What Games Do You Play? (Changed from "Computers ...")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You shouldn't be getting 'glitches' on Skyrim - it's several years old.

I'm currently playing a fair amount of Skyrim. And when I say "playing," I mean "playing for 40 minutes then encountering yet another glitch and rage-quitting." The. I usually come crawling back within a day, because I want to find just one more Word of Power.

What I'm really anticipating is when Season 2 of The Walking Dead is released on disc next week.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I assume you've played Mass Effect, Dead Space, Tomb Raider and Deus Ex Human Revolution. They're all worth a crack if you haven't.

Since I'm building my first PC this weekend, I am quite looking forward to starting with The Witcher 1 and Dragon Age Origins.

Then KOTOR is on my list, everyone praises 2, should I play 1 as well or just 2?

And I bought CS, I've never played an FPS game before, so that will be interesting.

Whimsigirl

wishin' and hopin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabethlimbooks.com
Ahhh how have I just noticed this thread?

KOTOR's also on my list to finish during a few flights over the holidays. I play too much Spades on the subway and am a quarter into Skyrim.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Ahhh how have I just noticed this thread?

KOTOR's also on my list to finish during a few flights over the holidays. I play too much Spades on the subway and am a quarter into Skyrim.

Did you play KOTOR 1 and 2? Or did you start with 2?

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Anyone playing Civilization V? I've heard many good things about it, but somehow I can't get into it. Which means, I put about 2 hours into it and still do not quite get on what I have to do. (Well, I do get what I am doing as in I am running around building things, but I find it boring and I'm worried I might be missing out on something because I didn't give it more time.) Maybe it's just not up my alley.

I assume you've played Mass Effect, Dead Space, Tomb Raider and Deus Ex Human Revolution. They're all worth a crack if you haven't.

I've played those on consoles. I'm still on Mass Effect 3 actually. Need to finish that, now that you mention it. Love Deus Ex.

Last edited:

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I'm currently playing a fair amount of Skyrim. And when I say "playing," I mean "playing for 40 minutes then encountering yet another glitch and rage-quitting." The. I usually come crawling back within a day, because I want to find just one more Word of Power.
You shouldn't be getting 'glitches' on Skyrim - it's several years old.

To be fair, Skyrim has always been quite glitchy, as have all the big Bethesda RPGs. I've not found it to be game-breakingly bad, though.

Love Deus Ex.

Currently replaying DX:HR - the Director's Cut version is my excuse. Love it love it love it. Best game I've played in years.

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Then KOTOR is on my list, everyone praises 2, should I play 1 as well or just 2?

You should absolutely play the first KOTOR. It's one of the greatest RPGs ever made, imo. Also, when you play KOTOR 2, make sure you get the restored content mod or else you might find yourself wondering why so many say it's better than the first. When it first came out, it was rushed to meet a timed release date and lots of content was cut. Much of it is restored with the mod.

Rachel77

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished the Gabriel Knight remake (and am replaying it, mostly because I'm on a Mac and therefore can't play the sequels :cry:).

This is probably sacrilege, but I prefer the new voice actor over Tim Curry. He's much more consistent with the characterization (some of Tim Curry's line readings struck me as odd choices).

jamesfinegan

Registered
Reaction score
I've recently been playing the Hitman games again. I forgot how fun they are! :D

Balthagor

New Fish; Testing the Waters
Registered
Reaction score
I recently acquired War Thunder. It's great for an old Grognard like me...
I started playing that but also installed World of Tanks the same weekend and that's captured my attention a bit more. I do intend to go back to War Thunder in the future.

I've also enjoyed From Dust, a very different, almost artistic game.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
I still enjoy Starcraft (pretty much all of it, I and II). And SimCity 2000. Roller Coaster Tycoon. And what was the Microsoft strategy game? Oh, Rise of Nations.

On console (XBox360) I'm still playing Rainbow 6: Vegas, and Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I was going to buy one of the old Splinter Cell games, but I keep changing my mind which. And I want to play Thief, as well.

Excuse Me

Registered
Reaction score
Been playing PES when I have played but waiting for Quantum Break and Tomb Raider to come out.

Kakko

Registered
Reaction score
Right now I play smash 4 wii u, the new Killer instinct, Destiny, Bayonetta 2, and Hyrule Warriors mostly. Some of my favorite games of all time are Ocarina of Time, Super Mario World, Majora's Mask, and Resident Evil 4. Anybody here play smash 4 online?

Lazarene

Earthworm Jim in training
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lazarene.com
Until a couple of weeks ago it was all Dragon Age: Inquisition and Sunset Overdrive. Now though I'm playing through every nook and cranny of Mortal Kombat X. Always been a huge fighting game fan and along with Killer Instinct MK is just the best.

Violet Vixen

Official Cryptid of the Publishing World
Registered
Reaction score
I play mostly on my Xbox One, wii u, and 3DS. Currently have been playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies(3DS), Destiny(XB1), Dragon Age: Inquisition(XB1), Super Smash Bros. Wii-U, and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate(3DS).

If anyone would like to add me, my gamertag is VioletVixenator and my NNID is Sir_Aaron. :)

_city_

man why you even got to do a thing
Registered
Reaction score
Curious: how does DA: Inquisition rank in comparison to the first two?

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone playing Civilization V? I've heard many good things about it, but somehow I can't get into it. Which means, I put about 2 hours into it and still do not quite get on what I have to do. (Well, I do get what I am doing as in I am running around building things, but I find it boring and I'm worried I might be missing out on something because I didn't give it more time.) Maybe it's just not up my alley.

I love Civilization V. At first, I didn't; I was too used to IV, and found that I wasn't picking things up as quickly as I'd hoped to. But it didn't take much more than 2 hours for me to really get into it. I love the belief system, for example, although you can completely ignore it if you want, and the huge range of extra civilizations you can play as (depending on the mods installed). Did you end up continuing with it?

(And also, Mass Effect 3, my favourite game ever, although I know I might be in the minority there. Did you finish it?)

tigeraye

up the hill in chains.
Registered
Reaction score
Picked up Smash 4 today and ordered Pokemon White 2. Gonna be going between those, Skyrim and Trauma Center: Under the Knife for the next while. Also gonna replay the Ace Attorney games.

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
Picked up Smash 4 today and ordered Pokemon White 2. Gonna be going between those, Skyrim and Trauma Center: Under the Knife for the next while. Also gonna replay the Ace Attorney games.

Ooh, some good games there! :)
SuperSmashBros. is awesome, though I still love Melee. Skyrim is just amazing.

I've been playing Borderlands 2 split screen co-op with my sister. So addicting, just shooting things and collecting loot. :D

TheCthultist

Kept ya waiting, huh?
Registered
Reaction score
There is no end to the amount of fun you can have with Smash 4, assuming you have people to play with and/or an Internet connection.

About to start MGS: Ground Zeroes again on the ps4 instead of the now dead Xbox 360 I was playing it on. I have a sudden urge to 100% it before Phantom Pain comes out in September now.

CELSTEFANI

Registered
Reaction score
I'm eager to revisit the The Uncharted Collection in a few days. Some of the other games I enjoy are The Last of Us, Dead Space, God of War, Final Fantasy, inFAMOUS, and Resident Evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.