Fagin February 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Still no words, but I did have an interminable meeting this afternoon (FOUR HOURS discussing stuff that had nothing to do with me!), so I did a little research and replotting.

Did you guys know that vacuum-tube-based equipment is less vulnerable to EMPs (at least some kinds) than solid-state equipment? I did not know that until this afternoon...and it might actually be useful to my plot.

I have another four-hour meeting tomorrow, but unfortunately I have to take notes at this one. :tongue So I may not get anything done.

Go, team! :e2cheer:

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Did you guys know that vacuum-tube-based equipment is less vulnerable to EMPs (at least some kinds) than solid-state equipment? I did not know that until this afternoon...and it might actually be useful to my plot.

The sad thing is that I can nod along to this and see how it would be true.

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
At the moment, I have wrote 151 words and I am hoping more will be down soon.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Day 5 of the migraine that won't go away. Haven't written in 4 days. :(

Sorry to hear that, Saoirse. Hope you feel better soon! :Hug2:

No words for me in the past two days, just not feeling it, and my gout flare up didn't help either. Back to work today and have some words this morning, wrapping up a scene. Will report wordage later, as I hope to get lots more before the end of the day.

ETA: Between this morning and the afternoon, I have had a mediocre writing session. A whopping 1255 words, which I will take, thank you very much. I think I have the chapter wrapped, but not sure. Will revisit later. WIP total now stands at, *drumroll*, 48,712! :D (1288 from 50K)

Last edited:

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
1200 words today butI don't know how many of those will stay. I'm trying to write a very defiant scene. and I had writers club tonight. They have no idea how much they mean to me. I could talk writing all night.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
1200 words today butI don't know how many of those will stay. I'm trying to write a very defiant scene. and I had writers club tonight. They have no idea how much they mean to me. I could talk writing all night.

We need a "Like" button like they have on Facebook. :D

:Thumbs:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Day 5 of the migraine that won't go away. Haven't written in 4 days. :(

Oh, blossom - I wish I could send you some virtual acupuncture. I don't believe in acupuncture, but I had a week-long migraine once and got acu and it went away as the needles went in. Same thing, next time (on the second day of migraine. I'd learned the lesson, you see ;) )I figure there's a drug they tip the needles with ;)

Okay - I have a goal for today and I'm writing it here. I need people to thump me if I don't meet it. I'm editing Part One of New Book and I need to get the second half of Luke done, and all of Tess in 2012. Doable if I don't get in my own way and start fiddling with words.

Get defiant, Wonderactivist. Liz - good luck with the beta bits. Iamwriter - I know those days... word. by. word. (And then it's done.)

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Thank you, everyone. Still having issues, but I have determined that it's not a migraine. Confused? Let me explain.

i have paralyzed eye muscles that normally lead to double vision. I was born with this, and apparently it's very rare. I remember on Sunday turning my head and feeling pain in my left eye. However, my migraines usually settle behind one eye and that's why I assumed it was a migraine. Although the vertigo has stumped me. Anyhow, no migraine meds touched it, nor did motrin and other OTC pills. I suspect I strained a muscle. My mom thinks the paralyzed eye muscles make it more likely to happen.

So...still the same. Trying to rest my eye. I did write up some notes for my revision coming up.

/end thread hijack

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Onesecond, that's awesome.

Saoirse, I hope your eyes feel better soon.

I had a great write last night and a wonderful couple of career steps yesterday, but today I feel ... I'll put it in another thread.

Hard to write. About 400 words so far.

Update a while later: I just wrote my insecurities and trashed them. A writer can't allow other people's negative attitudes to influence their decisions. 800 more angry words, shredded. And I feel much better.

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did what I had to do. I'm totally knackered though - nine hours!

Part One is edited and guess what? (no surprises here) Parts Two and Three are going to be about eight million times less complex plot-wise than I thought.

So, yeah. Well done on WASTING SEVERAL MONTHS WITH THE TRICKSY PLOTSHIFTS, MCCARDEY :rant: Dammit! Why do I do that?

Last edited:

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Hope you feel better soon, Saoirse. I can't even begin to imagine what that is like. :Hug2:

Well, after yesterdays triumph, I have only managed a meager 385 words today, thus far. On the brighter side, I did break the 49K barrier! :D (49,098)*

ETA: Well, I seem to have used up my allotment of words on the WIP for today. *sigh* Got another 247 added to a really tough scene. I personally don't like the direction it's taking, but Kelli says that's the way it has to be. And I for one know better than to argue with her. (She's got a Glock!) 49,345!
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

*Addition error - corrected!

Last edited:

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Hey! Weekend, and finally done with the Week of H*** at work, which my colleagues and I take turns dealing with. It won't be mine again for 5 weeks' time, yay. It's so busy and intense all day, thus in the afternoons and evenings I'm collapsed on the couch.
But now I can write again! All weekend :hooray: Continuing my new WIP.

Cudos to all who've been working, whether is writing, rewriting, editing, plotting or researching. Good job!

(Sending good vibes to Saoirse, hoping the eye muscle will behave.)

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
1235 words today.

My characters are in such a dysfunctional marriage but they aren't even married. Loved writing this scene!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
So...still the same. Trying to rest my eye. I did write up some notes for my revision coming up.

Thinking of you. Give yourself time - healing is important.

2,042 today. Days off work are great.:hooray:

My office building was closed today at noon because of the incoming storm. The trouble is, I was working from home, which means I was WORKING. Sigh.

Update a while later: I just wrote my insecurities and trashed them. A writer can't allow other people's negative attitudes to influence their decisions. 800 more angry words, shredded. And I feel much better.

I used to write things down, tear up the paper, and burn it. Whatever gets you writing again is worth it.

So, yeah. Well done on WASTING SEVERAL MONTHS WITH THE TRICKSY PLOTSHIFTS, MCCARDEY :rant: Dammit! Why do I do that?

:roll: The process is what it is - do not question the process!

49,345!
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Go, Ken! Tomorrow you'll hit it!

But now I can write again! All weekend :hooray: Continuing my new WIP.

Enjoy the break, and enjoy the weekend!

1235 words today.

My characters are in such a dysfunctional marriage but they aren't even married. Loved writing this scene!

I love stuff like that. :D

Picked through some beta feedback. I'm so schizophrenic about it - I'm both fascinated by and terrified of it at the same time.

I am glad I did a read-through first, though, because I react to almost all of it with one of "Oops," "Oh, yeah, good point," or "Yeah, sorry - I'll fix that!" So far no surprises, although some of the systemic stuff...yeah, sorry, I'll fix that; except I'm not entirely sure I can. It is very useful to discover what is noticed, though (and sometimes interesting to discover what is NOT).

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
Half of 3200 words is still nice, Lucie. Sure hope the headaches cease soon for you, Saoirse. I'm thinking that I need to change my user name to Granddaddyo, since I spent so much of my last two months babysitting. BUT, the good news is that both girls are going the day care route full time next week. Well, I said good news, but in fact I'm a little bummed that I won't see them as often. I'd rather have them order me around all day, than turn them over to day care handlers who won't spoil them like I will.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Half of 3200 words is still nice, Lucie. Sure hope the headaches cease soon for you, Saoirse. I'm thinking that I need to change my user name to Granddaddyo, since I spent so much of my last two months babysitting. BUT, the good news is that both girls are going the day care route full time next week. Well, I said good news, but in fact I'm a little bummed that I won't see them as often. I'd rather have them order me around all day, than turn them over to day care handlers who won't spoil them like I will.

No one can spoil quite like a grandparent.:D

Saoirse, hope you're feeling better.:Hug2:

Managed 316 words today then deleted 694 so er...:Headbang:

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
983 words today. Felt so slow.
Finished a chapter, though.

Hoping for some more speed tomorrow.