*runs in*

*throws vamp dust for Kel*

*runs out*

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You know... I so rarely incorporate the things I know into my writing... You'll very rarely see references to plants, quantum mechanics, astronomy, foraging, bushcraft, herbalism, etc.... And I don't know why that is...

In other news most of my writing lately has fallen back to something I've not done in years. Poetry... poetry is actually what started my love for writing ages and ages ago and I think about the crap I wrote way back and it makes me cringe... It's actually been fun and soothing and enjoyable and inspiring for some of my stories.

And yet other news I have a lunch date with a married woman who might be a purgatory occupant on Monday.

FruitTree

Registered
Reaction score
Can I hit you up with archeological questions? :p I feel like I find HF interesting to write because of my training as a sociologist. I'm used to thinking about how cultural forms influence personal experiences. Do you think that helps as well, since our fields are sort of like the cousins at family reunions everyone thinks are the same person but really don't get along?

I found myself reading an article on queering archeological finds the other day for my Shiny New Idea, and it was very challenging to get through because I don't understand how archeologists work.

Of course, happy to entertain archaeological questions! (I used to work in an Anth/Soc department, which I really enjoyed because we were all interested in similar questions but had such different takes on them.)

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
caleb, that's a pity. you could
do so much with your knowledge.
my editor always said, write the novel
only YOU can write. and that's such a natural
gift and talent you have.

and er. you have a date with a married
woman OH i was so confused. tas! woohoo!

mikeland

Call me Pookie
Registered
Reaction score
On the topic of age, I remember being 23 like it was 20 years ago.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I forgot to tell you guys something cute/funny. We were downtown (which is where the Naval Academy is,) and I had ducked into a hotel to visit the little room while K went to buy some gum across the street. When I came back out, K said: "You know the most mortifying thing ever?"
"Go on."
"Being a midshipman, in uniform, buying condoms, and you run out of money."
"Aww! Did you buy them for him?"
"Yes I did."

Heee.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
*hugs Jo* *throws vamp dust at kellion* *hugs K because he's a good guy*

Ladies, marry a geek. It pays off constantly. Mr. Lily just found and fixed a device error on the new laptop that happened yesterday when I was trying to find the printer driver. :heart:

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I'm the quite scandalous married woman.

It's totally research. I promise. ;)

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Blond, yes the teens that made your twitter feed blow up would disagree

Yes,things are WORSE at 4am.

Evening all rept as I went and that's all I can manage. I am felling better but am supper tired.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
*runs through thread once more*

Fruit Tree is AMAZING!!!!

*runs out*

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Clovia, you have a very nice husband.

My worst time of the night is actually about midnight if I can't go to sleep and am too wound up about things. In that case, I can't go to sleep unless my husband is soundly asleep and also not breathing on me. It's weird, I know. At least since we've been married almost 25 years, he's used to my strange sleeping habits.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Clovia does have a very nice husband. :) What a great story!

And ((((Jo))))) I can't imagine, honey. Hang in there. Also, YES. My brain and I have that exact conversation often.

Lil, woot for geek love. :)

Who's got "less than five minutes" in the pool on how much sleep I'm getting tonight? You win. ;)

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
"The little room." Clovia is so demure!

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
caleb, that's a pity. you could
do so much with your knowledge.
my editor always said, write the novel
only YOU can write. and that's such a natural
gift and talent you have.

Maybe I should try incorporating more of my knows... Wiggle those in at a later date

Yes, I'm the quite scandalous married woman.

It's totally research. I promise. ;)

Because I'm very "research-able"

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
My worst time of the night is actually about midnight if I can't go to sleep and am too wound up about things. In that case, I can't go to sleep unless my husband is soundly asleep and also not breathing on me. It's weird, I know. At least since we've been married almost 25 years, he's used to my strange sleeping habits.

OMG, I cannot STAND having my husband breathe on me. He's one of those people who sleeps like a log - once he's out, he's OUT. So he'll roll over (often on top of me - I have to push back to make him go the other way) and then just start breathing hot air right in my face. And his breath doesn't smell like roses, either. (Actually, funny side note: if I actually wake him up to tell him he's snoring or something, he will appear to wake up, but actually be fairly unconscious. At this point he will be able to carry on a conversation in which he will tell me ANYTHING to get me to let him slide back into sleep. He's the worst liar ever! And then in the morning - no memory at all of waking up.)

I have all sorts of coping mechanisms for myself, since I'm a light sleeper. In addition to putting an earplug in the top ear (I sleep on my side) and then pulling a pillow over my head, I also pull the blanket up so it's like a little wall between our faces.

Next time we get a new bed, we are SO SO SOOOO-HO getting a king. Every time we end up with one at a hotel I'm like, why do we not have this? How am I surviving on a queen? ;)

And ((((Jo))))) I can't imagine, honey. Hang in there. Also, YES. My brain and I have that exact conversation often.

Perhaps I should consider myself lucky that I have come this far in life before developing this problem. :)

Actually I've been doing the couple of "assignments" the counselor gave me, and it's really been helping overall. It's just that 4 AM time slot I would like to kill. :badthoughts

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Smiley win, Joe!

Very tired. Looking for one of my sister's cats for four hours. Posted photo on FB. Have not accomplished a single freakin' productive thing for myself today, and I have a crap-ton to do. Oh well.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I hate the Hour of the Wolf. It's usually between 2 and 4 for me.

Clovia, that is a lovely story. K is wonderful.

I'll be back when I've woken up.

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
I'm horribly behind in here as revisions have eaten my life and brain but I wanted to pop in with a whoo hoo and happy book birthday to lyndee!!!:)

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Happy book b-day, LWalker! :snoopy:

Mornin' folk.

I got nuthin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.