NaNo 2012 Word Count Madness!

CQuinlan

Registered
Reaction score
I wish I could play an instrument. I always wanted to learn the violin. But I also happen to have the musical ear of a horny tom-cat.

Haven't started writing yet. I have another idea swirling around in my head that I'm trying to resist. I wrote down the very basics for it, hoping that that would calm me down but now I'm more excited to write it. This usually happens when I hit this it of a story.

Must. Resist. Shiny!

Kevans

Fish from another stream
Registered
Reaction score
16703, letting the story run, I am starting to get interested on where it will all end up. This is with a solid outline too.

Weird,
Kevin

moreferarum

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there! New to this thread but I thought I'd post my measly count..
I'm on 7662, still writing now. It's only 20 to 5 in the evening here so I have the whole night left to catch up from a few days not writing.
I'm writing a chapter that's really interesting me at the moment so hopefully I can bump the number up.

VeronicaX

Registered
Reaction score
Ahh! I am right there with you. I want to grab my story by the neck and shake it and yell, "What happened?! We were getting along so well, and suddenly you refuse to work with me!! Whaaaiiiiii!" :cry:

Probably why I've been doing nothing today but mooching around eating tortilla chips and shooting dirty looks at the MS Word icon. Nano is making me fat.

Haha! I relate so much, trust me.

I was doing so well for 6 days. For a while there I was sure I'd hit 100,000 words in no time! But now it's taken a turn which has left me thinking "What the heck was I thinking?" But we'll see how it goes. I never outline before I write, but I start to really think this could work as one, so I'm not too concerned--I can edit and add/substract later ;)

Good luck! And don't stress too much ;)

Word count as of right now: 14,631.

Ellaroni

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just past 9000, and slowly catching up on words not written in the first few days. I am cautious with any celebration, though, as one son went down with a fever today and November is always a month when the entire family end up being sick at some point...
Better write like a madwoman to catch up before falling behind ;-)
But goal is 2000 words per night. I only have time to write after the kids are asleep (and if I have no papers to correct). It'll be at least half an hour or so before sleep occurs (I may have jinxed it with this...). Fingers crossed!

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Hello new to the thread people! :welcome:
I hit 16,040 last night, but I skipped ahead in the story, so at some point I'll have to go back and write the stuff I didn't feel like doing at the moment.

...especially because I kinda just wrote myself into a corner. Booo!

D'oh! But at least you now have the potential to earn the Painting yourself out of a corner merit badge!

akaria

Registered
Reaction score
Still insanely behind at 8623. This story is not flowing right. I'm skipping all over the place which I hate. It always makes editing a PITA to fill in the gaps.

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
I've climbed up to 20,000:snoopy:Was hoping to get to 25,000 but I'm taking a break with that:D Might come back to it later;)

vitani

The Tobermory Hamster
Registered
Reaction score
I'm exhausted, but I've made my target for today. Spent too long faffing about before sitting down to write. The anticipation is always worse than the actual writing. Once I'm into it, the words tend to flow.

I'm dancing around between the beginning, middle and the end, and finding that I can tie a lot of plot threads together this way. Hopefully, I won't need to radically edit the structure when I have this draft done.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
20,067! :e2woo:

Now it's time to get some sleep.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
3.2K written today...1.2K of which felt like complete trash. Ahhh! My inner editor is totally kicking my ass. T_T

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Around the 10k mark but having a serious catch-up over the weekend. Maybe an all-nighter for me tonight.

If I can get to the 20k mark by Monday, I'll be very happy.

KVL

Registered
Reaction score
London, but I left my heart in San Francisco
9500. Wish I could pull an all-nighter but a) I turn into a pumpkin at midnight these days and b) adequately entertaining a 4 year old and a 2 year old is difficult when sleep-deprived. :)

vitani

The Tobermory Hamster
Registered
Reaction score
Just broke 16,000. I'm over 1,000 ahead of my overall target (which is pretty much just the 1667 words a day).

Now, sleep. Nite all.

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
coming to you guys with 12,563 words. I was really behind, but finally catching up. I'm thinking weekends are going to be my friend to get in extra word counts. wrote 2,153 words so far today. which is a lot for me. I really want to try and hit 15k tonight. yay team!

Catalyn

Nano'ing....
Registered
Reaction score
I really want to try and hit 15k tonight. yay team!

Go on, you can do it!

Ending today with just over 16k, work tomorrow but then I have a relatively free Sunday so it would be nice to get a larger buffer. Things are going well so far, but I always feel that a word count disaster could be just around the corner.;)

Congrats on all the word counts from everyone!

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone is going to hate me for this. I hit the 70,000 mark today. Of course, I don't currently have school or a job to distract me. It also helps that my natural writing pace is pretty fast. I'm sure I'll have a lot of editing to do once I finish.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Stopping at 32,000 total, 1776 for the day. Tomorrow it's back to 2K or more per day, but I want to get some reading done tonight, believe it or not.