NaNo 2012 Word Count Madness!

CQuinlan

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to everyone who finished!

I ended up taking two days off and am now going to have to race some words down to finish on time.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Well done to everyone so far.

I've resigned myself to defeat as this month has been far too busy. But if I can make it to 30k I'll be happy. I've no idea how many words I have exactly as I've ditched the laptop for pen and paper - shock horror- but I'd say I have about 17k.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Seems like a good day to pass 50K. Currently at 50,055

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
6k and... decreasing!!

I have an important exam on November 25 and not much time or brains to anything else, except a well-deserved procrastination time.

After this I will have FIVE days to finish a novel. Did I mention that this is my first novel? :Guitar:

I'll have to hit 8.8k every day, so I'm wondering...

...is that even possible? Anyone else here going through this?
I wrote 42K in a 72-hour novel writing challenge (and could have done about 3K more probably, but the novel was done on hour 69), so it is doable. But I needed to lock myself away in a cabin with a writer friend and unplug myself from the internet to get it done.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Go go go everyone!

I'm at... 0! :tongue Seriously looking forward to this time next week, when I'll have just finished my exam. That's when writing starts for me.

Congrats to everyone who's finished already!

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
Ugh. I'm feeling all meh about writing today. But whenever I think of taking the day off, the guilt kicks in. Stupid Nano related guilt. :mad:

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Congrats to those who crossed over. I may not finish either but I'll try. I'm mainly using NaNo to toy around with first person, which I've never done. I'm a couple days behind so we'll see.

Mirth

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Mirth, should I say welcome? What the hay, Welcome to aye-dub. I typed a novel (yeah, on a Smith-Corona, single space, 197 pgs.) at the age of 18. It was bad. There were pirates in it. One was named Red Eye. Seriously.

Oh, man.

Hi and thank you. :) What you did sounds pretty awesome to me. Not bad at all. If I had achieved that when I was 13 (or any age, really), I'd feel like the greatest writer in the world!

Also, at least Red Eye came to life and you got rid of him. ;) My Sapphire Throat, The Elf, however, is still here singing in my brain...

Mirth

Registered
Reaction score
Red Eye has blinked his last, but not before wishing The Elf all the best and godspeed. . .

;)

Haha

I wrote 42K in a 72-hour novel writing challenge (and could have done about 3K more probably, but the novel was done on hour 69), so it is doable. But I needed to lock myself away in a cabin with a writer friend and unplug myself from the internet to get it done.

Well, that is impressive and very helpful, since I'll have five days and will be completely free.

Now I must abandon my silly dream of writing my first novel on paper, and speed things up on the computer... if I manage to resist my darling internet, that is.

Congratulations to everyone who's finished already and to everyone doing this.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I'm on 37,668. I was planning to get to 40k today, but the edits I was waiting for from publisher have arrived, so they take priority today. I will get some words added to the NaNo later though.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a few more pages last night, so i'm getting there even though I don't know my word count. I'm just going to measure by how far I'm getting in my WIP.

Vaitalla

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aebeckerwrites.com
Wow, some of you guys are insane! Obviously I need to un-busy my life. :)

Had some setbacks so my fantasy novel (sequel to last year's NaNoNovel) is at only just over 20,000 words. I think this year it's going to be all about the "catch up on weekends" thing...

Congrats to everyone who has finished!

wickedimp

n@
Registered
Reaction score
I feel so boring in comparison to some of the tales of adventure and woe here. ;)

I'm just slightly ahead of the game - 31628 as of lunchtime. Hoping to get closer to 33K before the end of the day.

This is definitely my sanest and least panicked NaNo ever. Apparently I work well with a general notecard outline to follow.

Congrats to the speed demons and good luck to everyone else!

VeronicaX

Registered
Reaction score
Finally crossed the 25K barrier. 25,874 to be exact. Today has been a very good writing day--most definitely the best NaNo day for me so far.

Cheers!

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm definitely losing steam. Nothing written yesterday, only 2.1K written today. Is there an emoticon that says "I'm so sick of writing the sight of MS Word makes me want to barf"?

Ellaroni

Registered
Reaction score
I just passed 35k and I am all :hooray:. It's far far better than expected.

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Closing out the day at 33,432. Not bad, considering I've been taking weekends off (and even took an impromptu Monday off for Veteran's Day).

I must say, I'm impressing myself, as I'm normally a slow writer. That said, I'm noticing that every first draft I've produced thus far (I'm doing short stories) has clocked in noticeably longer than my usual fare, which probably means they'll require more revision than I'm used to needing. Still, it's been a fun experiment.