Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I don't know if you guys follow the New York ComicCon events online, but a number of women in costumes have been accosted and/or stalked by a trio of men with a film crew. It turns out they're a YouTube channel crew affiliated with Sirius XM that has been going around and asking a series of offensive sexual and fetish "interview" questions. One of the incidents involved a Tor assistant editor, who has alerted authorities. Here's a link to the events that occurred

I get very tired of hearing about stalking at cons just because someone is wearing a costume at a, well, a costume-oriented event.

It ticks me off that people (and it can be men or women who are the stalkers) think that a costume gives other people some sort of license to say or do offensive things :rant:

Has anything like this ever happened to you or anyone you know?

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My, that is creepy. I imagine that with heavy editing, they might be able to assemble a reel which is funny, but at what expense to the attendees they accost and gross out? I'm glad she's reporting this.

Maryn, not a fan of humans today

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Sirius XM is a subscription service, isn't it? That would probably be a good place to apply pressure. Give them grief, ie complaints and blogging, and let them bring their dogs to heel.
Apparently these jerks are from some show called 'Manbanter' on the NFL channel on Sirius (I'm guessing, based on the info on the link) which sounds like the sort of thing that should be refused entry/press credentials/whatever by any sensible group, as I suspect they'd be looking for the 'hilarious' sexist, fetishist, icky angle at grandma's church social.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
"They will not be returning to Comic Con". Good. That just leaves every other Con out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.