• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Fifi Oscard Agency

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have info on Fifi Oscard Agency? I found a link on a website that had a list of children's and YA agents. Here is their site, http://www.fifioscard.com/ I found it weird that they hardly provided any info on the genres they represent. Here's the Publishers Marketplace page for the agency, http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/fifioscard/ Preditors and Editors reccomends them, so I suppose they're legitimate. I'd just like to know other's opinions and if you know about any sales they've had in the YA genre.

Andrew Jameson

(not his real name)
Registered
Reaction score
However, although Fifi has passed, the agency bearing her name still lives on. Their web site lists seven individual literary agents working at the agency.

You (meggy) might research the individual agents to find more information. (And by the way, the agency is completely legit.)

Geosteph

Registered
Reaction score
I queried them on Aug. 6 via their online submission form and have not received a reply. The auto-response from the receipt of the submission said if I had not heard from them in two weeks, to contact them again. But their Web site's home page says they can't respond to every query.

I'm wondering if anyone here has queried one of their agents by their direct email instead.

Thanks.

Steph

AD1968

Andrew Demcak
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.andrewdemcak.com
Carolyn French at Fifi Oscard just signed me. They are wonderful: supportive, attentive, and really smart about the lit biz. She's selling my novel, If There's a Heaven Above. So far, Knopf, HarperCollins, W. Morrow, Kensington, & Little Brown have asked to read it. Fingers and toes crossed!

Last edited:

LadyLex

Registered
Reaction score
FiFi Oscard

Hi! Any new information on this agency? I went to submit my novel, but the date field on the submission form doesn't go past 2010. Does anyone have any experience with this agency?

Last edited:

AD1968

Andrew Demcak
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.andrewdemcak.com
Hi! Any new information on this agency? I went to submit my novel, but the date field on the submission form doesn't go past 2010. Does anyone have any experience with this agency?
Try sending to the individual agents. That's how I got signed by them. Carolyn French is my agent. She is awesome. She's an ex-Stanford University Shakespeare professor. They are for real in spite of their terribly out of date website.

penguin girl

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, any news on this agency? I saw on line that Carolyn French may have retired, is that true?

Is the whole agency shutting down? The web site looks as if it hasn't been updated for years. Thanks.

DPRichard

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
FWIW, I tried to e-mail the individual agents through their individual e-mails and got unable to deliver bounce backs.

I sent the query to this address: [email protected] and it went through after I got an e-mail to verify I was a human being and not a bot.

Hope this helps. I will update if I get a response.

penguin girl

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, DPRichard. I also submitted, and will let you know.

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
AHunter3, you could try this link. It's the agency's submissions form. Perhaps Fifi Oscard Agency, as many have done, has evolved away from snail mail subs, and into the electronic age.

Or, perhaps that was the path of least resistance in sending you an "R."

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Most likely because Ms. French passed away Nov '13.

In any case, there's no sign of activity since, and given that other listings mark the agency as closed, I'll do likewise.