Casting Your Novel

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
I hope all these young guys I'm lusting over are of age!! Nothing like being a cougar/pedofile!!!

Thanks :) This was fun!!! It made me think really quickly of a little synopsis to put on the site LOL I haven't even gotten as far as thinking of writing one or a query for my MS (TDC) SO yeah this was a great little think on your toes exercise for me LOL So now at least I know where I kinda wanna start with my query :)

Here's another good pic of the guy I chose as Colin ( I knew you'd like this one Pixy) LOL
robert_hoffman.jpg

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Leah Michelle,

Your character descriptions sound really cool...want to read the book!!!

Ah, this thread is fun.
Here is my list. Some of these are just people that would fit the appearance, but I'm not sure if they would work. Others would be perfect in my roles! The Jaded Portal is being edited at the moment, but it is a YA Urban Fantasy involving underground societies and portals that grant magical abilities.
Sounds lame, I know :tongue , but it has several twists.

Neira Collins (Emma Roberts): Neira is a bad-tempered, cynical, seventeen-year-old gifted with superb strength, speed, and heightened senses.
emma_roberts_300x400.jpg

Adarin Caine (William Moseley): Adarin is a playful, smug seventeen-year-old gifted with the ability to heal physical wounds such as broken bones, gashes, and bruises, but nothing like diseases or fevers.
william.jpg

Dayne Reynolds (Hayden Panettiere): Dayne is nineteen-years-old and is very cheerful and peppy. She has the ability to seduce others and control their minds.
Hayden-Panettiere-ta01.jpg

I have about five other characters that I have yet to find. Makes me mad too because I found about two of those characters a while back, but I forgot who they were.

EDIT: I kinda wanted to put in brief description of my characters, since everyone else is :tongue

lm728

i'm baaaacccckkkkkk
Registered
Reaction score
2hgx087.jpg

I pick Taylor Swift for Chloe, a budding designer who is oppressed by her mother.
slibtx.jpg

Chace Crawford for Austin, the player who falls for her.
hs0xfs.jpg

Jessica Stam as Chloe's alpha-girl best friend.
yi6w9.jpg

2liztqs.jpg

Megan Fox/Kristen Kreuk for sophisticated senior Jacqueline (half-Jewish, half-Chinese), Austin's ex-girlfriend.
1zud2.jpg

Lastly, Jesse McCartney for E, a very special boy who holds a place in Chloe's heart.

Last edited:

christinalbarr

Registered
Reaction score
You know, I was watching "Mrs. Winterbourne" and I had an epiphany. Brenden Frasier needs to somehow reverse his aging process, because he would be absolutely perfect to play my character Daniel in my novel. Brenden has been the awkward geeky guy so well, but he's always really cute and adorable at the same time. But when he needs to be, he's been so HOT like in George of the Jungle. Brenden can be not cute, okay, cute, and super sexy. He's everything my nerd/hero character needs to be!

41155X5PB0L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

jungle.jpg

Last edited:

christinalbarr

Registered
Reaction score
On my mobile right now...will post pics later. I pick Taylor Swift/Gemma Ward for Chloe, a budding designer who is oppressed by her mother. Adam Brody/Chace Crawford for Austin, the player who falls for her. Caroline Trentini (or Paris Hilton) as Chloe's alpha-girl best friend. Megan Fox/Kristen Kreuk for sophisticated senior Jacqueline (half-Jewish, half-Chinese), Austin's ex-girlfriend. Lastly, Jesse McCartney pre-dye job for E, a very special boy who holds a place in Chloe's heart.

I wouldn't recommend Kristen Kreuk for any acting job...She seems very one dimensional and I really didn't like her character on Smallville.

dreamwriter1888

Registered
Reaction score
These are the characters from my current WIP, Midnight Fateful,a love story.

Minka Kelly as Cadence Shoal - A spoiled bitch initially, but after a traumatic event she begins to re-examine her life and struggles to change, especially after she meets David, a kind, outsider, who sweeps her off her feet. Nobody approves of their relationship.

Zach Gilford as David Demont - A kid who grew up as a social outcast because of sins his father committed. He dreams of leaving his retched town in a year, when he inherits the large sum of money his grandfather left him. That is until he meets Cadence. Together they change each other's lives.
photoshoot_shoot01_020.jpg

Chase Crawford as Rex Samuels - Cadence's ex boyfriend. An honor student and hardworking jock. Comes from a wealthy family and is the kind of guy who always gets what he wants. His dumping of Cadence is what sets into motion the whole story.
chase-crawford-nc.jpg

Josh Hartnett as Frankie Moore - A rude, dipshit of a guy who holds a secret over Cadence. He tries to use it as blackmail, but when Cadence fails to pay up the humiliating truth is revealed.
image008.jpg

Rachel Bilson as Samantha Newton - Cadence's best friend who's always harbored a grudge against her. She's always felt that Cadence didn't deserve Rex. Once Rex dumps Cadence and it's revealed that she's dating David, Samantha replaces her as the top girl in their clique and goes after Rex herself.
rachelbilson2.jpg

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
You know, I was watching "Mrs. Winterbourne" and I had an epiphany. Brenden Frasier needs to somehow reverse his aging process, because he would be absolutely perfect to play my character Daniel in my novel. Brenden has been the awkward geeky guy so well, but he's always really cute and adorable at the same time. But when he needs to be, he's been so HOT like in George of the Jungle. Brenden can be not cute, okay, cute, and super sexy. He's everything my nerd/hero character needs to be!

41155X5PB0L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

jungle.jpg

I love Mrs. Winterbourne!! How about him in School Ties? That was one of his first movies...

christinalbarr

Registered
Reaction score
I love Mrs. Winterbourne!! How about him in School Ties? That was one of his first movies...

I never saw that movie. I'll have to check it out. I love a lot of his films though. Bedazzled was really funny and I adore Blast from the Past. Of course The Mummy was the stuff. *sigh* It makes me sad that he can't be my character. I'm considering writing in a role for Daniel's father so I can cast Brenden Fraiser. I did it for Christopher Walkin. He never turns down anything!

pixydust

Mother Flippin' Rhymnosorous
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
Thanks :) This was fun!!! It made me think really quickly of a little synopsis to put on the site LOL I haven't even gotten as far as thinking of writing one or a query for my MS (TDC) SO yeah this was a great little think on your toes exercise for me LOL So now at least I know where I kinda wanna start with my query :)

Here's another good pic of the guy I chose as Colin ( I knew you'd like this one Pixy) LOL
robert_hoffman.jpg
AHHHHH! I love him!!! Step Up 2 guy!!!!! Man, that movie is so fun!!! I wish I could dance so that young hung of awesome would dance with me. :D

pixydust

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
June, I love the PLAYA' pics!!! And the Playa' is my sweet amazing Kirk! Ah, Kirk of 2009, Mr. Pine, won't you be mine....hehehehehe....I do poetry, too. He' sure to fall for me now. *snort*

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
June, I love the PLAYA' pics!!! And the Playa' is my sweet amazing Kirk! Ah, Kirk of 2009, Mr. Pine, won't you be mine....hehehehehe....I do poetry, too. He' sure to fall for me now. *snort*

HAHAH, you're a poet and didn't know it!! I bet he'd fall in an instant for a triple threat gal like ya self!!!

Oh and thanks for the compliments!!!!

Last edited:

pixydust

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
HAHAH, you're a poet and didn't know it!! I bet he'd fall in an instant for a triple threat gal like ya self!!!

Oh and thanks for the compliments!!!!
Hehehe... no kiddin'. Dancing with Step Up 2 guy, poet extraordinaire, and I make a mean grilled cheese. What could stand up against that?

paranormalchick

Book Worm & YA writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
youngadultbookworm.blogspot.com
Hehehe... no kiddin'. Dancing with Step Up 2 guy, poet extraordinaire, and I make a mean grilled cheese. What could stand up against that?
LMAO *drools over step-up guy, waits to dance after pixy's done with him*

Josh Hartnett as Frankie Moore - A rude, dipshit of a guy who holds a secret over Cadence. He tries to use it as blackmail, but when Cadence fails to pay up the humiliating truth is revealed.
image008.jpg

I LOOOOOVE HIM!!!!! Great choice *wink*

Red.Ink.Rain

Not your kid brother's YA
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristin-briana.livejournal.com
I picked actors and actresses for CoS and posted them here. But, if you're feeling lazy:

Dax:

No actor is perfect, but at the moment Liam Aiken comes pretty close.
250px-Nyd_liam_aiken.jpg

And that right there is a Dax expression if I've ever seen one.
liam_aiken_016.jpg

Serenity would be Christian Serratos:
SmallzAndRaskindPhotoshoot1.png

Shale is Luke Pasqualino:
Cpiadecapabranca-2.jpg

Whip is Gemma Ward:
gemma.jpg

Last edited: