Help with my book's genre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andieee

Potatoes gon' potate.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello folks! :D
I have recently finished a manuscript which I considered romance at first. Now I am kind of reluctant to keep that genre.
There is romance, yes, and even a small sex scene between the main characters but that's all.
The book is about an eighteen-years-old girl who moves to a village, forced to follow her mother. She gets caught in a conflict between two sides that would do anything to see the others dead (vampires and vampire hunters).
There is action, a few scenes of brutal deaths and some gore-- the main reasons I can't place it under the 'romance' label.
What do you guys think?
Thanks in advance. :D

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello folks! :D
I have recently finished a manuscript which I considered romance at first. Now I am kind of reluctant to keep that genre.
There is romance, yes, and even a small sex scene between the main characters but that's all.
The book is about an eighteen-years-old girl who moves to a village, forced to follow her mother. She gets caught in a conflict between two sides that would do anything to see the others dead (vampires and vampire hunters).
There is action, a few scenes of brutal deaths and some gore-- the main reasons I can't place it under the 'romance' label.
What do you guys think?
Thanks in advance. :D

If the plot is centered around the relationship and it ends happily, it's a romance--from your description, I'd say a paranormal romance. Death and gore don't keep it from being a romance if the relationship is central.

But if the romance is a more minor element, then it's more likely horror.

Andieee

Potatoes gon' potate.
Registered
Reaction score
The plot is definetely centered about their relationship. Paranormal romance it is then. Thanks a lot. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.