• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Entangled Publishing

Dream Weaver

Blank pages are my enemy
Registered
Reaction score
Right after getting screamed at by a patient I went back to my office to eat my now cold oodles of noodles to see I got an email from Entangled.

It was an R.

I'm having a sad night in the ED.

So sorry to hear that :( The R emails always seem to come at great times, don't they? Keep at it!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
sorry about the R. :(

I'm still waiting to hear back from Entangled.

APolar

Registered
Reaction score
I also received the dreaded R. I think that puts me at 0/4 with Entangled since they opened. I know what the problem is now and I'm going to rewrite.

I stand at 0/4 as well. My #5, which I'm both hoping and dreading to hear back from soon, stands at 92 days. Hoping 5 is my lucky number.

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Anyway, have you guys who write YA seen this?

Introducing Teen Crave and Teen Crush

They talked about this while in Vegas and I think it sounds awesome! I don't know if I'll ever write anything for it since its not quite my niche but I think it's genius! I learned a lot there so if you have any questions about it feel free to shoot them to me (PM might be best cause I don't check this thread all that often) I suggest reading a few of their adult category romances to get a feel for them if you plan on giving it a shot.

Anny B.

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm on day 58. I seem to have forgotten when it went from received to in-progress...hoping to hear something soon or at least soonish.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't got anything to submit right now, but I'm wondering if Entangled take the steamier stuff e.g. menage (M/F/M) and romances with more graphic sexual scenes? Also, what do they do to promote their books? I subbed something to them in January, but I then withdrew it from Submittable because I didn't think they'd take a book without a HEA (it was a trilogy with the HEA only happening at the end of third book).Thanks!

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
They do M/M F/F and M/F I'm sure just about anything is fine (though I know they're not a fan of any kind of cheating). Brazen is the erotic line, but LoveStruck is a cool new imprint that's between Bliss and Brazen (I think it was Bliss... Maybe indulgence...) where the romance is more substantial/sweeter but with more/hotter sex scenes. So yes, they do the more graphic sex, it's just a matter of where it fits. I think they do need a HEA, though. Not sure how it works for a series though.

romancewriter

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone looking to submit to Entangled, they are currently a hosting a contest through Query Tracker. I posted the details in the Contest Elsewhere thread. Just thought I'd mention it.

tiffany318

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can submit more than one manuscript to Entangled at a time? I have one currently in-progress and am just wondering if I can submit the one I'm working on now before that one has moved on.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Does anyone know if you can submit more than one manuscript to Entangled at a time? I have one currently in-progress and am just wondering if I can submit the one I'm working on now before that one has moved on.

If you say you're currently working on your second manuscript, best to have it completely polished before submitting it.

Normally, publishers and agents don't like to see more than one manuscript from one author at the same time. But if it's in a different imprint, I don't see the harm, as long as it's ready. Anyone else want to chime in?

HLWampler

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
And I'm back in the game. My second manuscript to them has finally been polished, scrubbed, and submitted.

HLWampler

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Fastest ever from received to in progress....7 hours. So begins the waiting game!

This genre is erotica. My first time subing erotica to them.

quacktaculaura

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! :D

:( Sorry about your R.

But to answer your earlier question--it was about three months. It took a little longer because I had to revise parts of the manuscript for my editor before she took it to the acquisitions board.

If you don't mind me asking, how hard was the revision process? The editor who had my manuscript offered me an R&R.

Last edited:

Haunted_October

Ready to kick the WIP's butt!
Registered
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how hard was the revision process? The editor who had my manuscript offered me an R&R.

I added about 6k/7k to my book during the revisions. My editor needed me to focus a little more on the romance throughout the book so I went through and added a few scenes, plus my hero had once cheated on my heroine and Entangled doesn't really like that so I went through and changed any mention of cheating and changed the reason for the original breakup.

alyssabcole

Registered
Reaction score
I'm on day 53. I've basically accepted that my novel isn't the type of thing Entangled would be interested in, even though I'm still listed as "in-progress", so hopefully once I email after the 60 days I won't be upset if they say no. Quite honestly though, if they happened to say yes, I would flat-out cry. I'm starting to wonder who to submit to now since I can't seem to pick up an agent and I'm running low on my list of small-medium presses to submit to. Maybe I'll need to set this book aside permanently. Hmm...

quacktaculaura

Registered
Reaction score
I added about 6k/7k to my book during the revisions. My editor needed me to focus a little more on the romance throughout the book so I went through and added a few scenes, plus my hero had once cheated on my heroine and Entangled doesn't really like that so I went through and changed any mention of cheating and changed the reason for the original breakup.

Yeah, I think I may need to up the romance. We'll see what she says when I get the notes back. I'm pretty excited though.

quacktaculaura

Registered
Reaction score
I'm on day 53. I've basically accepted that my novel isn't the type of thing Entangled would be interested in, even though I'm still listed as "in-progress", so hopefully once I email after the 60 days I won't be upset if they say no. Quite honestly though, if they happened to say yes, I would flat-out cry. I'm starting to wonder who to submit to now since I can't seem to pick up an agent and I'm running low on my list of small-medium presses to submit to. Maybe I'll need to set this book aside permanently. Hmm...

Have you thought about the #pitchwars contest on Twitter? It seems like a great way to connect with agents, get your work polished, etc.