Need help choosing a Wordpress template!

Which Wordpress Template Do You Like Best?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 28.6%

Votes: 1 14.3%

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Kolta

Registered
Reaction score
I like the last two. I voted no.5

Meant to say 3 and 5, actually.

Last edited:

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
#1 looked clean with the black and white--sharp
#2 took a bit to load (for my computer, anyway)
#3 has a bit of surreal quality to it
#4 again, clean look to it, but not crazy about it for some reason
#5 more antique with the brown and white than what I'd say is "classic" (as the template states)

I choose # 3.

But you have to see if it matches what you're aiming to convey in your blog. This, coming from the president of the Toothpaste username club. ;)

Last edited:

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Thanks everyone! I feel like I'm deciding between 3 and 5 right now.

Also FYI, for #1 a menu bar for the designer shows up on the left which might be what is making people think the site is cluttered. You can just minimise it :) .

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
Let's start with I didn't place my vote into the poll. I think it depends on what you blog will focus on. I'm torn between Purity (1) and Amadeus (5) for very different reasons.

Purity is great if you're content is more text based. Having an excerpt is a great way to entice people to read.

Amadeus has a great look, but could be taken as a bit over elaborate. I enjoy it. The downfall is it's the type of page that requires a lot of scrolling. If the blog will be more image based this is the one I prefer.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Hmm . . . it will be a more image based site for sure. I dunno. I'm still quite confused. #1 always pulls me back in just when I think I'm not as interested in that aesthetic. I hate choice!!!

Also thanks again! :)

Bolero

Registered
Reaction score
Did all this over about 10 minutes just now - so download speed could be expected to have been roughly similar, if there wasn't a variation between sites.

1. Is OK, though not especially attractive to me. The photos change too quickly - I didn't get a chance to look at it properly before it faded and another one was there - annoying.

2 aka Black Sea - Slow to download with a percentage flickering on the screen as it loaded. When I came back to it after writing this, it said "100%" but nothing else...

3. aka Dante - came across as an advert for the site host, not as your blog. Not sure if it never loaded properly or what.

4. A bit slower to download than 1 but liked the photos themselves better and the layout. Didn't like orange as a colour with the photos and especially not the way the label intruded into the picture. Not a fan of the word "awesomeness".

5. aka amadeus. Quite liked the layout. Didn't like the photos change speed. Not entirely a fan of the brown and gold theme - its ok occasionally, but to me is associated with coffee and chocolate adverts and not sure it is appropriate here.

Haven't voted in the poll. 1 and 4 were most to my taste, but no one site really "grabbed" me.