• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] ICM Partners (formerly International Creative Management)

birdfeeder

Registered
Reaction score
Christine Earle

Hello,

I haven't been able to find much on an ICM agent named Christine Earle. Has anyone submitted to her?

Davilance

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.interdrama.com
I sent out queries to 117 agents -- and ICM was the first to respond. They asked for samples, which I sent. They phoned back in four business days and asked for more, which I also sent ASAP. So far, so good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

They did tell me they don't USUALLY respond this fast.

!

Last edited:

Davilance

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.interdrama.com
I sent out queries to 117 agents -- and ICM was the first to respond. They asked for samples, which I sent. They phoned back in four business days and asked for more, which I also sent ASAP. So far, so good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

They did tell me they don't USUALLY respond this fast.

!

Last edited:

lostlore

Registered
Reaction score
Davilance, the people I know at ICM are quick on the draw---that's one of the things I admire most about their operation. They wouldn't phone unless they loved it, and requesting more after your samples is a great sign. Good luck!

(Did you send out to 117 basically all at once, or was this over time?)

Davilance

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.interdrama.com
ICM Progress Report

OKAY -- on my first contact, the agent asked for samples. I sent four manuscripts. Four business days later, he wanted me to send EVERYTHING I had on the project. So I sent a total of six book-length treatments and three short story anthologies. Two days later, the agent phoned back saying he'd read everything and was sold. All he needed to do was convince the rest of his team. That took one day. He phoned Friday to say my lawyer will be getting the contract on Monday.

That's seven business days from first contact to notification that the contract was approved.

This contract is for ICM to represent me for movie rights, book rights, and possibly television and merchandising.

DAVILANCE

Davilance

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.interdrama.com
Queries and Press Releases

(Did you send out to 117 basically all at once, or was this over time?)

I think it was 117 queries over a two-day period. I had sent a bunch the week before, but didn't keep count. The first ones were to studios and didn't get much response. The 117 queries were mostly to agents.

I suppose I sent around 200 queries in a period of a week.

I did get a phone call from a film producer and a literary agent who were working together. I don't know which set of queries they were from, but they dropped out fairly fast.

The agent at ICM stuck with me and was VERY professional, suportive, intelligent, and understanding. I even located a college student who had interned with him. She said that she had a wonderful experience at ICM and that my agent had been her mentor. She said my books are in good hands.

DAVILANCE

jkorzenko

Registered
Reaction score
First off, huge congrats Davilance. What a major deal!!! I'm a bit confused, though -- six book-length treatments??? Please explain. Why are the treatments so long? It's my understanding that nobody reads in Hollywood. LOL.

J.

Davilance

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.interdrama.com
Why are the treatments so long? It's my understanding that nobody reads in Hollywood. LOL. - J.

Actually, I was using the word "treatment" in the generic rather than Hollywood sense of the word. In fact, I didn't know the Hollywood usage when I wrote that.

What I meant was six Book Length Stories rather than Collections of Short Stories.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Originally, we had three books of short stories. Sourcebooks was interested, but said they didn't want short stories. So we reworked serial short stories into book-length "treatments" -- manuscripts for books, not Hollywood film treatments.

DAVILANCE

Davilance

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.interdrama.com
While waiting for ICM

While I was waiting for ICM to get the contract to my entertainment law attorney, I received a phone call from APA -- Agency for the Performing Arts -- interested in the same material. They said that if ICM fell thru, to give them a call.

At present, my understanding is that ICM is only interested in movie and television rights, so maybe APA will want to do the Offset Book Rights.

The books are currently printed only by my company as POD -- Print on Demand.

Does anyone know about APA ???

DAVILANCE

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Who's your publisher? Or rather, what's the name you use for your publishing company?

Last edited:

Will Lavender

Everything is what it seems.
Registered
Reaction score
Dang, Davilance. Congrats!

Are people commonly getting ICM agents to represent them on "book length stories"? I've never heard of such a thing.

Davilance

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.interdrama.com
Books and Movies

I currently publish the books as Print-On-Demand (POD) thru my own company, Andersen Desktop Publishing, LLC. (aka ADTP Publishing). ICM is going to market the movie and television rights. My attorney is waiting for their representation contract.

We are still looking for a big publisher for Offset Publishing rights. Sourcebooks is currently looking at the manuscripts, but no contract to date.

DAVILANCE

jkorzenko

Registered
Reaction score
Ah hah -- I understand now. I googled. ;) Congrats, again, Davilance. Make sure your attorney's an entertainment lawyer and you read everything in triplicate. But I bet you already know that!!!

Enjoy the ride.

J.

Davilance

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.interdrama.com
Ah hah -- I understand now. I googled. ;) Congrats, again, Davilance. Make sure your attorney's an entertainment lawyer and you read everything in triplicate. But I bet you already know that!!! Enjoy the ride. J.

Yes, she's an entertainment lawyer. Only triplicate ?? Knowing me, I'll probably read it all ten times.

DAVILANCE

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted a query to ICM in Feb. and they got back to me today asking for the proposal. I didnt know they were the big league. Now Im nervous.

Davilance

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.interdrama.com
ICM Progress Report

I heard from ICM this week that they have a screenwriter doing a "Take" on my books, which should be done in a week or two. They will then go over it with me and then be ready to pitch the stories for a television series. The agent who specializes in packaging TV shows is confident that he has a network that will buy it.

DAVILANCE