List of blogs accepting guest posts

LongevityLetter

Registered
Reaction score
Lately I am searching blogs that accept guest posts and it's a wild world out there, so I created this thread to gather such cyberspaces in one place.
If you know of any such blog, please put the link here - with a couple of words regarding the niche and basic submitting guidelines (number of posts, words per post, do they want pitches first or full articles and so on)

Bookmama

Registered
Reaction score
To find places to guest blog, I suggest either:

http://www.bloggerlinkup.com

or search on: some keyword (topic) and guest post.

Do you read any blogs regularly? That's the other thing to do, look around for some blogs to read first, then if you feel you can contribute something to them, contact the blog owner about writing a guest post.

The Grump

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
Thought I'd mention I offering guest blog posts on Thursdays at my blog. Topic: My Worst Writing Fear. Length: 400-600

My Guidelines are available for the asking at mkkaytheod-at-yahoo-com

Wormwood

Hoping to grow up one day
Registered
Reaction score
I do author features on my blog where I let any author that's interested take over my blog for a full post. Usually the posts have been about one full page. These author features have been very popular so far.

You can see a bunch of examples here http://micahackerman.weebly.com/blog.html

If anyone is interested you can contact me through this site or through my website. I've had mostly Sci-Fi, Horror and Fantasy authors, but I'm open to just about any fiction genre.

Thanks
Micah Ackerman

Katherine_James

Freelance Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.onlinewritingjobsguru.com
LongevityLetter, I think you would be better served by searching for blogs in your niche and then approaching them, asking if you could guest blog for their website.

Use google and type into the search box: "your niche keyword" inurl:"Guest Author". The blogs that pop up will not only be related to your genre of writing, but they will also be blogs that have already published guest authors in the past, (which means they may be open to guest posts in the future).

There is a great article on how to guest blog, by Neil Patel of QuickSprout: http://www.quicksprout.com/2013/04/01/how-to-get-your-guest-post-published/

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Why do you want to guest blog?

More importantly, IMHO, what do you want to guest post about? I get generic offers of guest posts often enough that I delete them without reply. No point even trying to explain what kind of posts I want.

LongevityLetter

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies!
Since many of you wondered why I would be interested in guest blogging, well I have two reasons:
I only published on my own blog till now, where readership is scarce. Guest blogging is a way to get some new readers, but most importantly, it is a method to get some feedback. If the article is accepted as a guest post, I may think it is good enough to be readable.
At this moment, I have no idea whether I have few readers because they don't find me - or I don't reach them enough - or because my writing stinks.

rbmanley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
raymanley.com
Ugh. Google may be going overboard.

We often guest blog to raise the profile of our own blogs or work. It's a legitimate SEO technique. This article details how Google sent one site to search engine purgatory for a single guest post.

http://searchengineland.com/guest-post-google-penalty-187707

I REALLY hope this is a totally isolated incident, or there's more to the story than we've been let in on.

RhodaD'Ettore

Registered
Reaction score
Website
goinpostalnj.blogspot.com
Here's a tip... create a signature on EVERY forum you go on... including IMDB. This forum gets me more hits and readers than any other... and IMDB is second. I never even mention my books there, however, I am a historical fiction writer, and I tend to post on historical movies/discussions there. Game of Thrones is a HOT board since it came back on.. so if you are history or fantasy, war... these people chat, then they visit.

You don't have the signature to your blog on this forum, so try it. you will see your numbers go up.

however, if you want to write something up, send me a pic you want posted, info on your books, where to buy them.. a tagline for the book or your favorite line from it... I will write something up on my site for you.

you can check out my latest here
http://www.rhodadettore.com/apps/blog/

My site has two separate blogs, one for writers and one for readers. I just opened it, and am still constructing it, so bear with me :) I need to transfer info from my old blog.

I also have a page on that site where i will post my own reviews of authors:

http://www.rhodadettore.com/reviews-by-me

i never give below a 4 star... if I do not believe the work earned it, I will explain why, without being mean. And I will always offer to re-read if the work is edited/proofread/ changed in any way. I think that is fair.

alexaherself

Wordsmith and shoechick
Registered
Reaction score
If SEO considerations are at all important to you (though I hope they're not), then be careful not to use any organized/structured method or service designed for reciprocal blog-posting: Google is on something of a rampage, at the moment, identifying and penalizing the sites of participants in such "schemes", which it considers to be attempts to manipulate its site-ranking algorithms. A service called "MyBlogGuest" was recently heavily penalized, and there'll be others, too.

NateSean

Vulcan/Time Lord Hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd want anyone having any kind of creative input on my blog, much less a guest post. I already have people telling me that my posts should be more "humorous", which misses the point entirely.

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
I am always happy to accept guest posts, just send me a message on here or an email (linked from my website or blog).

I agree with the creating a signature thing. I have got a lot of hits from this site. You can also set things up to post your blog posts to Goodreads, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter automatically everytime you post. Worth doing to widen readership.

Deleted member 42

For the love of all that's holy, worry less about SEO and more about good writing and blogging appropriately:

1. Write the most interesting and highest quality readable prose you can. Use the right word, the best word, and don't be boring.

2. Title your posts clearly, use alt tags on images, use the cite tag on titles of longer works (books, films, TV series, long poems, albums).

3. Use descriptive text for your anchor links, not just something like "here."

Please please please don't deluge other bloggers with requests to make a guest post before you've thoroughly investigated their blog; I have about 15 posts a week asking to make guest posts on a seriously academic niche blog. There's no way they're going to be appropriate posts, because there's so few of us in this particular niche and we all know each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

Williamschmit

Registered
Reaction score
Well, guest posting might be great and in-fact could have provide the best and the most appropriate results but as compared to guest posting or blogging. Why not create your own blog and start posting at their blog and in such way right audience will achieved and you may get the best results.

Last edited by a moderator:

LongevityLetter

Registered
Reaction score
If SEO considerations are at all important to you (though I hope they're not), then be careful not to use any organized/structured method or service designed for reciprocal blog-posting: Google is on something of a rampage, at the moment, identifying and penalizing the sites of participants in such "schemes", which it considers to be attempts to manipulate its site-ranking algorithms. A service called "MyBlogGuest" was recently heavily penalized, and there'll be others, too.

Thank you for the advice - yes, I read about Google's new habits of penalizing such content.
I never bothered with SEO though apart from tagging each post I write. I care more about the quality of readers than their numbers, so I don't write on anything scandalous, shocking or the like.

alexaherself

Wordsmith and shoechick
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice - yes, I read about Google's new habits of penalizing such content.

It's not about your content: it's about your off-page SEO, and specifically your pattern of incoming backlinks from other people's blogs.

AndreF

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I recently found out about some add no ref thing script on links you post.... but then again you all know about that.

I also wanted to thank some of you for having some really neat advice too. I'm taking notes.