The NFL 2012 Season

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
If the Ravens to beat the Patriots, it'll definitely be an interesting match up no matter which NFC team they face. On the one hand, you have the Harbaugh-bowl. On the other hand, with the Ravens vs Falcons, you get two quarterbacks that were drafting the same year in the first round going against each other.

This is the one I want to see. Dueling Harbaughs!

I'm going for the Niners to win the Bowl.

The likely outcome, imo, if the Harbaughs face off. But, on any given Sunday, you know how it goes.

DPRichard

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
Barring a miracle, it's going to be the Patriots hosting the Ravens in the AFC championship for the second year in a row. Wonder if that's ever happened before.

If memory serves, the Cowboys and 49ers played each other in three straight NFC Championship games in the mid-90s.

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Stupid fumble, and just some sloppy execution. If their defense doesn't step up, they may still fall to the Falcons.

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
That was a horrible call. No way that was a completion.

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
Another last minute game. Niners back to the Superbowl, Falcons watching on TV again.

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
Not even three minutes into the first quarter and Darth Hoodie makes the Ravens burn a timeout. He is such an evil genius.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
LOL! Well, not the best half I've ever listened to......

Off to bed, see you tomorrow

PS Yeh to the Niners!

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
This is the one I want to see. Dueling Harbaughs!

The likely outcome, imo, if the Harbaughs face off. But, on any given Sunday, you know how it goes.

You may get your wish. 49ers won and right now in the 4th quarter, its 28-13 Ravens with less than 7 minutes left...

Brady just got picked off...

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
And its official, Harbaugh vs Harbaugh in the Superbowl.

I is going with Baltimore Harbaugh since they are right up the road and the Redskins beat them...

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a Patriots fan, but I'm content with the outcome. Either Reed and Lewis get a ring or Moss does. So, I'm good with it. I'll pull for the Ravens, however, since I tend to prefer the AFC.

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
I think this weekend says a lot about maybe the best teams did not go to the Superbowl last year...

Just a thought...

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I think this weekend says a lot about maybe the best teams did not go to the Superbowl last year...

Back when I played team sports in high school, my basketball coach gave me a really valuable lesson, when he said "the best team is the one that won the game". It's really no more complicated than that. The only way to judge "best" is by who wins.

That said, I blew my prognostifications this year, having picked the Patriots and Packers for the Superbowl at the beginning of the playoffs. But I'm glad one of the teams now going is named after a blac bird.

caw

Ed Panther

Banned
Reaction score
Flacco now with a 15-2 touchdown/interception ratio in the playoffs the last three years. And that's with two game-winning touchdown passes dropped. And he's outplayed Brady every time they've played. Yes, even the game he only completed 4 passes.. which shows just how bad Brady plays when he plays a tough defense. (besides the Steelers D)

Benluby, have your thoughts on Flacco changed at all? That was pretty impressive how he took over the game today in the 3rd quarter.

Now that I think of it, you might be a Patriots fan. So this isn't meant as trash talk. I'm just curious if he's done enough yet to sway your perception?

Another thing worth noting, is that Flacco was stuck with Cam Cameron as OC his first 5 years. And Drew Brees even said that Cameron kept him (Brees) from going to that next level. And in the 5 meaningful games since the Ravens canned Cameron, Flacco has a 12-1 td/int ratio, and over 1400 passing yards. Those numbers, especially when coming in playoff games on the road, are rather hard to rationalize as being short of elite.
When extrapolated, they come to about 4,500 passing yards and 38 touchdowns and 3-4 interceptions.

Last edited:

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Yeh! The Bowl I wanted. And I have a feeling the Ravens are going to win it. Not sure why, it's just a feeling. Maybe the gods of sport are on their side.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
Kudos to Flacco, but it sure helped his cause that the Pats lost two starting DBs. As a staunch Pats fan I hate to say it, but I think they were outcoached.

I kept wondering in the first half.... Where the hell is Vereen? He was such a huge part of last week's win. I thought it was interesting that Loyd suddenly became a big part of the offense, but Vereen could have been the X-factor. And Woodhead was used only sparingly.

Ravens defense? Overrated. Pats defense? Smoke and mirrors.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Definitely great seeing the Ravens step up in that second half. Flacco now has more road playoff wins than any quarterback in history.

I'm happy for you, and for all Ravens and 49ers fans. Is it me, or has this been a real competitive post season?

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
I think going into the post season that it was anyone's to win. Wide open. Almost every game, a play or two different and we'd have a different superbowl completely.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I think going into the post season that it was anyone's to win. Wide open. Almost every game, a play or two different and we'd have a different superbowl completely.

Alotta fun it's been too. I already miss football.

Wish I could get into basketball or baseball.