Can you get Amazon Look Inside removed for books you've taken down?

Dragonwriter

Fluorescent Pudding-Brain
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rlkingwriting.com
(EDIT: Actually, never mind, I think I answered my own question (that I can just swap out the cover and interior file on my own) and now I feel kinda silly for asking. Nothing to see here. Move along. Thanks! :D)

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but it does have to do with promotion so I'll give it a shot.

I released the first book in my urban fantasy series last month and it's been selling pretty well. I've got four more books in the pipeline, in process of being edited and finalizing covers.

I want to do a release for the next one in a couple of months with a teaser campaign, cover reveal, etc, but my problem is that I initially published versions of the next two books in the series previously on Amazon. (They didn't sell well because I basically did zero promotion.) Since then I've rewritten them, had them professionally edited, and repurposed them to fit my series, and I took them down from Amazon several months ago in anticpation of relaunching my series. So you can't purchase them anymore, but you can still click on the "Look Inside" link to see the first few chapters.

As I said, I've rewritten the books. The chapters are different now (and better!) so I don't want people stumbling upon old content when I do my releases of the second and third books.

Is there a way to ask Amazon to take down the preview links? Ideally I'd like to take down the whole book so the old covers are no longer available to be seen, but I'd settle for getting rid of the sample content.

Thanks!

Last edited: