• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Bond Literary Agency (Sandra Bond)

Marina Snow

Registered
Reaction score
I did an AW search for Sandra Bond, Bond Literary Agency and did not find anything. Does anyone have any experience with her? She does not appear to have a website.

Here is the Publisher's Market Place link for her:
Bond Literary Agency

KeatsLove

Registered
Reaction score
She's updated her query preferences since then and does accept email queries at [email protected]. She's in Denver and connected to the DU Publishing Institute.

Pretty quick with the e-query response time too. 2 weeks from query to partial request for me. :)

nicolesingslave

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nicolesingslave.buzznet.com
Some of her clients are listed in PM:
http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/sbbond/
LEADING CLIENTS
Michael Booth, William Brohaugh, Glen Chamberlain, Mark Cohen, Arlen Cohn, Solveig Eggerz, Kirk Farber, Lynda Ford, Beth Groundwater, Mark Herder, Adam Hoff, W.C. Jameson, Michael Kun, Jill Tietjen, Charlotte Waisman, Flint Whitlock, Holly Winter.

HumbleScribe

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Polite correspondence from start to finish.

Generic rejection note (though quite nicely worded) after requesting two chapters emailed as a Word attachment after first reviewing my query emailed to the address mentioned in this thread.

Not deterred, I'm going to now try sending her my New Age novel in case that strikes a more resonant chord.

SisterWriters

Registered
Reaction score
It has been awhile since someone has posted. Does anyone know how quickly Sandra Bond replies to a query?

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Sending query

I just sent a query to Sandra this morning for my baseball-themed historical fiction. I'll post back when I receive a response. Has anyone else sent her a query recently?

Bryan

Jinlong

Registered
Reaction score
Sandra Bond is my agent, and recently sold my debut mystery novel to St. Martin's press (Thomas Dunne books) in a multiple-book deal. She's not only legitimate but fantastic and very good with communication.

I can't speak to her query procedures because I connected with her at a conference, but she responded on my full very quickly and sold the manuscript within five months of signing me. Clearly, I am biased in her favor, but I can tell you I've been nothing but pleased with her.

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Sandra Bond is my agent, and recently sold my debut mystery novel to St. Martin's press (Thomas Dunne books) in a multiple-book deal. She's not only legitimate but fantastic and very good with communication.

I can't speak to her query procedures because I connected with her at a conference, but she responded on my full very quickly and sold the manuscript within five months of signing me. Clearly, I am biased in her favor, but I can tell you I've been nothing but pleased with her.

Thanks for the insight. She does sound like she is a wonderful agent. I'm hoping that because my book has topical similarities to some of her other clients' work that I won't get passed over immediately and be given some serious consideration. It's only been a couple of weeks since my query, but I'll be sure to post back with whatever response I get.

Thanks again.
Bryan

JohannaC

Registered
Reaction score
any thing new about this agency?

I queried the Bond Agency in March and haven't heard back. I assume it's a rejection.

Imaan

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on Becky LeJeune? I think she's a new associate agent there - I saw something on Publisher's Marketplace about her looking for more YA and specfic.

novicewriter

Registered
Reaction score

Stytch

Registered
Reaction score
*pokes this thread with a stick, especially the bits about LeJeune*

litdawg

Helping those who help themselves
Registered
Reaction score
The Querytracker comments page for Becky LeJeune has current response info. She seems to average a week to ten days to respond to initial queries. She's had mine for about two weeks. Seems like an efficient screener.

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has had any recent experiences with Becky LeJeune. I queried her back in February through QueryTracker with no response. Others have queried her this month and already been rejected or received full requests. Is this agent known to have a "maybe pile"? I'm very tempted to nudge but QT implies we should only do that if we have an offer.

jonxihama

Registered
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has had any recent experiences with Becky LeJeune. I queried her back in February through QueryTracker with no response. Others have queried her this month and already been rejected or received full requests. Is this agent known to have a "maybe pile"? I'm very tempted to nudge but QT implies we should only do that if we have an offer.
Queried June 2021, CNR'd.

Reactions: Fiender