The Walking Dead - AMC

Melanie Dawn

Gypsy, wasted from the hips down.
Registered
Reaction score
If Daryl, Maggie, or Glen die anytime soon...that would like Opie gotten murdered on Sons of Anarchy..I'd have a REALLY hard time coming beck the next week.

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I worry for Glen every episode. He's probably my favorite character. I can really relate to him for some reason.

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
Good grief, someone smacked Andrea with the stupid stick a few too many times. I get her attraction to Shane, but this yahoo?

David Morrissey plays the Guv very well indeed, but that doesn't change the fact that he has a mouth like a sad fish. At least Shane was hot. I've basically given up on Andrea at this point. She's been carrying the idiot ball for so long it's probably fused with her skin.

Can't wait to see how Michonne and the others come together. I'm afraid they're going to use Maggie as a Michonne replacement when it comes to certain....events....in the comic, which worries me because Maggie's not Michonne, and won't cope in the same way. And I don't want Glenn to be unhappy. He's such a cutie.

Glad Carol's still alive. She's been gradually toughening up. I'd like to see her kick some ass.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
I'm hesitant to discuss details until I'm pretty sure we've all watched the episode. I will say this: if Michonne weren't so goddamn close-mouthed, they'd have a couple of important pieces of information they don't have now.

Melanie Dawn

Gypsy, wasted from the hips down.
Registered
Reaction score
Mid-season finale? Who the hell authorized that? Imma have a fit.

I haven't seen the new ep. yet (I stream it through amazon the next day), but they did it last year as well... the cut it off for the holidays...not sure why but they do.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
All shows cut off for the holidays. Less people watch tv. They're out shopping, then visiting and/or on vacations. So programs show repeats or go on hiatus.

Important for a show like WD because if you miss a few episodes, you might miss important events. A major character being killed. An important plot development. Plus ratings will be low. So you don't show new episodes during this time. Sucks for those of use with nothing better to do, but there you go.

BTW, does anyone watch the Talking Dead afterwards? They always show a clip from next weeks episode and the clip they showed was pretty intense. See below, if you want to know.

Michone opens a closet, says something along the line of "oh no" and a little girl in a straight jacket and a hood over their head comes out. Michone's like, "It's ok, I'm not going to hurt you." We see there;s a big chain that attaches the girl to something, which Michone detaches before going to remove the hood. That's where the clip ends, right before the hood comes off.

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
BTW, does anyone watch the Talking Dead afterwards? They always show a clip from next weeks episode and the clip they showed was pretty intense. See below, if you want to know.

Really? I saw a very different preview:

Andrea shooting the "intruders" (side by side with the governor), Daryl saying "but he's my brother" and lots of running and action.

I'm hoping that in the mess, somebody shoots Andrea. What a waste of space.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
That's just the preview they show for next week after the show, they show a different preview on the Talking Dead. And you can see more at the AMC site. Spoilers:

I was on the edge of my seat through most of this ep. especially when: Merle set that walker loose in the room with Glen. :O And then when they were in the cabin with walkers beating on the walls and door. I'd say that that guy was a bit nuts...'I'll call the police!'...really? Good thing Rick was a cop lol. I think they were a bit harsh to Michonne in the beginning, even if they didn't know her, she did bring formula. Which they never even thanked her for. Instead, Rick grabs at her wound. ouch! Yeah, I probably wouldn't have told those people anything either. sheesh. Good to see that Glen and Maggie made it through that episode alive.

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
Ugh hate that can't stay up late enough to catch Talking Dead. catch "bonus bits" from the show but they don't seem to have the entire thing up anymore. (But maybe I'm confusing them with Falling Skies who save their full after show online.)

Anyhoo---Andrea. Must. Die. She's so gettng on my nerves more than ever.

Glen really showed his stuff. Feeling a wee bit disappointed in Maggie, but she was scared and afraid for Glen. Still, she's been tough as nails and I would have liked her to at least try and punch the skeevy Gov.in the jewels.

Merle is a total d*ck but if baby bro is in danger I think he'll side with Rick's band in the end. Unless Daryl decides to go undercover to help his crew and pretends to go along with Merle.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
For anyone who's read the comics (potentially spoilerish): Did you get a chill when Rick and Carl decided to call the baby "Judith" - and then see Carol hold the baby as Rick et al. left to storm Woodbury?

The last scene of this week's ep was riveting - especially thanks to the awesome music they used to help up the tension. Looking forward to next week's midseason finale!

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
This just occurred to me, because I'm rereading volume 8 (the prison/Woodbury volume) of the comic book. But who else sees this coming? (Whiting out for possible spoilers.)

The governor's team, with Andrea, storms the prison in retaliation for the prison's strike team attacking Woodbury (which is about to happen in next week's midseason finale). Andrea takes aim and shoots -- and hits Carol, who was fleeing while holding Judith. Both Carol and Judith die, and Andrea, overwrought with guilt, shoots the governor and kicks his body to the Walkers that have surrounded them.

I mean, I hope this doesn't happen. But I have to wonder if it will.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I've been wondering the same thing, more or less. Sometimes wondering if Daryl might be the one killed, and Merle is the one who turns on the Gov. I think there's a reason why we saw Merle have his loyalty questioned by the Gov.

I really don't relish the idea of any of them being killed.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I was really interested in Milton's experiment. If he'd secured Mr. Coleman's torso, and maybe put a muzzle on him, we'd have some damn data.

True, but I don't think Milton anticipated Mr. Coleman to be a full-fledged walker when he came back to life. I'm not sure what he thought, but letting the walker loose was a bit crazy. He would've been dinner if Andrea hadn't been there.

The whole experiment made me remember the man and son (I forget their names) that Rick came across before he went to Atlanta. The man's wife kept coming back to the house, even to the front door. So, yeah, some walkers came remember their past life to some extent. I wonder if we'll ever find out what happened to them...

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
This just occurred to me, because I'm rereading volume 8 (the prison/Woodbury volume) of the comic book. But who else sees this coming? (Whiting out for possible spoilers.) ...
I had the same thought. Find myself hoping it doesn't go down; that might be the one step too far. Throughout the series, even with occasional subtractions and additions, they've maintained a sort of core identity for the main group. That event could wipe that feeling out. There's a limit to how much bleakness I want to take in on a weekly basis.

We've had a lot of scenes of somebody having to deal with a walker -- but none made me tense up like the scene with Glenn in the chair. Definitely found his inner badass. And he was willing to die to protect the group.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
You have to assume that they maintain at the very least muscle memory. They don't need to re-learn how to walk or reach for things.

However, one has to ask, what the point is of the research? Are they thinking there's a way to reach them so the walkers don't munch on them? They're still going to much. And humans will still be their favorite munchies.

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
The whole experiment made me remember the man and son (I forget their names) that Rick came across before he went to Atlanta. The man's wife kept coming back to the house, even to the front door. So, yeah, some walkers came remember their past life to some extent. I wonder if we'll ever find out what happened to them...

Morgan and his son Duane. :) They appear again in the comic book series, so perhaps they will in the AMC version as well.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Words cannot express my contempt for The Governor and Merle. Totally understandable this guy is still holding a grudge against the group he cared nothing for leaving him behind. But damn.

And The Governor humiliating and breaking Maggie down like that...ugh. Depraved soul.

CANNOT WAIT for the big bang to come with Rick and Darryl's prison gang and the Woodbury gang. I'm hoping they run into each other outside the town instead of Woodbury breaking into the prison.

Michonne's awesome, but I wish she'd open her mouth more and use her uber valuable words. Jeez!

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
However, one has to ask, what the point is of the research?
I'm a big believer in basic research. Knowledge is never a waste. Of course, Milton's research is probably being replicated and surpassed, somewhere, in a better-equipped facility, but that doesn't help him. In Milton's place, I'd want to understand the walkers (or "biters", which is actually a better name) as thoroughly as possible.

Something I wish they'd cover: Does freezing weather stop the walkers? During the second season, Rick mentioned that he hoped it would. Now we know they've been through a winter. If the cold weather had effectively neutralized the walkers, that would have been the time to find and secure a stronghold. The fact that they didn't -- that they were still barely surviving, on the road, come Spring -- suggests otherwise.

Jehhillenberg said:
Michonne's awesome, but I wish she'd open her mouth more and use her uber valuable words. Jeez!
I hear you. Wouldn't even take a lot of words:

"Oh, by the way, I know all you people from stuff Andrea told me. She's alive and well, in Woodbury. Also by the way, the guy that took Glenn and Maggie seemed to already know Glenn. Big guy named Merle. One hand."

ETA: There must be other groups, even other fortified towns, surviving here and there. Is anybody checking regularly on ham radios and shortwave?