• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] ICM Partners (formerly International Creative Management)

jkorzenko

Registered
Reaction score
What fun! FWIW -- keep in mind that all shows have been bought for the fall line-up so this will probably be a long drawn-out process. You might want to wander over to the Done Deal boards and read up on how the entire pitch to tv works. If nothing else, it'll be illuminating. Then again, this could be so HOT that it breaks all the rules. Let's hope for that. :) LOL.

J.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
It's what I wish for every night...

I'm hoping Alan will be sending good, GOOD messages at the end of the month or at least by the end of the summer!

If TV moves as fast as publishing, we probably wouldn't see anything before next fall. Then you have to shoot a pilot, get the network to buy it, blah blah blah...

Wonder if it'd be network or cable? Disney? That'd be nice.

I'm thinking it will be successful, because the kind of books they are are SO very hot right now.

Barber

Timing is everything...
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea of response time with Tina Wexler on a partial? I sent her 100 pages about a month ago (in the post). Which isn't long at all; I'm just curious :)

Thanks!

WriterInChains

Feed my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Barber,

Have you heard anything? She asked me for 100pp too. So far I'm having pretty good luck not thinking about it, but it's only been a few weeks. :)

Break a leg!
~Caren

Mrs. Strange

Water resistant
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Tina on 9/04 and received a rejection on 9/11. It was personalized and very sweet.

traininvain

bonafide hustler
Registered
Reaction score
Tina requested my full (I write YA) in September. Four days ago she emailed me saying she's still reading, but she loves what she's read so far and will be in touch soon.

Last edited:

JenWriter

Word Count Slayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jenhayley.com
Good luck! Sounds very positive!

I had a good experience with Kate Lee of ICM. I queried her via email and received a same day (on a Saturday night) with a full request. A few weeks later she responded with a "no" but it was nice to receive such a quick response.

Barber

Timing is everything...
Registered
Reaction score
It was rude of me not to update.

I think my rejection came about a week after my inquiry here, so all in all it was about five weeks. Not that it's the norm, but that was my experience. And her request came two weeks after query.

Hope that helps :)

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
Tina requested a partial from me and got back within a month with a courteous and friendly rejection. *sigh*

traininvain

bonafide hustler
Registered
Reaction score
Realized I didn't update-- Tina didn't end up offering representation, but she gave me very detailed thoughts on her problems with the plot, along with a lot of great compliments, and offered to look at it again if I made some revisions. She even mailed me the first 100 pages with handwritten notes. She's been amazing!

Right now I have it out with other agents and waiting to see what they have to say, but I definitely am taking her ideas to heart and planning on doing some revisions, as her suggestions were very helpful.

Prawn

Writing is finite,revising infinite
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! If I send a query but don't hear back, how long do you think I should wait before querying someone else at ICM? They don't have any info out there on simultaneous subs.

quillfish

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! If I send a query but don't hear back, how long do you think I should wait before querying someone else at ICM? They don't have any info out there on simultaneous subs.

That's always a tough one, not knowing whether it's lost or still under consideration. I have requeried other agencies after not receiving a response (IF I know they typically respond within a certain timeframe). Once it was very worthwhile as the requery resulted in an immediate request.

As for querying another agent at the same agency, I think to be safe I would wait until twice the time you had expected has passed - if they normally respond in four weeks, wait eight. But that's just my 2 cents! Sometimes they get behind and say so on their Web sites or blogs.

teryvalerie

Valerie Shakespeare

Yep, I've seen "no unsolicited..." as manuscripts, submissions, and materials, with the next sentance being "Send queries to...." When in doubt, ask around.

In this case they are very specific, NONE of there agents may accept or consider any unsolicited material, ideas or suggestions of any nature whatsoever ("Unsolicited Materials"). I would say that just about blankets it. If you found an agent that accepted a query, they probably had to lie & say they requested it.

Robyn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rgporter.net
Do we know if anyone at this agency takes Fantasy/paranormal romance? I went through what I could find but didn't see any confirmation of yes or no.

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
In this case they are very specific, NONE of there agents may accept or consider any unsolicited material, ideas or suggestions of any nature whatsoever ("Unsolicited Materials"). I would say that just about blankets it. If you found an agent that accepted a query, they probably had to lie & say they requested it.

Tina Wexler's AgentQuery pages says she accepts queries and lists what she is looking for. :Shrug: I suppose that means send away . . .

Red.Ink.Rain

Not your kid brother's YA
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristin-briana.livejournal.com
Tina Wexler at ICM

I've already had a good experience with her in the past, but I was just wondering if there are any authors here who are repped by Tina? She invited me to resubmit with my next project, and I'm curious to hear about anyone else's experience.

Here's an interview with her that I found, if anyone's interested.

http://ridingwiththetopdown.blogspot.com/2006/09/interview-with-literary-agent-tina.html

EDIT: Whoops, sorry for posting this in the wrong place, mods! *is sheepish* :p

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
A little late to the thread, but:

Tina Wexler definitely accepts queries, and as recently as November was the only ICM agent who repped YA. (I asked when she replied back on my MS because I wanted to know about resubbing to another agent.). She's very helpful and very professional even to someone who she's sent a rejection to. I had a couple of questions (NOT in the "why didn't you like it" vein) and she answered me in under ten minutes by email. She definitely didn't have to do that, but took the time to be courteous. I'd say anyone who gets her interested in their MS has found themselves a great agent.

Angkor

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
First, I have to say I stumbled onto ICM by accident. It's clear from their opaque, single-page website and terse "Don't Send us Anything" warning that they aren't beating the bushes for new talent. Undaunted, I, too, found out on Agentyquery that some of their agents actually are open to queries. So, I queried. A week later, I was asked to submit a hard copy of my manuscript (which I'm about to do). It seems from these postings that their agents have a track record of responsivess -- how refreshing!
My research also bears out that ICM is one of the big kahunas, with deep ties in film and TV as well. Funny how such successful players often build a Great Wall around them vis-a-vis the masses and maintain a low profile.