Any easy recipes with honey?

Fictional Cowboy

Life is short. Live with purpose.
Registered
Reaction score
I make my popcorn on the stove top. (I've never owned a microwave.) One of my favorite toppings is to melt butter and honey together and drizzle it over the top with a light sprinkling of salt. Measurements are to your own tastes.

I also use honey and jalapeños in my cornbread.

Aleiarity

mostly harmless
Registered
Reaction score
I sometimes make honey teriyaki chicken wraps...

Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat on the stove and add enough boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins (the kind you can put in a pan without thawing) to almost cover the bottom of the pan in a single layer. Drizzle in a tiny bit of oil to make sure they don't stick, since nonstick isn't always nonstick. After a few minutes, when they're starting to cook on just the outside, add teriyaki sauce (not glaze) to coat the bottom of the pan. Squirt in a decent amount of honey... say, half as much honey as teriyaki sauce. You can cover the pan now and let them cook, or you can add some other stuff first... freshly ground black pepper, cayenne, thinly sliced onions, a pinch of thyme, or whatever. I add corn sometimes because I'm probably insane.

After a few minutes of cooking with the cover on (check to make sure the liquid doesn't somehow escape the cover, which would leave the pan to dry up and allow the chicken to scorch), the chicken strips should be about done. Chop them with a spatula to make sure they're cooked all the way through (and to make them easier to eat). Sprinkle on a bit of flour and stir quickly. This will help thicken the remaining liquid so it doesn't leak out of the tortilla when you take a bite.

Serve warm on tortillas with anything else you want to add... fresh baby spinach, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, etc.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
this is a condiment, but really good: whipped honey butter. You make it exactly like it sounds. Add some honey to butter, then whip it up with a electric beater. So good. Like what they make at Claim Jumpers.

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I've always been partial to peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Esp. made a little in advance, so the honey has time to soak the bread.