Most Annoying Songs Ever ?

pennywise18

Registered
Reaction score
Trust me, any song can become unbearable if you hear it long enough. I use to work at a factory where we had 12 hr shifts, and of course the radio would play the same big hits of the month at least 4 times during our shift. I grew to hate Fun!'s "Tonight", even though it's not that bad a song lol.

Greene_Hesperide1990

Protecter of the Garden
Registered
Reaction score
I understand, I worked at Children Place from my start of college life until I graduated, moving onto ShopRite. I was so annoyed because they pretty much played the same songs.

Ketzel

Leaving on the 2:19
Registered
Reaction score
How did this thread get to page three without someone nominating the endless drone that is "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald?" Unless, of course, it was one of the youtube links I was afraid to click on?

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
How did this thread get to page three without someone nominating the endless drone that is "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald?" Unless, of course, it was one of the youtube links I was afraid to click on?

I actually like the tune. Mind you, I love the Scottish pentatone it employs.

Last edited:

Rufus Coppertop

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Jingle Bells Rock.
Jingle Bells.
Mull of Kintyre.
The Brady Bunch theme.
La Bamba.
Stand By Your Man.
The Pub with No Beer
I Love to Have a Beer with Duncan.
Redback on the Toilet Seat.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jet Airliner - Steve Miller
We Will Rock You - Queen
Jet - Wings

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, anything by Steve Miller...

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Anything by Rebecca Black and Leonard Cohen. One's just plain bad while the other is just plain dreary. I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which...

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Trust me, any song can become unbearable if you hear it long enough. I use to work at a factory where we had 12 hr shifts, and of course the radio would play the same big hits of the month at least 4 times during our shift. I grew to hate Fun!'s "Tonight", even though it's not that bad a song lol.

I used to hate Kid Rock's All Summer Long because one summer, my "no repeat" radio station played it every single day, sometimes twice. Similar with Blondie's One Way Or Another. I can tolerate them now, but it took me a long time to come down from "unbearable" to "mildly tolerable." (I know, once a day every day doesn't sound too bad, but I have a low tolerance for musical repetition.)

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Most of the ones that really get under my skin have been mentioned, so I'll give a couple of my also-rans that have driven me crazy over the years.

This one.

And this one.

Both are okay songs (and I really like REM most of the time), but they got played so ever-loving much that I wanted to hit someone when they played AGAIN. With time and distance, they're more tolerable.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Last edited:

oooooh

the owls are not what they seem
Registered
Reaction score

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Safety Dance!! I genuinely and wholeheartedly love that song.

Well, see, here's the thing with me. I pay waaaaayyy too much attention to the lyrics of songs. With Safety Dance, I couldn't stop asking myself -- What the HECK is a frigging safety dance? So being a complete geek, I looked it up, and got this little piece of trivia:

The writer/performer, Ivan Doroschuk, has explained that "The Safety Dance" is a protest against bouncers stopping dancers pogoing to 1980s new wave music in clubs when disco was dying and new wave was up and coming. New wave dancing, especially pogoing, was different from disco dancing, because it was done individually instead of with partners and involved holding the torso rigid and thrashing about. To uninformed bystanders this could look dangerous, especially if pogoers accidentally bounced into one another (the more deliberately violent evolution of pogoing is slam dancing). The bouncers did not like pogoing so they would tell pogoers to stop or be kicked out of the club. Thus, the song is a protest and a call for freedom of expression.

Hence, lyrics like these:
Say, we can act if want to
If we don't nobody will
And you can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile

And something about the whole thing makes me want to pogo my head repeatedly into a wall whenever I hear the song. :D

ETA:
I admit to also having a prejudice against songs that do a lot of spelling. :D

Last edited: