The Walking Dead - AMC

maggi90w1

CAVE!
Registered
Reaction score
Too bad about Merle. He was such an interesting character. I was looking forward to see how he would interact with the rest of the group next season.

Velcro

Scribbling Scribe
Registered
Reaction score
I was a little sad that Darryl punched Merle's ticket. He made a pretty bad ass looking zombie with his metal arm.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still putting my money on Milton to off the Guv.

But yeah, I could have sat and bawled with Darryl last night.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
My money's on Milton, too.

As horrible as it was to see Darryl break down, I have to admit I was watching saying, "Kill him kill him kill him don't let him bite you!" I was a little nervous there for a second.

On the bright side, looks like Merle managed to do a number on the Governor's trained fighters. I was most concerned about those guys trying to take the prison.

I loved the bits with Glenn. He's one of my favorites of the show, and those scenes were just very well done.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think Milton has it in him. I think it's more likely he'll sacrifice himself for the governor.

I'd like to see Michonne finish what she started, but wouldn't mind seeing Daryl kill him, either. Or even Andrea. Or Glen. Or Maggie. Heck, I don't care who takes him out, but it's time for him to die.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I'd have thought Milton didn't, but after burning the zombies in the pit, I think there's a chance. I really hope he saves Andrea, though. Or that someone does at least.

I think her comments to him about not being able to just stand back and watch anymore meant something. I'm pretty sure he'll try something. It's just a question of whether or not that something will get him killed before he succeeds.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I think he'll try. I just don't think he'll be able to go through with it. Poor Milton. I just want to hug him, but it'd make him uncomfortable. :D

Bloo

Roofied by Rylan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emergencyroomproductions.net
I'll be honest, I had this thought before I read it on another forum I'm on but it was reinforced there, I'm REALLY hoping that the disagreement former showrunner Glenn Mazzara (sp?) had with AMC (and Kirkman) is keeping the Governor alive and making him a long term villain and we get to see his comeuppance in the next episode.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I have a hard time seeing how they can keep the Governor as a long-term villain. The confrontation with Woodbury has been set up as the main part of the season finale, and I'm not sure as a writer I can see how they'd drag him on. He might survive, but I think his threat will be much diminished after that confrontation. I think they'll have to move on to a new threat for the next season.

Does anyone else think he might have been bitten in the warehouse with Andrea? I didn't notice, but my boyfriend said he was favoring/covering his arm in a way that makes it look like he was bitten.

Gru'ud

Registered
Reaction score
Once you know that anyone who dies; turns, it makes the idea of a safe zone that much harder to believe. No matter where you go, such as the army base where those soldiers came from, someone is going to die. Heart attack, trip down the stairs, choking to death on a rubber duck, (It could happen) someone is going to die. Then you've got to kill them before they can spread it. And if that person attacks family that doesn't want to shoot mommy or daddy or their own kid, (Like what we're told happened with Duanne, poor kid) it'll spread even more.

Add in the fact that it seems like many don't understand that simple death can result in a new walker, that spells trouble.

I've only been watching the show since the beginning of this season, and this bit still confuses me.

I thought, at first, you had to be bitten to be infected but now that is not the case?

Am I completely wrong, and it's always been this way, or has something changed recently that makes it that way?

Sorry for such a noob question.

And put me in the camp with the folks that would stay put at the prison. The governor aside (hopefully soon!!) it would be hard to beat its "natural" defenses, although I'd be shoring up the parts where the deaders still seem able to wander in.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't read all of the posts to see if this has been mentioned or not...

I saw scenes for the next episode and this is what I think. To me, it looks as if Rick's group has left the prison. When the Governor's people show up, they are looking around and don't seem to see anybody. Also, I don't think I saw any zombies near the fence. There is a scene where one of the Gov's guys is sliding open a door and we don't see what is behind it. My family thinks Rick's group stashed a bunch of zombies behind this door to greet the enemy.

I don't know where exactly Rick's group will go, but I think they have left.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've only been watching the show since the beginning of this season, and this bit still confuses me.
I thought, at first, you had to be bitten to be infected but now that is not the case?
Am I completely wrong, and it's always been this way, or has something changed recently that makes it that way?

The guy at the Center for Disease Control (first season) told Rick that all of the people are already infected. If anyone dies from any type of cause, he or she will then turn into a zombie. And of course they will turn into a zombie if bitten.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score

And put me in the camp with the folks that would stay put at the prison. The governor aside (hopefully soon!!) it would be hard to beat its "natural" defenses, although I'd be shoring up the parts where the deaders still seem able to wander in.

I watched the whole series in about two weeks (a week ago lol), so I'm luckier than most in that I've not had to wait for long to forget answers or chance missing anything.

But yeah, as they said, everyone's infected and the bite thing was just what they thought at first.

Random speculation question: Do you think it's a generational thing, or that this is something that will stick with humans for the rest of ever? I imagine it would eventually be manageable. You'd learn what to do with people when they died to prevent it and know how to deal with it once they've turned, so as long as people were vigilant, future horrific mass deaths could be prevented, I think.

We don't know what causes the infection, though, or, honestly, how it's even spread. Maybe it's from close contact with zombie guts? Air? This is one of those things I've been wondering at from the beginning.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't read all of the posts to see if this has been mentioned or not...

I saw scenes for the next episode and this is what I think. To me, it looks as if Rick's group has left the prison. When the Governor's people show up, they are looking around and don't seem to see anybody. Also, I don't think I saw any zombies near the fence. There is a scene where one of the Gov's guys is sliding open a door and we don't see what is behind it. My family thinks Rick's group stashed a bunch of zombies behind this door to greet the enemy.

I don't know where exactly Rick's group will go, but I think they have left.

To take control of Woodbury!

Gru'ud

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer rhymegirl and kaitie, and I agree, I would think eventually what’s left of society would find a way to deal with most deaths, probably with immediate incinerations.

Heh, imagine Soylent Green but with fire trucks instead of garbage trucks … oh, sorry. :D

But you’d still get walkers shuffling in. Not everyone dies around other folks, so …

Bloo

Roofied by Rylan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emergencyroomproductions.net
I thought the CDC guy in the first season (seriously watch the first two seasons!) said that the virus was air born? It's been forever since I've watched season 1, I'll admit, but I seem to recall that.

I would guess that lil asskicker and any other babies born into the ZA will play a role in counteracting the virus (natural immunity or something. That seems to happen a lot in this type of apocalyptic fiction ;) ))

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer rhymegirl and kaitie, and I agree, I would think eventually what’s left of society would find a way to deal with most deaths, probably with immediate incinerations.

Heh, imagine Soylent Green but with fire trucks instead of garbage trucks … oh, sorry. :D

But you’d still get walkers shuffling in. Not everyone dies around other folks, so …

You need to watch the previous seasons. Aren't they doing a big marathon before the finale?

Anyway, before we're told that everyone is infected, there are hints. The gang is somewhere, a shelter at a school, I think, and there are big piles of burned bodies.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com

I think the logical conclusion is that bodily fluid from a walker must be toxic, so if you're bite, scratched, etc it'll cause death with will cause you to get up and re-bite.

And make no apologies. Just pick up the tab on the next round of drinks.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
What I think is interesting is that if the reason they die from bites is because of infection, that means if they get proper medicine, they could theoretically survive, right? I know Hershel did, but I'm talking any bite, regardless of location. T-Dog might have been able to make it from a shoulder wound, for instance.

As for the CDC, he never said how it was transmitted, as far as I recall. We didn't even hear him say they were all infected as he just whispered that to Rick at the end.

You know the funny thing about that whisper? I'd actually been pretty certain that what he'd whispered was that Lori was pregnant. I ended up being right on that, but completely wrong on the whisper thing. :tongue

James simpson

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to know if as now they are all infected, if they get bit will they still turn assuming it isn't a life threatening bite? We haven't seen it happen, everyone has either been mutilated, killed after getting bitten or killed by another survivor then reanimated.

It would be quite funny if the bite didn't do anything anymore and they were just killing people without needing to. (I seriously doubt it though)

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
I think the idea behind the bite is that they are so toxic that they are presumed fatal even if the physical damage isn't very great.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Remember Jim from season 1? He got a bit on his gut. He was clearly turning.
Well, he was dying. Whatever agency is causing the walker/biter problem, it sits in the brain (and, I'd presume, other tissues) and magically reanimates the body if a person dies for any reason.

If a person is bitten by a walker, presumably introducing the same agency directly into the bloodstream, it causes an intense, ultimately fatal fever; then the dead body rises.

(But we've seen the fatal illness can be prevented if a bitten extremity is amputated quickly enough.)

What we don't know is whether it was that way from the beginning of the problem; also, whether the phenomenon spread like an epidemic, or happened everywhere at once. (As in George Romero's movies; in those, there's no identified virus or other agent. One day, the world just changes, and after that, everyone who dies becomes a zombie.)

Season finale tonight.