The Bouncy Castle in Space

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Hilarious, Sheila, but how do they DO that? It looks too real to me.

Britwriter - How Funny! I love the way kids think.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
poor dragon...

that baby cheated.

(somebody better warn jvc to get the hell out of here...)

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
My son is so weird. We were playing Uno, and he made the comment, "I'm lamenting the fact that I chose yellow on that last round."

What kid speaks like that?

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
"lamenting" is pretty impressive, I must say.

Yesterday, my son said, "Advance toward me, brethren," to his 10-year-old brother. Ten year old looked confused, so he said, "Come at me, bro."

His school play was Henry V, I think they were having fun with it.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can't decide if this is cruel or hilarious. I'm thinking both. "I Ate All Your Halloween Candy". Parents on November 1st tell their kids they ate all their candy. It's especially harsh because all kids are sleep-deprived and nursing candy hangovers on that day. Worth watching to the end :)

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
It's hilarious! (and cruel, yes). But that girl at the end - I'm dying, she's so cute.

I was thinking about your subversive thread, and wouldn't it be great to have a book where kids get back at the parents who film them and post it on the internet!

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sick, but I can honestly say I've never even considered doing something like that. Not that I wouldn't, but it simply never occurred to me.

I know a child whose Christmas presents all disappeared when she went prowling and found them, and she had a huge battle with herself over whether to admit her deeds or to keep all the disappointment to herself.

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's hilarious! (and cruel, yes). But that girl at the end - I'm dying, she's so cute.

I was thinking about your subversive thread, and wouldn't it be great to have a book where kids get back at the parents who film them and post it on the internet!

Like the children of a mommy blogger who embarrassingly dissects their lives online, start their own blog to detail their parents' embarrassing goings-on? That would be an awesome premise.

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Yes!

I bet there are a whole lot of kids out there who could relate to that. "Stop posting my picture on facebook!"

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
great, a whole bunch more kids who will need years of therapy...

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
Only JUST recovered from icky, bed-ridding flu bug. Jumping back into the game like a thing possessed - working on the second draft of 'EF: Phantom Thief', writing the rough draft of 'EF: Cursed' (working title), and writing a sample chapter for a Hothouse project.

Wish me luck and strength, lol!

Dave

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
David - glad you're feeling better. I don't wish that on anyone.

How do you work on three projects at once and make any sense of things? Way to go, you! Hope your next week is much more productive.

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Oh my gosh, last night my two-year-old stuck a pea up his nose. We spent two hours trying to get it out, then finally went to the ER at 9:00 at night. We waited two hours to be seen, four people held him down and poked him with sharp objects and STILL couldn't get it out. Now we have to take him to the ENT at Children's Hospital. Never a dull moment in parenting!

So, does anyone else sew? I am currently working on this Harry Potter quilt for my daughter. It's a massive undertaking, but I'm having so much fun with it. I'm planning to put the titles of all the books from the HP world along the spines of the books - like Hogwarts: A History, Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them, etc. I'd love to have a buddy if anyone is crazy enough to want to sew along with me!

Pea-pocalypse aside, I'm feeling good. Have finally gotten drafting a new middle grade. I usually start something new as soon as I start querying another manuscript, but I've been having a hard time for a couple months, messing about with a YA, making notes, but never getting anywhere on this MG. But now I'm making steady progress. Yay!

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, last night my two-year-old stuck a pea up his nose. We spent two hours trying to get it out, then finally went to the ER at 9:00 at night. We waited two hours to be seen, four people held him down and poked him with sharp objects and STILL couldn't get it out. Now we have to take him to the ENT at Children's Hospital. Never a dull moment in parenting!

So, does anyone else sew? I am currently working on this Harry Potter quilt for my daughter. It's a massive undertaking, but I'm having so much fun with it. I'm planning to put the titles of all the books from the HP world along the spines of the books - like Hogwarts: A History, Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them, etc. I'd love to have a buddy if anyone is crazy enough to want to sew along with me!

Pea-pocalypse aside, I'm feeling good. Have finally gotten drafting a new middle grade. I usually start something new as soon as I start querying another manuscript, but I've been having a hard time for a couple months, messing about with a YA, making notes, but never getting anywhere on this MG. But now I'm making steady progress. Yay!

OMG pea! glad he turned out ok!

that quilt is off the hook! i like how it's tagged "Project of Doom". i mostly know how to do that stuff but i dont think i could do so much of it! maybe one or two nifty blocks on a lap quilt. good luck!

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
David, Glad you are feeling better. I've been fighting a cold all week; I haven't gotten much sleep, so I don't know how I've managed to duck this one (wife and kidlits are all sick). At least it's just a plain ordinary cold, nothing major.

Joy, I know how scary that can be. My oldest one (when she was 2 or 3) put a bead up her nose (from one of the make your own bracelet sets). I had a pair of long thin tweezers they use for fine soldering. I still don't know how I managed to get it out.

But, I can see a pea going deeper--they did manage to get it out, correct?

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes, Joy. The children's hospital here has a large display of objects that have been removed from children, with a little tag that says the part of the body the object was removed from. It's remarkable what kids are able to fit up their noses.

I want a HP quilt!

MorganMarshall

I keep my head firmly in the clouds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gutsandglorybooks.com
Popping in to get a little more laid back and just say hi for once.

So... hi! :D

Glad you're feeling better David. There seems to be something going around here. Blergh.

The idea of kids getting back at parents both intrigues and terrifies me, as a mother. :flag:

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Yikes, Joy. The children's hospital here has a large display of objects that have been removed from children, with a little tag that says the part of the body the object was removed from.

THAT is awesome.

And no, the pea is still in. We have our appointment tomorrow at the children's hospital.