2016 Presidential Candidates: I Wanna Be Elected!

Ladies and Gentlmen, Choose Your Contenders!

• V.P. Joe Biden (D)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Former Sec of State Hillary Clinton (D)

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • Sen. Joe Manchin (D)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gov. Martin O' Malley (D)

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Sen. Bernie Sanders (Independent)

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D)

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Former Sen. Jim Webb (D)

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Former Gov. Jeb Bush (R)

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Dr. Ben Carson (R)

• Gov. Chris Christie (R)

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sen. Ted Cruz (R)

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (R)

• Gov. Bobby Jindal (R)

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Gov. John Kasich (R)

• Sen. Rand Paul (R)

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Gov. Rick Perry (R)

• Former Gov. Mitt Romney (R)

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Sen. Marco Rubio (R)

• Rep. Paul Ryan (R)

• Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R)

• Gov. Scott Walker (R)

• Unnamed Candidate.

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
“I want to be president,” Romney told about 30 donors in New York.

I think it goes without saying that anybody that runs wants to be president, but for him to say it bluntly like that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Power is safest in the hands of those that don't want it.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I think it goes without saying that anybody that runs wants to be president, but for him to say it bluntly like that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Name one reluctant president in recent history. Except Jerry Ford, sorta.

I'm reminded of Robert Ringer's Winning Through Intimidation, or his restatement of the three types by Dan Kennedy.

"The world is made up of three types of people: Type Number One's who understand and openly acknowledge that they always act in their own self-interest.....Type Number Two's, who understand that they always act in their own self-interest but try to make you (and others) believe otherwise....and Type Number Three's, who either don't understand or don't want to understand that they always act in their own self-interest. Beware Type Two's and Type Three's."
Type Two's will deliberately hurt you. They are thieves and con artists and liars and cheats who know their true nature is so dark they must carefully conceal it.

Type Three's will unintentionally harm you. Because they are constantly at war with themselves, denying their true nature, making decisions based on delusion rather than reality, they will inevitably string together enough bad decisions made for the wrong reasons to destroy themselves along with anybody standing around in bomb-blast range.

At least the Type One politicians are honest about their powerlust, although they're certainly lying about a shitload of other stuff.

I remember even Saint Hillary being so bold in a number of ads before she got Obaminated.

Last edited:

emax100

Banned
Reaction score
In other words, it is not safe even a little in the hands of Cheney, Bush Jr, Bill Clinton, Bush Sr, Pelosi, Rumsfeld, Biden, Romney, Gingrich, Obama, Ted Cruz, Diane Feinstein or Hillary Clinton.

Fingers

My cat Toby
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in the woods around Portland Oregon
If this is the best they have to offer, then fuckem. Im going to write my name in like I did last time. Im tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. At least I know Im not qualified for the job.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score

Name one reluctant president in recent history. Except Jerry Ford, sorta.
Maybe we could pick Presidents the way we pick juries.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Maybe we could pick Presidents the way we pick juries.

You mean send a notice to a bunch of random people who will all try come up with an excuse for why they can't serve, then put those who can't find an excuse into a big, dirty, noisy room for several days where they'll stew resentfully until they finally get pulled into a smaller room to get pummeled with questions and winnowed down one by one until we find someone who hasn't picked up a newspaper in decades?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
You mean send a notice to a bunch of random people who will all try come up with an excuse for why they can't serve, then put those who can't find an excuse into a big, dirty, noisy room for several days where they'll stew resentfully until they finally get pulled into a smaller room to get pummeled with questions and winnowed down one by one until we find someone who hasn't picked up a newspaper in decades?
Yeah. Just like they did the draft in the 60s.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
So instead of debates, the candidates could have protest marches.

emax100

Banned
Reaction score
Haggis was not on the poll option ballot, sadly.
I think it would be fun to have CassandraW running with Don as Vice President and Haskins running with Haggis as Vice President and nighttimer running with rugcat as Vice President. And then Diana Hignutt running with her choice of AWer for Vice President. Would that election get you excited about politics again?

Last edited:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Turn it into an all-out, no-holds-barred, bare-knuckled fight to the death, and I'm in.

emax100

Banned
Reaction score
Turn it into an all-out, no-holds-barred, bare-knuckled fight to the death, and I'm in.
You know, I get the feeling you have some serious training in some form of legit martial art, boxing, muay thai,kickboxing - real kickboxing and not the cardio kickboxing or tae bo kind, kyokushin, krav maga,wrestling, Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or something else. I always got the impression you could put an average guy's lights out with a good left hook or uppercut, toss him over your shoulder and break something, take his back and choke him out, take a limb and break it or some combo of the above. I mean, that's why the manspreading thread was so fun; if you asked a dude spread out like that to give a seat, I always figured the average Manhatten dude would be terrified of objecting.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Mostly I'm just ornery. And I play dirty.

emax100

Banned
Reaction score
I guess that is why New Yorkers outside Manhatten have the rep they do. A Dilbert comic had a new trainee from New York coming into the Californian based office wondering which of this new collegaues he was gonna slaughter first, or something along those lines, while they all ran out of the room like it was on fire. I think that shows what people in the more pampered cities feel about true New Yorkers.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Beck/Palin '16!

106575_original.jpg

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I think it would be fun to have CassandraW running with Don as Vice President and Haskins running with Haggis as Vice President and nighttimer running with rugcat as Vice President. And then Diana Hignutt running with her choice of AWer for Vice President. Would that election get you excited about politics again?
Can't run without money. Did you even think once about emptying your wallet for your candidates of choice?

Thought not.

Fu*kin' pretend playas.

Hey! You want policy, let me see the green.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Damn straight. Pony up, people.

Last edited:

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I really do believe this would result in a candidate less likely to be unapologetic about not knowing the name of the President of Becky-becky-stan. This can only be a Good Thing.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
*ports thread to erotica*

eta: Bradley's stuck in the middle. Oh, well.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Mostly I'm just ornery. And I play dirty.
Well, you've certainly got all the qualifications necessary for Supreme Ruler of the Free World, then.
I guess that is why New Yorkers outside Manhattan have the rep they do. A Dilbert comic had a new trainee from New York coming into the Californian based office wondering which of this new collegaues he was gonna slaughter first, or something along those lines, while they all ran out of the room like it was on fire. I think that shows what people in the more pampered less insane cities feel about true New Yorkers.
FIFY. :D ...and as a long-time resident of Florida, I know whereof I speak.