthrough+jQL4IDNQZbFl.jpg

Parker Conlin (Kodi Smit-McPhee), Main Character.

Having recently making a miraculous recovery from a car accident, Parker has returned to his life and found everything has changed. Incapable of laughing for feeling pleasure while awake, the only solace he can find is in his dreams, where he meets a girl who makes him feel like he used to. Each day, he finds himself getting weaker and weaker - he decides the only way to save himself is to find the literal girl of his dreams and learn about a part of himself that has been locked away since his accident.

Adrian+Kali+Turner+Bad+Teacher+New+York+Premiere+uRkX9BcTNRyl.jpg

Benjamin Marris (Adrian Kali Turner), Supporting Character. The only major recurring character from Noxbringer, this young magi has become Parker's friend in order to keep an eye on him and protect him, as a favor to the girl who risked her life to save them both.

paul-blackthorne.jpg

Anton Walsh (Paul Blackthorne), Supporting Character. A former magi Severed from his power, Anton has taken it upon himself to watch out for Parker, needing to understand what it was about him that made the Noxbringer nearly give up all her power to save him. He works as a team with Benjamin, who becomes Parker's friend, while Anton himself takes on the role of a guidance councilor and confidant.

Lance_Reddick_06.jpg

Father Dallas Jattik (Lance Reddick), Antagonist. A Templar of the Divine Imperium, his mission on Earth has been to find the one who has been 'touched by the Aether'. When he learns of the magic used to bring Parker back from his coma, he believes his mission is almost over. The Imperium believes the soul of an Aetherborn is the final reagent needed to open a conduit to their God, allowing an avatar of Him to appear in the real world and lead them to victory over their enemies.

Last edited: