• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Display site] PubMatch

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.pubmatch.com/

For publishers to sell foreign rights, or agents to get writers to rep, or writers to showcase their work to agent and publishers, so it goes full circle. Has anyone tried it? What was your experience like? Was it successful? Have a bad experience? Did your publisher sell foreign rights for your book?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Good agents are very unlikely to trawl places like that to find authors to represent.

Most agents already have sub agents in place who work on their foreign rights for them, or have deals with other agencies in the various territories to take care of that work.

Is there any information on who they've sold, and where they've been successful? Because otherwise, I'd be very skeptical about this. Especially if writers have to pay anything to list their books there.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Oh I didn't see that part of having to pay. I did however look at the list of publishers and there's some big ones like Penguin and S&S doing it.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if one does have to pay but can't imagine that such a service would run if no one paid for it.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Per the Pricing tab, the free membership option includes listings for up to 100 titles, and notification of five (5) "matches" a week. Over that, it's $80 a year.