• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Writers House

Liz_V

Not my first rodeo.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Snail-queried Robin Rue 1/29/14.
Snail-R (form, but at least they troubled to insert my name & book title) 3/13.

lindyhop

Registered
Reaction score
Website
setterby.weebly.com
Anyone have updated response times for Beth Miller? Looks like the last update for her in this thread was about a year ago. On Querytracker, her single recorded offer came after only seven days! She's had my full for two weeks now.

LiteraryMouse

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

I might be able to help.

10/16/2013- EQ to Beth Miller
11/13/2013 - Full request
11/22/2013 - Rejection with a couple of sentences explaining why she was passing. I really appreciated that.

YA Fantasy

lindyhop

Registered
Reaction score
Website
setterby.weebly.com
Thanks, LiteraryMouse. I'm sorry to hear about the rejection, but it is nice that she explained it. Sounds like she really does have an incredibly fast turnaround... Eek.

peanut

Registered
Reaction score
I email queried Alec Shane and finally got a response. It took 75 days to hear back. Thought others would like to hear about the length of time for him.

maracalone

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have anything out with Steven Malk? He's rejected fulls sent after mine, but I haven't heard a word. Not that I want a speedy rejection. :p

I don't think he's a non-responder to fulls, or is he?

BC11

Possibly related to R2-D2
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody have a full out with Stephen Barr?

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on a response from Beth Miller on a query I sent on 27th April...wonder how long to leave it until I requery!

BC11

Possibly related to R2-D2
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, QueryTracker shows she's up to April 25th on her query backlog. I should think you'll hear back soon!

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have anything out with Steven Malk? He's rejected fulls sent after mine, but I haven't heard a word. Not that I want a speedy rejection. :p

It's generally a good sign when Steve is holding onto your full. :) My fingers are crossed for you!!

maracalone

Registered
Reaction score
It's generally a good sign when Steve is holding onto your full. :) My fingers are crossed for you!!

I hope so. Or it could be that he forgot all about me. LOL! I just passed the 4 month mark, so I think I will nudge this week. I hate nudging.

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score

I also have a full out with him, and I'm a little nervous since I didn't get a confirmation email after I sent the full. But here's hoping for the best for both of us!

maracalone

Registered
Reaction score
I also have a full out with him, and I'm a little nervous since I didn't get a confirmation email after I sent the full. But here's hoping for the best for both of us!

If you don't mind my asking, when did you send yours?

JoshSpaceCole

Mostly I just avoid real life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joshua-cole.com
Anybody have a full out with Stephen Barr?
Sorry I'm just now seeing this.

I've had a full out with Stephen Barr since August 28th of last year. My understanding is that he's super swamped, but since I haven't had any response to my nudge(s), I'm unsure if I should expect any response at this point.

Have you heard anything?

JoshSpaceCole

Mostly I just avoid real life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joshua-cole.com
Welp, I had to say something. Just got a rejection in today.

I can't say I'm too surprised after all this time, but the rejection was super sweet and further evidence that it would have been an absolute pleasure to work with Stephen. "It deserves an agent that can love it more" sort of thing.

SuperKate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidbooklist.com
Welp, I had to say something. Just got a rejection in today.

I can't say I'm too surprised after all this time, but the rejection was super sweet and further evidence that it would have been an absolute pleasure to work with Stephen. "It deserves an agent that can love it more" sort of thing.

Sorry for the bad news, Josh. Thanks for sharing the info, and hope you find the right agent very soon.

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
I don't suppose that anyone here has had any recent interaction with the UK agent, Angharad Kowl? There are very few interviews with her online, but it looks like she's made a couple of sales, both on behalf of the US contingent and through the UK one.

Heathertruett

Wordy Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.madamerubies.com
Leigh Feldman's assistant left for a teaching job. There is an interim assistant and her new assistant begins on Aug 11th.

In case anyone is waiting, know there is some shuffling going on right now.