The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Volume 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Then again, if it's comforts of home for her, maybe a few favorite recipe cards with some of the sweeter or harder to find ingredients, that kind of thing.

I love that idea. Cooking is my way of being home again, so I'd love it if my parents gave me more of their recipes.

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Hum,

I am 27. What I would love? Some chocolate, some books or other things to occupy my time. Also a vary sweet note from my mom always cheered me up :) That she knew I was going to succed and she was vary proud of me. OH Yes cookies!!!! they can't go amiss :) Some gift cards would also be appreciated. Like, for gas or food.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Also a vary sweet note from my mom always cheered me up :) That she knew I was going to succed and she was vary proud of me.

I still keep a birthday card from my parents in which they wrote that they were very proud of me. I'm a sap.

Trinza

!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ztringali.wordpress.com
Yikes! I leave for the weekend with the thread just newly made and you guys are already on page 14! I've got some catching up to do.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend! After weeks of endless work-work and editing-work, I got a chance to get away for the weekend and visit a friend in Orlando, which was nice. We got lost on the way back, which was less nice, but saw some pretty sights on the way.

We also saw a child's car seat nailed to a tree somewhere in the backwoods, which was... well. I'm sure there's a story in there somewhere.

Time to go catch up on what I missed in the thread! *Pulls up a chair.*

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
YAY! I am use to being the baby :D I am glad I am not :p :p :p

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
These are lovely ideas--thank you all!

But I must remind us all of Mr. Maryn's wise words when I told him I felt like a cradle robber, ogling guys younger than my son. "Inside your own head, and online, you can be any age you want."

So let's all be the same age, instead of me being some wise old crone. We'll all be happier, yes?

I'm thinking 23 is good.

Maryn, still immature, thank goodness

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*is happy he's not the youngest of the group*
Hello,

Yesterday did a lot of errands and cleaning. Today relaxed on the couch with the dogs, some mint tea, and a book most of the day.

Now I'm in the process of creating a "creature" from bones, scrap parts(read things that find their way in my pockets... I don't know how they get there), pieces of wood, a button.... and yeah I think some nails.... The glue is drying on the separate pieces... So going to go write while I wait on the pieces to dry.

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
I'm good with that idea, Maryn. :)

Also, can it please stop snowing? We've seriously had enough snow here to last us for a while. Meh.

Writing lesson plans and trying not to fret about my first evaluation coming up on Wednesday. Hold me. :tongue

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Our scariest bday party experience was when we took more than a dozen second grade girls ice skating. We had our own mini-rink. Only half the girls could skate. One parent asked if we would have helmets - um, no, oops. We brought out all these things that look like walkers to help them. That just led to races and crashing into walls and seeing how far they could throw them. I basically stood in the middle of the ice with girls wiping out constantly around me, desperately hoping no one broke any major bones. Some of them decided it would be fun to lick the ice. By the end of the longest hour of my life it had turned into Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome On Ice. But we sent only one child home lightly damaged. Never again.

Suddenly I have newfound respect for my parents... I had my birthday party at the local ice rink almost every year when I was growing up! And do they make kids wear helmets now? I can't remember anyone ever having one.

Holy crow, Mike - and I'm brave?
Here are the cakes, since I got some reppies:

Whoa. Those are awesome!

I cannot BELIEVE how hard it is to find an open pool around here. All I want to do is take my kid to a pool and let him splash around and get comfortable being in water. Every place, even the local public pools, have such restrictive schedules that you can barely get in unless you're taking some sort of lesson. I think I finally found a private gym that has an open pool area and is kid-friendly, but I'll have to go take a tour to find out for sure. I almost joined the YMCA thinking I could do it there, but nope - 99% of the time you can't get into the water unless you're taking a lesson. Hmph.

Kiahanna

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Evening purgies :)

I am calling today a win for me. I got through a difficult action scene thing for my WIP and went to see Les Miserables with the hubby. Anne Hathaway is and always will be amasing.

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Really not happy that the weekend is already over and back to work tomorrow.

idontknowwhatimdoing

Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm 25 also! Top of my list is definitely wine, followed shortly after by chocolate and books. Great idea, btw! :)

Kiahanna

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
YAY Kia for getting threw a hard part :D <3

I nearly didn't get through it, really. One of the major characters I created snuffs it. And I liked that character. So my brain kept trying to make me write situations in which the character didn't actually really die..honestly it was like a soap opera scene inside my head.

I'm pretty sure I can say with confidence none of that bled through into the final version of the scene.

Leanan-Sidhe

leaving trails of fairy dust
Registered
Reaction score
Sending health vibes to all the sick mini purgies!

Maryn, I bet your daughter really appreciates the care packages. I second (third? fourth?) tea and chocolate.

I am back from my office's New Year's party, which was at a fancy hotel with a natural hot spring. Hot spring + cold, snowy weather = wonderful feeling.

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Here I thought I was the youngest. Huh.

So let's all be the same age, instead of me being some wise old crone. We'll all be happier, yes?

I'm thinking 23 is good.
I could be 23 again. Or at least, I'd like my stamina and tolerance for alcohol back. The insecurity and fear of being 23 can stay away, though.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I can has laptop!

*hugs all of Purgatory in a squishy BOOKish hug*

I'm $630 poorer :cry: but this is a beautiful little machine. (I simply couldn't justify $1200 for a Mac.) A bit of an adjustment to Win 8, but the touch screen helps. Thank God for savings.

I'll never catch up. Please let me know any news. Thanks.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like 23, Maryn. Yet soon I turn something decidedly not 23. *sigh*

I do get my special birthday party next weekend though. :)

Oh and the best news? We have our 3rd podcast "in the can" with the fabulous Blond on board. Thanks again Blond. You were fabulous as always!

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I am actually doing demonstrations for Win8 this month. If anyone had a "How do I.." Question.. just hit me up :D

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Evening Purgies!

The weekend is over - back to work, sorta. I've got a "Transition" seminar this week. Hmmm, that sounds more like I'm "crossing over" than looking for a new job. I take it they're gonna teach me a few things - I'm most nervous about the job interview process - I've only had one interview and that was in 1984, and it went so-so. The standard interview was with 2 guys, and they set up another one for a third opinion. I guess I got the 2-1 thumbs up. I hear they ask all sorts of wacky things now like - "Give me some examples of how you dealt with a poor performer at work." I'm not sure the military tactics will translate well. Let's see - "You don't go home until it's finished, even if it takes you all week." I guess I'll have to learn more subtle skills for the post-military job experience.

(((Mrs. B and little B's))) What a week! I hope this week is much better!

(((NIYRAK and Little Man))) That was scary! I'm glad they got a handle on it and he's getting better!

(((Little))) for the allergies

(((Shveta))) Query and Conquer!

(((Fury))) Hang in there. They'll break up eventually. (Hmmm, I just had a few evil thoughts about how you could speed that along...)

WD - Weeee! for the mad squeeing, and have fun on the road trip!

Lily - Yay! for the new laptop. (Boo for remaining on the Dark Side.)

Snappy - Vamp Dust for your R&R!

Fruit - I'm glad your hens are laying and you love your WIP!

Becky - awesome cakes! So at the next meetup, you're bringing dessert, right?

Kiahanna - Yay! for getting through the difficult WIP scene.

Dys - WOOT for managing to be productive!

WOOHOO! for being able to hit Lela up! :D

Rick... I feel you though obviously not in the same position.
Hmmm. How about right "here". (Sorry - we're prone to "pork chops" in this thread.)

I do get my special birthday party next weekend though. :)
Thunder D0wn Under? (Lynne knows a few of the boys in Vegas...)

One of the major characters I created snuffs it. And I liked that character. So my brain kept trying to make me write situations in which the character didn't actually really die..honestly it was like a soap opera scene inside my head.
When I was writing Book 0, I had a character that kept living through the chapters he was supposed to die. I used fairly detailed outlines, so when he lived through the designated chapter, I planned his demise in the next, and he lived through that one too. The third time was the charm, though. Same with Haupe in Book 2. Her character lived much longer than planned, almost to the end. As I've said before, she's a tough son-of-a-bitch!

23? Yes, that would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.