• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Nancy Yost Literary Agency

Pomegranate Paul

spangle maker
Registered
Reaction score
update on Zoe

Hello all:

Wanted to share that Zoe is leaving both Nancy Yost and agenting in general, for very positive personal reasons. I'm very sad to see her go - as a first-time author, I felt like I hit the jackpot with Zoe, and would have been happy to build a career with her. Nancy and the others at NYLiterary have been very clear that my projects are a priority for them in this transition, so my opinion of the agency remains very high. But for those of you thinking of querying Zoe, you should look elsewhere, sigh...

MandyHubbard

Once Upon a Time....
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MandyHubbard.com
I've been with the agency for 5 years, all the way back to when it was Lowenstein-Yost. I was with Zoe Shacham as well, though her last day is this week. I'm switching over to Nancy Yost.

I've met Natanya twice and she's lovely. She got a large deal right out of the gate as a new agent, and I've seen a number of sales from her since. The agency is run by Nancy who is incredibly smart and good at what she does.

Zoe sold seven books for me, and Nancy will be submitting my option books this fall. I think the agency in general is wonderful. :)

Brian P. White

Father, Husband, Soldier, Christian
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Nancy Yost 17 months ago (to the day!) and received a response a month later from Natanya Wheeler. It was a very nice AND VERY INFORMATIVE rejection. We corresponded for a month after that (well, I asked a bunch of questions and she very wonderfully gave me great insights). My problem was having a huge word count (177k, clipped to 147k when I queried her agency), and I've since eliminated that problem--it just took some real growth on my part. She was so nice, she even sent me and my fellow troops a bunch of books (I was deployed to Iraq at the time ... which is what held up my membership to this website! lol). My experience with her was so nice that I'm going to take a chance and query her again (she did say I was free to contact her if I got it under 100k).

Yes, I really hope to get it this time. That being said, whether I get it or not, I really enjoyed corresponding with her and wish her all the best. She's a real class act!

Pomegranate Paul

spangle maker
Registered
Reaction score
Just noticed Adrienne Rosado, formerly of PMA, on the Nancy Yost web site as combo agent/foreign rights - same position Zoe left. No personal info on her (yet) just flagging the change...

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Query sent

Submitted a query this evening to Nancy Yost for my historical fiction. Will post an update when I hear something.

Happy New Year!
Bryan

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Submitted a query this evening to Nancy Yost for my historical fiction. Will post an update when I hear something.

Happy New Year!
Bryan

Got a form rejection today from Nancy. Oh well, continuing on...
Bryan

Bron

Registered
Reaction score
You've made me nervous now Bryan. I queried Nancy the day before you, so I must be due a reply soon. I sense some obsessive email-checking ahead of me :)

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
You've made me nervous now Bryan. I queried Nancy the day before you, so I must be due a reply soon. I sense some obsessive email-checking ahead of me :)

Any word yet? Maybe it's a good sign that they are taking a bit longer on yours...??? Good luck, and keep us updated!
Bryan

Last edited:

Bron

Registered
Reaction score
Any word yet? Maybe it's a good sign that they are taking a bit longer on yours...??? Good luck, and keep us updated!
Bryan

I hope so, but it probably doesn't mean anything. Thanks, and I'll definitely let you know the outcome!

akaSylvia

Doesn't Bite
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.intrigue.co.uk
Hmm, I queried Nancy Yost in September and have not heard back. I presumed she was a non-responder but if she has form-rejections then I think I should have heard. I will follow up!

Bron

Registered
Reaction score
I still haven't heard, and there's a few people on Querytracker who have queried after me and received a reply, so I think I'm going to follow up too.

Veronica Leigh

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Sarah E. Younger

Has anyone had any experiences with Sarah E. Younger, one of the associate agents? She has been very kind to me. Initially she wasn't interested in my novel, but after I asked why, she gave great feedback and offered to read the whole manuscript once I revised it.
Just wondered if anyone has worked with her. Thanks.

ohthatmomagain

writing, working, weeping, winning
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experiences with Sarah E. Younger, one of the associate agents? She has been very kind to me. Initially she wasn't interested in my novel, but after I asked why, she gave great feedback and offered to read the whole manuscript once I revised it.

How did it turn out? I just queried her. I'm kinda nervous actually. She is a perfect fit for my novel (which isn't easy for a young adult/Christian novel).

K. Victoria Chase

Registered
Reaction score
Website
torilounge.blogspot.com

Hi Veronica! What was Sarah's response time? I sent her a query and first 3 chapters back on April 18th and I know they ask for 8 weeks.

Veronica Leigh

Registered
Reaction score
Sarah E. Younger

Sarah has been fabulous. She asked for a three month exclusive in regards to my story and in the meantime she has some edits for me to do. She is going to the AFCW conference in a few months to meet some Christian editors/publishers. If all goes well and the story is where we both want it, she mentioned sending it off to the publishers in the fall.
My fingers are crossed and prayers are being sent upwards. This is the best experience I have had with an agent. I have nothing but praise for her.
When I first sent her my query, I think she responded to me after two or three weeks and we have been in contact ever since.
Good luck to you all. I wish you the best.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I can't find her on Publishers Marketplace, has anyone else found her there? Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Edit: Main reason is I'm trying to find if anyone at her agency does Middle Grade fantasy. I can't seem to find if they do, I went to their pages and it doesn't seem like it, but they also don't have anything they don't represent, which is why I want to double check.

Veronica Leigh

Registered
Reaction score
I couldn't find anything about them on Publisher's Market either. All you can do is ask. Best of luck to you!

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Adrienne's had my partial for over two months now and I nudged her (about 3 weeks ago), but nothing. I can understand not getting a response from a query, but when an agent requests work, I think it's a little unprofessional when you never hear back when they request work.

Roosgal

Registered
Reaction score
I sent Sarah a query on May 23, got a request for a full the next day. Eleven days later we set up a time to talk on the phone. After dozens of no responses from agents it's safe to say I really like Sarah.