Pen name taken off Face book!

havestorytotell

One of the 96% of us
Registered
Reaction score
I successfully wrote a memoir (published as an indie) and used Face book under a pen name to promote it, now 54 Amazon 5 stars out of 58.
Face book JUST froze my pen name account! I would think the ISBN #would help but ?

I am at a loss how to get my FB pen name back from FB! I cannot use my legal name for legal reasons. A literary attorney reviewed my MS before I published (glad I did!) but now I am at a loss.

I live out of the country (reason in book) and there is no way I can do local or US book promotions. The book came out last May. Other than giving people brochures on my book and writing articles to promote it, any ideas? I have been promoting on more often but it does now seem to be as good as Face book. HELP!

Also is there a place to promote it here?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
If your account is under a pen name you cannot have a profile, you can only have a page. This is a long-standing policy that they enforce as they detect people using names other than their legal name.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Interesting. I just created a penname account on FB so I could link it to all my other penname accounts on Twitter, Pinterest , G+, Tunblr, and WordPress. I didn't want to open a Page because then it would be linked to my real name.

Guess I'll have to rethink that.

nkkingston

Bemused Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solelyfictional.org
Facebook rules state you can only have one profile. Lots and lots of people ignore that, but at the end of the day, you're agreeing to their rules when you use the site, and if you break those rules they can remove your account. I didn't want a page at first because it linked to my real name, but in the end I decided I'd rather take the risk (you can set it so you can't tell what profile is running it, but with facebook you never know when they'll change their mind) than potentially lose both accounts altogether.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
My FB account is under my pen name, which is also my maiden name because all my old school buddies and relatives know me by that name. My author page is also under that name. None of them are under my legal name. I wonder if someday I'll disappear from FB in a big poof!