The Walking Dead - AMC

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
I wondered in she made that connection upon meeting him and Rick and the gang. I forgot if Merle explicitly said Daryl was his brother and with Rick Grimes or something or gave some sort of description of him. Michonne is indeed a shrewd character. But you've never know if from her stingy way with verbal knowledge. Haha. Woman of action, she is.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She has to know it's them. Andrea has talked about them. Andrea and Merle knew each other. Merle knew Glen, as she saw. There's no way she can't know the connection. Her silence is starting to annoy me, honestly.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Would be great if the mid-season finale will also be the point where Michonne breaks her silence about everything!! Fill us in on her background. Fill everyone in on the 411 and connect the puzzle pieces.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I agree. I'd like to know more about her. She's a total badass, so fun to watch when she's in action. When she's not slaying Walkers, though, she's kind of annoying.

Speaking of badasses, what about Glen this week? He's awesome. Please, please, please let him live.

:D

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah, he took that beating and whooped that walkers ass, breaking the chair and all. Much respect for Glen. He has to live. Rick, Daryl, and Glen are must-haves for me. Carl is even up there for me now.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like Carl this season, too.

Totally unimportant, but I think "Judith" is kind of a strange name for a kid to come up with, though. It's a fine name, but seemed like an odd choice.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Morgan and his son Duane. :) They appear again in the comic book series, so perhaps they will in the AMC version as well.

Ah, yes, that's right. Thanks dragonjax. :) And good to know that they have a chance of reappearing one day. I haven't read the comics.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Heard a rumor that Morgan and Duane may re-appear, but not closely to Rick. Maybe over that radio? Also read they cast Tyrese.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe they'll call him on the phone. :D Hey, if dead Lori can do it, then...

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
I like Carl this season, too.

Totally unimportant, but I think "Judith" is kind of a strange name for a kid to come up with, though. It's a fine name, but seemed like an odd choice.

I thought it was odd. I'm guessing it's the baby's name in the comics?

Why not name her something cool like Ass-kicker and call her her A.K. for short because it fits with AK 47, which it totally useful for their world. Where's the AK 47? Alright, that was some serious stream of consciousness.

Anywho, not loving "Judith" either.

Heard a rumor that Morgan and Duane may re-appear, but not closely to Rick. Maybe over that radio? Also read they cast Tyrese.

Maybe they'll call him on the phone. :D Hey, if dead Lori can do it, then...

Interesting; I thought maybe what was Morgan on the phone "talking to Rick" and "asking about his wife." Sounded similar to the way he investigated Rick before taking him in season 1.

I also heard that the Tyrese character was cast. Man, where did the comic writers come up with these names? Some characters have cool names and some have rather simple names, and others' literally surprise me.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
I also heard that the Tyrese character was cast. Man, where did the comic writers come up with these names?
The past few weeks, I've been working at the Elections & Registration office for Cobb County, Georgia, and looking at thousands of voter registration cards and precinct cards. I've lost my ability to be surprised at the names people give their kids.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com

The comic had a very sweet Christmas one-shot with Morgan and Duane; would be nice to see that particular story come up, even if it winds up being a webisode or something like that.

As for Tyrese, I'm really interested in how that character is going to play out - a lot of the comic book characteristics of Tyrese have been filled in the AMC version by Daryl.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
God, I hope Rick beats the shit out of the governor (or Andrea wakes up and wastes him).

No idea what will happen between Merle and Daryl. I'm hoping either Merle comes around (though after what he did to Glen, I'm not wanting to like him), or, Daryl kills him.

I did wonder, when Andrea was with the science-guy running a test, why she didn't say, "Hey, guess what, we actually saw this video, you know, when we were in this CDC lockdown place, of a guy who ran all these tests on walkers and, yeah.... the dude's gone. Won't be coming back."

I do think the science guy will end up helping Andrea. Seems to be leading up to that.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score

love5.gif

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
No idea what will happen between Merle and Daryl. I'm hoping either Merle comes around (though after what he did to Glen, I'm not wanting to like him), or, Daryl kills him.
If I were pushed to make a guess, I would say that Daryl will kill his brother in some tear-jerker scene where he is having to make a choice between saving one of his current gang and big bro.

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
If I were pushed to make a guess, I would say that Daryl will kill his brother in some tear-jerker scene where he is having to make a choice between saving one of his current gang and big bro.

That's exactly what I thought too.

Melanie Dawn

Gypsy, wasted from the hips down.
Registered
Reaction score
God, I hope Rick beats the shit out of the governor (or Andrea wakes up and wastes him).

I did wonder, when Andrea was with the science-guy running a test, why she didn't say, "Hey, guess what, we actually saw this video, you know, when we were in this CDC lockdown place, of a guy who ran all these tests on walkers and, yeah.... the dude's gone. Won't be coming back."

I do think the science guy will end up helping Andrea. Seems to be leading up to that.

Andrea is pretty worthless at this point. I am so tired of how wishy washy she is.

As for Daryl and Merle... the episode at the farm when Daryl goes out to look for Sofia, and gets thrown from the horse and hallucinates about his brother... I think that sequence speaks volumes of their toxic relationship..my brother and I were just like that.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
I can't see Merle as redeemable. Merle looks out for Merle, period, murders without hesitation, and always feels justified.

Even when they went to rescue Merle and found his sawn-off hand, Daryl didn't seem to really blame anybody for it. Since then he's grown so much, and become such an important part of the group, I think he'll support them no matter what.

(It must suck, though, to be the "little brother" in both size and age, and know that your older brother is always going to be bigger than you. I'm the youngest of three brothers, but by age 16 was the tallest and strongest.)

I can see why the Governor would be interested in Milton's experiments. He wants to believe there's something of his daughter still there, inside the thing in his closet. (In the comic, there were elements that made the situation even more disturbing.)

I'd love it if Glenn got to personally kill the Governor. I know I'd want to, in his place.

Hershel seems to be crutchin' around pretty good. Amazing for anyone to survive such a sloppy amputation; the stump must look horrible.

Last edited:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Reading Manuel's post made me remember something that I was going to bring up about the daughter when they showed that ep, but I had forgot to.

When the Govenor was brushing her hair, she had no restraints or anything on and she was rather tame about the whole thing until he pulled off part of her scalp. Why wasn't she trying to eat him? Why was she just sitting there letting him brush her hair? And why isn't he worried about getting scratched or something? She could have easily scratched him when she grabbed his arms.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I think the governor is pretty worried right about now. He probably wonders if Maggie was lying about the numbers (thinking it took more to overtake the prison), or, he's worried about what this small group is capable of. Not to mention one of them is Merle's brother and Merle seems to be a pretty handy guy to have around.

This is going to turn bloody.