Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
I'ma making haggis on Monday, Greg. I'll be needing that heart. His lungs and liver too. Is it possible to sacrifice, say, his thyroid instead?

Thyroid? :Wha: Seriously?

Exactly. Have we learned nothing from sexy vampires? Nothing *that* beautiful can be harmless.

Some things are. :e2file:

:roll:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But that means the sheep will follow us.:(

This is kind of what sheep do, you know. Their raison d'etre, if you will. If they are French sheep.

I'ma making haggis on Monday, Greg. I'll be needing that heart. His lungs and liver too. Is it possible to sacrifice, say, his thyroid instead?

How about my appendix? I left it in China somewhere, if you're looking for parts I can spare.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I'm actually kinda interested in trying some haggis. The Robert Burns poem comes to mind.

Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,
Great chieftain o the puddin'-race!
Aboon them a' ye tak your place,
Painch, tripe, or thairm:
Weel are ye worthy o' a grace
As lang's my arm.

from Address to a Haggis

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have never been to Scotland and I would very much like to some day. Once I am there, I plan to eat some haggis, and a whole mess of deep-fried foods, and learn about scotch. I have no idea what good scotch is about.

This sounds like an excellent plan to me.

And then to Ireland, to "learn" about whiskey.

And then maybe Tennessee and Kentucky...

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm actually kinda interested in trying some haggis. The Robert Burns poem comes to mind.

Because of the Scottish "connection" to a local uni here, there are highland games every year. They used to serve haggis, but I'm not sure they still do. The last time I went there was none left, which I was actually disappointed by.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I have never been to Scotland and I would very much like to some day. Once I am there, I plan to eat some haggis, and a whole mess of deep-fried foods, and learn about scotch. I have no idea what good scotch is about.
It's about $100 per bottle.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
That's about $99 more than I'm used to paying for hooch. But I'm sure that stuff won't make me blind if I drink too much.

Do you mix your scotch with cola or kool-aid?
Um....
Scotland's definitely the place to go for fried food.
I love the black and white pudding too. And the breakfast sausage.

Plus I had the best venison pie I ever had in my whole life. Of course, it was also the only venison pie I ever had, but it was delicious.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Now I'm curious about this venison pie because I plan to have some venison this season. Was it like a pot pie?
Pretty much a top and bottom crust, venison, probably onions, possibly carrots, and a rich, rich gravy. Not a lot of other veggies and no taters. It was delicious.

Here's a recipe that sounds awesome to me.

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
*falls down on all the boxes that have been packed and makes a mess of things*

Gosh, sorry, everyone. :eek: Had such a tiring (though fun) day with the kidlets and friends.

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
This is kind of what sheep do, you know. Their raison d'etre, if you will. If they are French sheep.

That reminds me of that joke where a sheep goes "Moo" and when another sheep looks at it with an inquisitive look, the first sheep goes, "I'm learning a new language."

You're welcome. :D

Plus I had the best venison pie I ever had in my whole life. Of course, it was also the only venison pie I ever had, but it was delicious.

That actually sounds delicious. I love pies with savory filling.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Er.. depends, I guess? What happens next to it?

I mean, not that I'm worried about this. At all. Not that I scare easy. Nope. Not at all.

So... really... what happens to the sheep afterwards?

Well, the sparkly stuff will, eventually, get all sticky and red and start to clump up.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Thyroid? :Wha: Seriously?

Some things are. :e2file:

:roll:

Well, the heart will be cut out so it's easy to keep around. His thyroid's probably shot to hell anyway, but you will be needing the pancreas if you're making an authentic haggis.

In regard to beautiful things, you obviously haven't met any of the women I've dated (or wanted to date).

;)

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Because of the Scottish "connection" to a local uni here, there are highland games every year. They used to serve haggis, but I'm not sure they still do. The last time I went there was none left, which I was actually disappointed by.

I've had authentic Haggis piped in by a most excellent player o' the pipes, complete with Robbie Burns recitation and slicing with a sword.

It's, um, edible is about all I can say about it.

As for Scotch, well, the best I've ever had was Bunnahabbin and yeah, about $100 a bottle.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
That's about $99 more than I'm used to paying for hooch. But I'm sure that stuff won't make me blind if I drink too much.

Do you mix your scotch with cola or kool-aid?

Blasphemer!

Scotch shall be taken neat or with only a wee bit o' water to bring out the smokiness. It is not t' be mixed cola, kool-aid, milk (unless ye be a wee bairn and then it's okay with milk till ye be man o'nuff t' take it the proper way), or even poured over ice

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
Well, the sparkly stuff will, eventually, get all sticky and red and start to clump up.

I have my sources for fresh new supplies. ;)

In regard to beautiful things, you obviously haven't met any of the women I've dated (or wanted to date).

;)

Hey, I said some, not all. ;)

*sparkles*

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.