NaNo 2012 Word Count Madness!

AutumnWrite

Old enough to know better
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm nearing the 8000 mark, so glad a friend of mine talked me into this.

Persei

Let it go
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing today. I just came out of a 90 questions plus essay test, and have some chores left to do, but maybe I'll manage to do 2K until the end of the day... Perhaps.

lebbieb

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in awe! You all are amazing.

(looks at my pathetic word count and slinks off in embarrassment)

CQuinlan

Registered
Reaction score
Now to the cinema to see Looper. I may write more when I get home. Depends on how much sleep I can avoid when I am out of red bull.

(May have just posted this in the wrong thread and had to delete it. Lack of red bull possibly showing already.)

Corussa

I fight like a dairy farmer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now at 7,916, having only just started on my day four writing (441 words so far today, but planning to bash out a few more in the next hour or two). Work and life got in the way a bit earlier. Tsk...

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
you guys rock. seriously. I need to catch up here...I'm only at a total of 3631 and it's Day 4. Pathetic. Work is just wearing me out here, but I'm going to take advantage of Sunday and try to get some more done.

wickedimp

n@
Registered
Reaction score
8387, and I think that's probably the best I'm going to get today, since the kiddo is expressing no inclination to let me continue... she's actually physically hanging on my arm as I type this.

vitani

The Tobermory Hamster
Registered
Reaction score
8387, and I think that's probably the best I'm going to get today, since the kiddo is expressing no inclination to let me continue... she's actually physically hanging on my arm as I type this.

LOL!

I think they have a sixth sense. Mine is usually a great sleeper, but for the past four days, she's woken up as soon as I sit down to write. I got a two hour block last night, and that's the best I've had since Thursday.

measure_in_love

Registered
Reaction score
4450 words :) 828 of them written in the past hour (with distractions haha) but I finished Chapter 1!!!! YAY! That felt amazing. I never really understood how to know when to finish a chapter, but it felt so right. And satisfying. Thank you NaNo. I finally am doing this right.

Ellaroni

Registered
Reaction score
Just passed the 3000 mark, and so happy even though I am a bit behind and probably will stay there. It's looking better than last year anyway. :)

measure_in_love

Registered
Reaction score
Just passed the 3000 mark, and so happy even though I am a bit behind and probably will stay there. It's looking better than last year anyway. :)

Pretty much in the same boat as you lol. I stopped really early last time I attempted NaNo, but stopped with school and rehearsals. I'm a bit behind with a 4,458 word count, but it's looking better, and at least I'm writing every day. I haven't written every day in forever. So I'm just taking that as a victory so far lol.

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
I just reached 16,373. If I have the time and am motivated enough I will get in another 600ish words to get to 17k. Two of the people in my region are at 60K +. I can't seem to turn off my self-editor, but I am happy with my pace.

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the word counts everyone:partyguy:

I've managed to climb up to nearly 12,000:hooray:Was hoping to get to 12,000 but I needed a break ;)

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*is the slow kid*

2700 words over here. I spent the weekend doing homework and NaNoing. I think I am coming to grips with being a slow-ass writer. It's going well though!

measure_in_love

Registered
Reaction score
^ no worries. I'm a slow writer too. It's so intimidating to see people already having 20k + words already.

But yay I have 5200 words so far! I love seeing that word count bar rising! :) 1573 words written thus far today. Thank you fall back for giving me an extra hour of writing!

Camilla Delvalle

Dreaming of other times
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday was the day of my planned spurt to make a new speed record. My previous record from 2010 was 21k in one day. Yesterday I wrote 25k. Now I'm at 45k.

Catalyn

Nano'ing....
Registered
Reaction score
Here you all go. There's more than enough to be had.

<pics of lovely wine snipped>

How very kind *grabs a glass or two*

Ending the weekend with 8188 words, had a busy one so I'm chuffed with that word count. Even better, I'm progressing with some form of a plot and very much enjoying my writing. :)

Persei

Let it go
Registered
Reaction score
meh, 800 words. Can't push over more: stomach won't cooperate, mentally and physically drained from tests and chores I had to do... I will make it up for it by raising te daily goal from 2K to 2,5K for several days.