• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Noble Romance Publishing

madmumbler

Self-declared Queen of Dark Snark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tymberdalton.com
Personally, I'm having myself one wicked, wicked chuckle imagining a certain someone rolling a d12 to choose the numbers. All I need now is my Monster Manual, Hot Pockets, and a case of Red Bull.

No Mountain Dew? For realz??? LOL

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'm just shaking my head at all of this. I'm sooooo mad on behalf of my friends getting screwed over by this guy. And I feel so lucky to have never submitted to them.

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Gombart refuses to recognize the fact that they have published two of my books, without contracts. He insists they have the contracts, but they won't send them to me. Why? Because they don't exist. I never signed them, no one ever sent them to me.

I sent him an email from the former CEO, stating that she hadn't sent them, but published the books. His reply? Ah, ha, so you did know they were published without contracts. Brilliant, huh?

So, they're publishing your books without having the publishing rights?

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
I sucked down Jolt cola on gaming weekends back in the day, but I don't think they make Jolt anymore. ;)

totally OT: Early on in my security career I threw back some No-Doz with a few cans of Jolt cola.

It took three days for my heartbeat to come down below three digits.

:D

OT: Get to a lawyer and sue the MoFo out of existence. JMO.

HLWampler

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I am so sorry that everyone is going through such a hard time with this publisher. I really hope you all get your rights and what not back from them. It stinks that it's taking legal action to get them to do what's right.

JinxVelox

Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear. I feel so awful for all the authors going through this.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
HARD AS TEAK, KREWE DADDY, WET, LOVE BITES, DANGEROUS LOVE, LOVE REVISITED: NOAH AND REAGAN FROM WET, and NOPEMING SHORES.

That's a heck of an inventory of books by this publisher from one author. I'm wondering how long this author has been with Nobel and whether any of these problems began to show earlier in her career with them, like late or no payments, primarily. It would have been a huge red flag. Unless...these problems have manifested fairly recently and snow-balled into what it is today.

I feel for all the authors in this case. Especially the one's who stuck it out, showing loyalty and hoping that things would straighten out. It reminds me of my earliest publishing days under very similar circumstances. Guh.

tri

Wisteria Vine

Registered
Reaction score
So let me guess: As part of this "amicable settlement" you were told to delete every single post you made in this thread?

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
So let me guess: As part of this "amicable settlement" you were told to delete every single post you made in this thread?

The funny thing is that it makes it even MORE obvious that this publisher is bad news.

:ROFL:

Glad things worked out for you - but I think it's pretty clear that this publisher sure isn't recommended here!

madmumbler

Self-declared Queen of Dark Snark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tymberdalton.com
I'm not allowed to discuss the terms of the settlement. Sorry. :(

So, basically, people need to file suit against Noble, make sure their postings are mirrored somewhere third-party where the author can't get them removed, so when this asswipe publisher "settles" (which probably means giving only a fraction of what's due hopefully in addition to releasing rights) the comments are still out there as a warning.

Noble. Sucks. Ass.

Extorting bland comments from authors they've already screwed without lube or a reacharound is reprehensible.

But at least it shows they do finally listen to lawsuits. Now if everyone being screwed could file all at the same time...

writerreader

Registered
Reaction score
Extorting bland comments from authors they've already screwed without lube or a reacharound is reprehensible.

But at least it shows they do finally listen to lawsuits. Now if everyone being screwed could file all at the same time...

A judge ordered that the comments be removed. Not Noble. This is what happens when you go to court and settle. Both sides have to make compromises. Usually, neither side gets everything it wants.

KariGregg

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.KariGregg.com
A judge ordered that the comments be removed. Not Noble. This is what happens when you go to court and settle. Both sides have to make compromises. Usually, neither side gets everything it wants.

No judge was involved in my settlement, but you are 100% correctimundo about both sides making compromises. I suppose I could have dug my heels in and duked it out once the case went before a magistrate. I don't blame anyone who elects to go that route and wish them the best of luck. I simply had my own reasons for choosing differently.

RLMcKeown

The rambling bard
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rebeccamckeownwrites.com
Just read through the whole thread. WOW. I'm so sorry this happened and I really hope things work out for everyone.

writerreader

Registered
Reaction score
No judge was involved in my settlement, but you are 100% correctimundo about both sides making compromises. I suppose I could have dug my heels in and duked it out once the case went before a magistrate. I don't blame anyone who elects to go that route and wish them the best of luck. I simply had my own reasons for choosing differently.

Sometimes just the threat of court action is enough to convince the other side to settle. Sometimes not. Either way, it's one approach to remuneration. And magistrate's court isn't that expensive. Even if you lose, you feel like you proved something.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie writer and just discovered this forum a few days ago. I read through this thread and am horrified. I feel bad for the authors entangled in this mess and now I wish I hadn't submitted to them. It's taught me a lesson to do my homework on publishers before I submit. They got back to me a few weeks ago, requesting a full ms. Apparently, they'll tell me whether they want my book at the end of this month. But now I've read all this I'd rather not be published than to publish with them (presuming they offer). What is the etiquette for this situation? The editor reading my ms has put her time into it and it's not her fault the company is so crap. I would be appreciative of any advice. Should I write and withdraw my submission? Wait and see what they say and turn them down if they make an offer? Many thanks.