Strategic Book Publishing & Rights Agency

Shrouded

Ne tequcesiverius extra
Registered
Reaction score
It smacks of desperation on Fletcher's part. Now, I wonder if he can remember which accountant put said money in what account? Of course he can always seal the deal with a simple,"Can you take an IOU?"

C. K. Casner

is a twisted individual
Registered
Reaction score
OMG...

Wonder if this will be as big a seller like Kennedy's Chappaquiddick trial?

Last edited:

AC Crispin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.accrispin.com
If all I had standing between me and a lawsuit by a pissed off celebrity was Robert Fletcher, I'd start running. Fletcher is about as much qualfied legal "rep" as I am Queen of Patagonia. Yeesh!

-Ann C. Crispin
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Price of Freedom
Disney Editions

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Love paragraphs 5 and 12.

Incidentally, anyone know whether Fletcher got that "six figure deal" for the book rights? I mean, I know he was aiming for it by May and I suppose he's got a fortnight left ...

MM

C. K. Casner

is a twisted individual
Registered
Reaction score
All I can say is WOW.

Wonder if the investigation will move a little quicker now that someone famous wants a piece of Bouncing Bobby.

WriterMomto3

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Choked on my coffee when I read paragraph 5 (I was prepared by the time I got to paragraph 12). I can almost (almost) feel sorry for some of the "employees" whom I know personally who are involved with Fletcher. Sigh. It really is like a train wreck, I want to look away and I just can't.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I think we're gonna need to rent a commercial model for this one.

full_IMG_8097.jpg

WriterMomto3

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Cao, I almost choked on my coffee again. LOL. I'm putting the cup down now. :)

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Fletcher hasn't charged Frank Sorrentino a cent. I think Fletcher saw this as his ticket to the big time, and to legitimacy as a publisher. I'm guessing that he never actually intended to market the book rights to anyone--it was all a leadup to announcing he was publishing the book himself. (Such announcement, however--or indeed any announcements at all--were conspicuously absent from BEA.)

Check out Fletcher's press release in response to the lawsuit. He's calling it "frivolous." He should know.

Both Fletcher and Mr. Sorrentino live in Boca Raton. Hmmmmm.

- Victoria

Ink-Stained Wretch

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Fletcher hasn't charged Frank Sorrentino a cent. I think Fletcher saw this as his ticket to the big time, and to legitimacy as a publisher.

You think Fletcher dreams of being a legitimate agent? Maybe he's as delusional as some of his clients; after all this time, Fletcher's reputation in legitimate publishing circles has to stink like a week-old fish. What publisher would waste her time looking at anything Fletcher has to offer? I'd lay better odds on John "Gor" Norman being hired as a columnist for Ms. magazine.

Hey, do you suppose that press release is a good example of the quality of editing one can expect from SBP?

Given all that talk about manly men versus metrosexual wusses, I'd say it was a damned fine typing job, considering how it was most likely done with only one hand.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
You think Fletcher dreams of being a legitimate agent?
Yup. I think he's been seduced by "Agent/Publisher: the Role-Playing Game," a subset of "International Businessman: the Role-Playing Game." While maintaining the original purpose of the enterprise, of course (to separate writers from their money).

- Victoria

Last edited:

Ink-Stained Wretch

Registered
Reaction score
“I’m calling Mike on his sh*t,” says Frank Sorrentino, father of Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino. “I’ve covered up for Mike his entire life, and when I needed his help, he left me hanging,” continued Mike’s dad. “I think people should know what I know. Hard core partying, drugs, sex, crime elements, you name it, it’s in there.

Oh my goodness gracious. Such tales would surely destroy "The Situation's" career. Jersey Shore fans tune in because they like the show's themes: sobriety, moderation, chastity and respect for the law.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
I think Fletcher saw this as his ticket to the big time, and to legitimacy as a publisher.

What happened to the guy who was going to rip the lid off the Teddy Kennedy/Chappaquiddick cover-up? Wasn't he going to be Bouncing Bobby's ticket to legitimacy?

I sure hope someone saved that press release in all its barely-literate glory.

Meanwhile, I'm putting my marker down now. Just like there wasn't an announcement of a six-figure publishing deal at BEA, there isn't going to be any "huge Internet TV show" this fall.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't "huge internet TV show" an oxymoron? Well, unless one counts a clip that's gone viral on YouTube...

C. K. Casner

is a twisted individual
Registered
Reaction score
Here is the latest tripe from SBG:

:

The L.I.S.T. O.F. Book Marketing:

Email Campaigns
----------------------------------------------------

<B>Let's Spread the Word

Email marketing is one of the most affordable and effective methods of reaching potential readers and selling books.
</B>
Congratulations! We are so happy that your book has been released. We would like to have the opportunity to help you get the word out and send a friendly reminder to your family, friends, and professional contacts! The book was released in 2009. You're new here, aren't you?

We offer an extremely effective tool to do so personalized email announcements that areboth innovative and professional. You simply provide us with your latest contact list (friends, family, fans, professional contacts) and we will send a customized marketing email to your entire list once your book is released and your website is "live".
We will work with you to customize your email announcement whether you choose our Enhanced Email or Ultra Enhanced Email Announcement options. The Enhanced Email Announcement includes your biography, author picture, cover photo and buying links. The Ultra Enhanced Email Announcement is our #1 option as it provides you the best presence and most professional image. It includes your press release, author photo, buying links and more!
Whichever email announcement option you choose, it will arrive in your contact's INBOX appearing to come from YOU, adding a personalized touch and approach to Marketing.
To learn more about our email options, and contact list gathering process, please contact us at [email protected]; [email protected] or visit our store to order online now.

Julie - Book Release Announcements
www.StrategicBookGroup.com
www.StrategicBookClub.com
www.StrategicBookAgency.com
www.StrategicBookPublishing.com
www.SBPRA.com
www.StrategicBookMarketing.com

ABOUT: Strategic Book Group provides book publishing, book marketing, and e-book services to over 10,000 writers around the world, employing 150 people who live throughout the US and work virtually through telecommunication. Strategic Book Group is experiencing over 30% growth per year, having published approximately 3000 authors with almost 100 new releases per month. Our books are available through Ingram, the largest book distributor in the world, as well as in bookstores, through Amazon, Barnes & Noble and all online channels. Strategic Book Group attends and exhibits at the major book expositions in London, New York, China, and Germany each year.

To follow us on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/2cwerv7

To follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/StrategicBook

To follow us on Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3690863

------------------------------- Footer -------------------
Book marketing techniques can be organized into the following broad categories: We call this our L.I.S.T. O.F acronym. Clearly there will be some overlap of the book marketing techniques below but this is a handy way to think.

L = Local Author Initiatives

I = International Book Marketing Techniques

S = Social Media

T = Technology

O = Other

F = Free

------------------------------------------------------------------

L = Local Author initiatives. This includes book signings, libraries, schools, author displays, author posters & bookmarks, reaching local media, local press releases.. and more.

I = International. This includes our Expo outreach to international publishers who may want your book for their country. This also includes selling ebooks around the world as we think that is going to be the biggest market in publishing in a few years.

S = Social Media. Facebook, Twitter, Blogging, and all the upcoming new internet ways of marketing to groups and 'tribes', Public Relations, Press Releases, Electronic Press Kits all feed the internet and social media.

T = Technology. Amazon Optimization, Author Domain Names, Article Submission, Audio Books, Ebooks, Kindle, Websites, Domain names, Search Engine Optimization, Author Video, Author Radio,

O = Other Ideas. Personal Assistant, and other ideas that help you succeed.

F = Free Ideas: Google Alerts, Contests, Public Appearances, Book Reviews, Contact Local Media. (We'll be constantly on the lookout for more of these, don't worry).

--------------------
Optout: To optout please forward this email to [email protected]. And of course realize that you have pretty much said 'no marketing for me", which is ok, but only if you plan to terminate. Our vision is to have a tribe of 1000 aggressively selling authors. We have 3000 published authors now.

Hmm, either pay for marketing or terminate. It just breaks my heart to part company with Bouncin' Bobby. *snerk*

Last edited: