Where can I find a good editor?

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
See, that's what has me so confused. My novels are like an entire plot, together. The first is almost like an introduction. I introduce the readers to my characters all eight of them, since they're going to be paired. The MC's are the four quadruplets, their people are a new whole race I've created and this includes their world that I don't intend to introduce until later in the series.
The first one I'm about to finish will end soon, but it's turning out more like a love story. He just impregnated her and they don't even know it yet until the next series. That is when I'll have her sister mention the new life she's carrying. But by then it'll be her sister's turn to tell her story.

I obviously haven't read anything but this about your book, but this sounds like a lot of backstory that doesn't necessarily, or perhaps likely, need to be actually in the book itself. If there isn't stuff that HAPPENS, like conflicts that are faced and resolved in some way, or a goal that's sought, with perhaps obstacles to overcome before it's reached, then it's not going to work as a novel.

So, my novel can NOT standalone and my readers will not be satisfied. :(
Well, damn I just screwed this up big time.

Some things don't stand alone but mostly readers tend toward pissed if there's no resolution to stuff in an entire book, yeah. Cliffhangers of the main plot of MC's dilemma are not recommended if you don't like produce chucked your way.