• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] ICM Partners (formerly International Creative Management)

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
I am not a nudger - I tend to feel like there's no point worrying, of course they got it, they'll get to it when they get to it. Well, Tina had had my full for three months, and my CP (who is her client) strongly encouraged me to nudge. So I did - she emailed right back to say she'd accidentally put my manuscript in her "already read" file. AND that she would get right on it. I am SO glad I nudged. No idea how things'll go, but just thought I'd share that, in case it's useful to someone else.

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
I am not a nudger - I tend to feel like there's no point worrying, of course they got it, they'll get to it when they get to it. Well, Tina had had my full for three months, and my CP (who is her client) strongly encouraged me to nudge. So I did - she emailed right back to say she'd accidentally put my manuscript in her "already read" file. AND that she would get right on it. I am SO glad I nudged. No idea how things'll go, but just thought I'd share that, in case it's useful to someone else.

Good luck, Joy!

Niiicola

Twitchy
Registered
Reaction score
Eugene, Kari is on QueryTracker, as are several other ICM agents, and the email listed there does work. The site also lists the genres they represent.

Last edited:

JaneD

Registered
Reaction score
Website
janedougherty.wordpress.com
Did you ever query Alexandra Machinist, Whalenk? I saw her tweet asking for the next Maeve Binchy and thought I'd send a ms her way. Maeve Binchy I am not, but I'd like to be :)

JohannaC

Registered
Reaction score
Yes - I did query on 6/25/15 and received a rejection on 6/30/15. Good luck with your submission!

XSnapdragonx

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any recent experience with this agency and Alexandra Machinist in particular?

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
Alexandra Machinist looked at one of my manuscripts (full) and ultimately passed when I had another offer and she couldn't finish in time. She passed on another query of mine entirely. But her request for the full was prompt.

Raphee

In debt to AW
Registered
Reaction score
I can't find a lot of info on Jennifer Joel. There is one interview on P&W but it doesnt talk about what she looks for in writers--well not a lot. Since I have literary/multicultural to query, I was wondering if she is a good choice?

MAS

Registered
Reaction score
Publishers Lunch reports that Hillary Jacobson, Heather Karpas, and Zoe Sandler have been promoted to agent in the NY publishing department, and Lia Chan has been promoted to agent in the media rights unit.

MAS

Registered
Reaction score
Publishers Lunch reports that Caroline Eisenmann has joined the Frances Goldin Literary Agency

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
From PM:Lisa Bankoff has left ICM and established her own agency, Bankoff Collaborative.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody got recent experience with Hillary Jacobson, in terms of waiting times on fulls? I sent her a query (query letter, synopsis and first 10 pages) and had a request for the full just now. Her e-mail was lovely and very enthusiastic. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

writera

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody got recent experience with Hillary Jacobson, in terms of waiting times on fulls? I sent her a query (query letter, synopsis and first 10 pages) and had a request for the full just now. Her e-mail was lovely and very enthusiastic. Fingers crossed!

How did this work out for you in the end? Recently had a FR too.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
How did this work out for you in the end? Recently had a FR too.

Hi there

Congrats on the request! According to my notes when I told her I'd had an offer of representation she wrote back and said she 'didn't fall in love'. That hurt! However, I ended up having multiple offers on that book and I signed with my agent back in October.

Good luck!

P.K. Torrens

Saving up for a typewriter
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi team,

Does anyone have a website link to read about these agents. The icm.com website doesn't seem to have very much.

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
Their website seems very bare bones. I'm unable to find any information on their agents or who their agents represent. I was particularly interested in querying Tamara Kawar, but I've been unable to find a client list for her.

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Alexandra Machinist with an MG fantasy: 7/28/22
Rejection: 8/26/22

• Hug
Reactions: TeresaRose